Inactive Topic Ideas Comp - Enhanced Chat

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Proposal: Improvement to chat feature - The chat box is presented as a bar and stays like that.

Reason: To establish better and faster communication and increase the use of the "CHAT" feature of Grepolis which many people doesn't yet know about.

Details: The chat box already exists in the list of stuff. But people barely use it to talk. Rather there are people who played grepo for years and never opened this. To put this into action properly, I suggest it being like an accessible bar, the drawer way. Like we can hide/unhide the land troops and sea troops section. The position can be slightly above the building queue we see (Will be shown in the Visual Aid below). Actually position don't matter as long as it does not fade away, or act like a normal bar which gets closed. (Exceptions mentioned for abuse prevention)

In mobile, I do not think live update is possible, so will just go by "Refresh Now" option there.

Visual Aids:
UJRY4dL.png

1 and 2 indicates the positions where chat bar can just be fixed permanently (If turned on). And arrows show the Hide/Unhide option. The chat box might be tall enough to show 4-5 lines of message, which should be enough. And as you can see, we use this feature and its really helpful.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Does not require too much balancing here. Just some people might not like the feature. So they can just turn off chat like we turn of background music as of now. And in mobile, it can just be a notific/thumbnail with a # of messages quote box/optional/unavailable

FazeWalker

Phrourach
I hope you guys already understood this is an improvement idea! Not a new feature suggestion! I hope it's not too much to ask! :D (dip)

DeletedUser

I totally oppose this idea. I have seen this before it just uses up stuff that could be put better use.

FazeWalker

Phrourach
I do not think there's any better use of space in a game rather than communication. It's just the basic of every game, forum isn't equal to a chat room, not even close due to lack of auto-refresh. Relying on a third party app/software is not easy or accessable for everyone. Also people does not want to include real life apps for a game often. Yes, skype/line chat rooms do work, not for everyone, many people wants to maintain their real life identification away.

If you try chatting in-game once, you'll know why I'm thinking about this. It greatly helps in co-ordination and stuff (if you are serious about it). Yeah, skype gives you emos to chat with, don't think we need em.