Ignorance

DeletedUser1405

Is it me or do we have all the bad mannered players in here, i cant beleive how many people have opened there mail i have sent and just ignored it.
Gont know if we have a large selection of ingrates but i think these players need to learn that this isnt the way we play the game.

Please people at least message back that you dont want to be bothered or if you have been sent an invite say no and alter it that way.

But to completely ignore is it rank bad manners, get it together and at least lets have some decency, i know its a war game but thats it its just a game.
:Angry:

DeletedUser

I agree 100%.

While the forum goers are generally polite enough, the people that play the game are often downright rude.

I sent a message to every person on my island as an experiment, and only got about 5 responses. Even counting inactives, that is just a horrid rate!

Let's hope it changes.

Nintz

DeletedUser1405

I agree, i'm not looking for members just trying to make convo on my island, daft thing i only got 1 response and now we are PA,s. He is new to the game and i am working with him so it shows decency works in the long run.

DeletedUser21560

my two cents

Erhmm... instead of people having to say no thanks politely to your invite, why dont you pm people BEFORE you invite them, if you get no response = no invite...

This is a war game,not the sims or a chat site, some people come here only to kill.. there is a facebook, and a million other social/chat sites they can use if they feel like chatting...

Just my two cents

Greets Thizz The Polite

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We aren't talking about random invites.

We are referring to players' lack of ability or desire to communicate with us.

This is also an MMO game, so saying people don't have to work together and communicate is well... not correct.

And I for one did send messages in my aforementioned experiment.

Nintz

DeletedUser

when a player gets an invite with (or before) a conversation they will see you as an MRA and might just ignore you.... Mass Recruiting Alliances deserve to be ignored, they are the worst kind of alliance.
maybe you guys should contact (without an invite) only players based in your area and ask them what they plan to do for an alliance ect... and talk to them about that BEFORE suggesting they join you (before you send invite)

so glad to see another server has been added to this game ... it was badly needed because there is no room left in the old worlds - they are all stuffed full and overflowing... wait. no they are not. and no this server isnt needed.
enjoy cash-cow Byzantium, dont waste any cash on premium because this server will only die like the rest are dying now ... later down the line.

DeletedUser

Did you read my posts, zordas?

I specifically said that I sent out a message NOT an invite to players on my island.

I was inviting them to my (failed) alliance, but that is irrelevent. I made it clear that I wasn't an MRA in my message.

The point is that even though I politely requested a response from them, they lack the common civility to respond.

DeletedUser

yes I read them and they didnt say anything about not inviting.
My point is that if you DO send an invite (you say now you havent) then people see that before their mail and match the name of the person (or their alliance) inviting & messaging them, meaning they know what your mail is about before they open it and its more likely to be ignored.
it isnt easy to get an alliance started from scratch ... often players will decide to wait on this until alliances start to form and then they pick the one that is biggest or closest to them ect. (which doesnt help new alliances get off the ground much at all)
some players dont think seriously about an alliance until they feel threatened by a bigger local account or alliance near them ... they are happy to be solo until they have a need for an alliance.

DeletedUser

Yes, I agree with everything you said in your second post.

However, even if players don't think about alliances, like you say, they could at least send a polite: "thank you for the offer, but I don't feel like joining an alliance right now".

That is the point of this thread.

DeletedUser

I agree 100% as well!

I mean you take the time to message them, at least they could have the decency to message back with a simple reply... Makes me think they aren't into playing the game.

Part of the game is communicating I think, so whats the point of playing if your going to be a mute???

DeletedUser21418

forget it

i had about 450 pm s sins we startet, så i open and delet, not my problem that playres dosent read the profile.

Normaly Nice and polite but this is out of crontroll

And if i get one more PM starting whit Please, i take them out

DeletedUser

I think it's normal for most worlds, that in the beginning of that world, to meerly ignore invites. But mails, I agree, at least respond, even if just to say "No" to whatever it is your speaking about.

