Inactive Topic Ideas Comp - Atk/Supp tracker

DeletedUser52067

Proposal: Looking at the game through the strategic map allows you to see the trajectories of incoming/outgoing attacks and supports.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, didn't find anything.

Reason: I just think it would be visually satisfying and would also make it easier to monitor times/incomings than the current drop down menu.

Details: While looking at your world through the strategic map, all outgoing attacks/supports can be shown moving on a dotted line to their destination. To simplify, attacks could move on red lines while supports moved on green lines. Mousing over one of your own attacks or supports would show the number of units, destination and landing time (much like in the drop down menu) as well as the option to cast spells. While mousing over enemy incomings/supports would show where they are coming from as well as when they land, and provide the option to cast spells.

Visual Aids: I suck at photoshop

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Considering its a visual aid and not really a power, I don't think there is any room for abuse or a need to balance.

Summary: I think this would make it much easier and quicker to get a good idea where attacks are coming from, seeing the speed at which they are moving along the lines could also be helpful in determining what the attacks are. It also makes it easier to monitor where your troops are going/returning from at the later stages of the game.

Possible alternations:
It has crossed my mind that during a flash attack where one of your cities has 50-100 incomings, the screen could become overcrowded. Perhaps this option would be best for only the players outgoing attacks and supports however, for the time being I think the original idea would be more interesting.

DeletedUser52067

Ah yes very similar! I've posted in US before too but it never got any traction

DeletedUser52067

Let's let it go through to the comp just the same, I think it's a great idea. MeruneZ gets the gold if it wins!