Ideas for a Newspaper

DeletedUser40768

I am thinking of making a newspaper for this world. Think it could really help with the activity here, and it has been many weeks since the last time this world had a newspaper. Right now I think my plan would be for a monthly paper, as not enough happens to do one every week or two.

What I would like to know is what do you guys want to see in the newspaper?

DeletedUser49358

I think plenty happens now for a bi-weekly newspaper, it may be a speed one world but now that most players have multiple cities and alliances are reaching the 100k point range as a standard.

Anyway war starting date between alliances in the top 12 or 15 would be good along with mergers and diplomatic alliances/pacts, alliance disband dates ect... just standard newspaper stuff.

DeletedUser21774

Perhaps come up with a list of items you will touch on so you won't have pressure to be creative, or be excited or run dry based on how your alliance is doing.

DeletedUser49197

I think your main analysis should be this:

Imperial Order VS Triad
Predict who will win, identify who is on what sides, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40768

I think plenty happens now for a bi-weekly newspaper, it may be a speed one world but now that most players have multiple cities and alliances are reaching the 100k point range as a standard.

Anyway war starting date between alliances in the top 12 or 15 would be good along with mergers and diplomatic alliances/pacts, alliance disband dates ect... just standard newspaper stuff.

Maybe you are right, guess I will have a better idea of how frequent they can be once I start doing them.

Perhaps come up with a list of items you will touch on so you won't have pressure to be creative, or be excited or run dry based on how your alliance is doing.

That is a good idea, will start coming up with a list after I get some more feedback about the newspaper. +rep to you dustballs.

I think your main analysis should be this:

Imperial Order VS Triad
Predict who will win, identify who is on what sides, etc.

This would definitely have to be included, that should be fun to do.

Thanks for the feedback guys, feel free to post any other suggestions or ideas.

DeletedUser38464

Sink, float and swim is always fun. Maybe also interviews with active players.

DeletedUser40768

Sink, float and swim is always fun. Maybe also interviews with active players.

Not a maybe, interviews are a must Kyer. Thanks for the feedback :)

As for the list someone suggested, here is what I have come up with off the top of my head so far. I also put just about everything you guys suggested:

Newspaper Topics
Fall of Retribution
Fall of Last Legion (Got MM's, got some heated convos saved in the notes, and was there so I have a lot of info for this)
Newly Reformed LL and DGOW merger
Interviews
Top 12 Sink and Swim
Imperial Order vs. Triad and other wars
Funny messages (I got a bunch from LL and Z.A.T.O. still saved but in the future these might need to be submitted by players)
Grepolis trivia question
Comics or Cartoons

Still brainstorming, if anyone has anything to add.

DeletedUser49162

Interviews with small players to get the opinion of average and new players. Also ZATO has restarted with 2 or 3 old members. New leaders. I am in it. We are doing ishy (not a real word I know). Also have an opinions section where you give your opinion on anything like an editorial

DeletedUser40768

Interviews with small players to get the opinion of average and new players. Also ZATO has restarted with 2 or 3 old members. New leaders. I am in it. We are doing ishy (not a real word I know). Also have an opinions section where you give your opinion on anything like an editorial

An opinions section, sounds like an interesting idea. I think the interviews for the first issue will mainly be with leaders, so we can get insight on what is happening with wars, diplomacy, and things of that nature. In future issues though I wouldn't mind interviewing regular players.

DeletedUser49197

I'm leading the #9 alliance in the world, and I'd be happy to do an interview... It gets boring here in the externals sometimes...:)

DeletedUser33951

Would love to see a Newspaper pop up in Zancle, credits to you for doing so Joseph. I'd be willing to take an interview from AO also.

DeletedUser49358

Having a Greek mythological horoscope based on Zancle alliances might be fun. For example:

Sanctuary players can expect the sun god Apollo to bestow upon them radiant rays of sun light.

I wouldn't suggest doing one for every top 12 alliance in every issue just 3-4 and continue to rotate which alliances get a horoscope.