I always make it a point to answer all my mails, no matter how stupid or annoying they may be, or if offering something I have little to no interest in. If someone takes the time to mail me, I can do the same in return.

But, invites... I ignore them. If someone wants me in their alliance, they can mail me first, and I can get to know the people I am going to be playing with for a while. Since I don't like to alliance hop, I like to make sure I am making the right choice from the start.

DeletedUser21560

I agree 100% as well!

I mean you take the time to message them, at least they could have the decency to message back with a simple reply... Makes me think they aren't into playing the game.

Part of the game is communicating I think, so whats the point of playing if your going to be a mute???

I dont see the part with communicating as a part of of the game

You have the choice to communicate, and the choice not to

why should ppl let you know what time zones they play on?

People get about 20 invites to alliances so they should pm every single one of them and say politely no thanks? come on guys!

DeletedUser

Is it me or do we have all the bad mannered players in here, i cant beleive how many people have opened there mail i have sent and just ignored it.
Gont know if we have a large selection of ingrates but i think these players need to learn that this isnt the way we play the game.

Please people at least message back that you dont want to be bothered or if you have been sent an invite say no and alter it that way.

But to completely ignore is it rank bad manners, get it together and at least lets have some decency, i know its a war game but thats it its just a game.

it might be due to the large number of mails or invites they are getting. if iw as getting 8 a day i would be ignoring them lol. I always start of with good intentions but when you have been asked 40 times can i join your alliance even though we have a min criteria then am sorry i dont reply

DeletedUser1405

I want to point out that if you read my post you will understand that i do send messages before sending any invite, i like to know who is joining us before inviting them.
So the fact they are ignoring them makes it even worse, its nothing to do with recruiting its being friendly.

Thrillology

Phrourach

I agree completely!
I keep getting mad and frustrated messages from the people who conquered me in Athens and yeah, they were Upset to find me in the core and them not.
:p

Still, I am like "Seriously, it is a game." Then he told me:
"dis is my lif, if i die, i wil die.so fuc u."
(He has bad spelling).

DeletedUser

Not to mention how cocky they are that they'll win. Doubt even half of them will be around. I doubt i'll even be around for long. I get many invites but little amount of messages, though i turn down all invites and reply to all messages :)

DeletedUser

I dont see the part with communicating as a part of of the game

You have the choice to communicate, and the choice not to

why should ppl let you know what time zones they play on?

People get about 20 invites to alliances so they should pm every single one of them and say politely no thanks? come on guys!

I'm actually taking the time message people to join my alliance, unlike most members who were just sending open invites to any player they came across.

I never said they had to tell me their time zone?? I don't expect an immediate message.

And last point, again I never said you had to message every member that sends you an alliance request. Only very few members actually send a message asking you to join. So I don't see any harm in getting a response back. I'm not saying they should be kicked from the game, but its a gesture of acknowledgment. That Member took the time to PM you... why not write back??

DeletedUser1405

i dont think these posts are personal they are aimed at groups.

DeletedUser

I haven't replied to an invite I received because the alliance didn't send a message first, and I wanted to find out about them before joining. I'm totally new to Grepolis, not just Byzantium.

A bit of research later and it turns out they are in a completely different ocean and claim that they only want new members in their ocean. So why did they message everyone in my local island? Weird... A couple of local guys have joined their alliance, but I don't know what to do for the best.

Choosing a decent alliance definitely looks really difficult, what with expecting members to use IM systems (I just don't, OK? I log in often enough to use the ingame thing.) Also, one alliance reckoned they only accept players with more than 1000 points - but their player list has at least 25% with fewer points than me... It is all a bit too confusing at the moment.

So I don't really want to say "No" outright to this not-quite-the-most-appropriate-alliance, more "Not just now, thanks". BTW - usually play via my smartphone, which doesn't let all the normal functions work. That may include some of the messaging, I have yet to try it.

Would love to find a suitable alliance with one of the more coherent and helpful contributors to the forum in it. But most of them seem to be in oceans miles away! (That includes you, Mike62, and Nintz.)