Illuminati's End

DeletedUser

I kept pretty quiet about what happened with Illuminati, but I've decided to share what happened, especially since LB are spreading a different version.

Mumm-ra from Illuminati had been speaking to me often. We had a pact between Evo and Illuminati.. They ended it quite suddenly though and I start to mis-trust him.

We agreed a NAP and he offered to attack Little Brother once they were in a better position. He later said he was trying to get LB to merge.. and at one point offered Evo leadership in Illuminati.

I found out that he was telling LB the same thing and was basically playing us off against each other.

I spoke to LB and told them what I'd been told and we decided that we wanted to teach him a lesson.

We agreed a temp truce and to share a forum to make claims on mumm-ra's cities. It was agreed that we would take his cities and then decide what we would do then about the rest of Illuminati.

We also agreed that we would not re-start attacks until we had arranged an agreed time in advanced so that neither alliance could surprise attack.. it was a mutual agreement to ensure neither side gained any advantage.

It was unfortunate that this was agreed after Evo had made the decision to go into mass VM for the weekend. However the plan was to hit Mumm-ra on the Monday after Evo returned. I told 2 leaders of LB of our plans to go into vm an assured them that we'd be ready for monday attacks.

The leaders were fine with this agreement and had no problems with it at all.

Arriving back on Monday to find out LB had removed the shared forum and started attacking Mumm-ra 24hrs before the agreed time.. and had also been attacking and going for conquer on the claims Evo players had made.

Also almost the second players came back they were receiving attacks from LB, which were before the agreed time to start attacks on Mumm-ra... and against the agreement to plan in advance the end of the truce.

Leaderships didn't really wanna know and the 2 I spoke to kept passing me back and forth between them.

They had gone back on our agreement, took the spoils and turned on us as quick as they could. Very underhand I'd say... not only that they told their own players that Evo had turned on them!

Illuminati disbanded ofc.. was it down to LB alone? I doubt it.. I believe the thought of going up against both alliances was too much. We did LB a big favour assisting on the end of illuminati and this is how we were repaid.

Anyway, maybe this might be a warning to the alliances now joined up in a coalition with them.. watch your back :p

DeletedUser

Not to be crass, but...

As they say all is fair in love and WAR. :pro:

DeletedUser

how come you lot can post about how big and bad Evo is, but when someone else acts twice as bad as us.. it's all far in love and war ;)

setting up joint attacks and then turning around and attacking just before is pretty underhand in anyones books.. 'help us attack and when you're busy planning we'll sneak up and hit ya' yeah right thats a good thing in any alliance :p oh and afterwards we'll spread it around it was all your fault lol nice sign me up to an alliance like that any day :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh I am not saying it is fair, I am just saying.

I got bent out of shape (when honestly I should have not) about the whole VM thing.

This is not really along those lines but def underhanded. Is it excusable? The saying goes there is nothing excusable when someone loses and eye... or is it feelings get hurt. :eek: Anyway when someone feels wronged then we become a reactive animal.

The fact of the matter is that you all were and are enemies. That is inescapable so in war the following applies: do onto you before you do onto me. Is it honorable... NO. Is it smart... YES.

That was my point I was not trying defend it just explain it as an outsider looking in.

DeletedUser

To be honest. Its not the version we deal with - Also not the version we had from the beginning. Actually did I remember it like we where waiting for you to came back from VM - But as you dont did that did our leaders decide to start the move on Illu....

I can for sure let you know that our leaders had kicked some well respected buts as we had 1 or 2 members that (As you also say) break the truth with you. Actually are we about to eat their cities up for that.. So as I see it. Both side did what they had promised. But. We had a minor mistakes inside (I agree) But we took hand on it - And one of thoose that is been kicked is actually a higly respected member.

So from my 10 cent. Its a 2 sided version and we adit we had made a little mistakes. But not as you told

DeletedUser

Oh I am not saying it is fair, I am just saying.

I got bent out of shape (when honestly I should have not) about the whole VM thing.

This is not really along those lines but def underhanded. Is it excusable? The saying goes there is nothing excusable when someone loses and eye... or is it feelings get hurt. :eek: Anyway when someone feels wronged then we become a reactive animal.

The fact of the matter is that you all were and are enemies. That is inescapable so in war the following applies: do onto you before you do onto me. Is it honorable... NO. Is it smart... YES.

That was my point I was not trying defend it just explain it as an outsider looking in.

haha I know.. I just thought I'd share this story.. can't all be about how bad Evo is ;) I kinda got a bit bent out of shape for about 10 mins then got over it lol but still I think I'd like to put Evo's name right on this one.. :)

To be honest. Its not the version we deal with - Also not the version we had from the beginning. Actually did I remember it like we where waiting for you to came back from VM - But as you dont did that did our leaders decide to start the move on Illu....

I was online hours before we were due to attack Mumm-ra.. I have the mails still that I sent with the times on. Attacks were due to start at 12pm.. at 7 am when I came out of vm and LB was already attacking Mumm-ra (which was fine because I'd told shugs to start if he wanted) but LB were also attacking Evo Claims and Also attacking Evo players.

I can for sure let you know that our leaders had kicked some well respected buts as we had 1 or 2 members that (As you also say) break the truth with you. Actually are we about to eat their cities up for that.. So as I see it. Both side did what they had promised.

I'm not sure how both sides did what they promised, Evo did as promised..
but LB agreed to truce until Mumm-ra was taken out, they went back on that.. LB agreed that each alliance would take their claims and only attack them to clear if required, they went back on that... LB agreed to have an advanced and agreed time to restart our war, LB went back on that... I asked LB leaders to tell the alliance we had not gone back on our word and had followed our agreement 100%, LB hasn't done this.. it appears that are telling a very different story..

But. We had a minor mistakes inside (I agree) But we took hand on it - And one of thoose that is been kicked is actually a higly respected member.

So from my 10 cent. Its a 2 sided version and we adit we had made a little mistakes. But not as you told

Well since I've not heard a thing since LB did this, no explaination has been given, I really can't comment on this. Though some LB players seem to think Evo went back on our agreement and we didn't.

DeletedUser

Apparently one of the players in LB removed the shared forum and restarted the war with Evo early.. he was striped of his rights and has now left.

Also seems to be a misunderstanding over when attacks were due to start.

DeletedUser

There are plenty of these confusing situations where it's obvious that the real story may never come out; there will just be different sides based on perspective. Also quite a few wars started in error or joined badly because of all the confusion.

From my perspective, this one was a pretty "weird" one but I was only seeing information second- and third-hand and not much. It looked like one of those things where leaders needed some serious frustration tolerance.

I always got confused on the stuff which is why I joined a "Mongo have big hammer and one goal" alliance. I change Evolution cities to black on the map and attack them. Black = a really challenging opponent. People who attack black = ally. Luckily, my neighbors TDC and Slaughterers (and now a few others since we've moved to now share borders) are big fans of simplicity so it works. Everybody else is irrelevant. Personally, Evolution was the best thing that ever happened to me. If they weren't there, I'd need to keep track of a constantly changing list of enemies and allies. That's just more than this little brain can process.

DeletedUser

All I know is one of the illuminati looked at me funny....... so they ALL had to go.

DeletedUser

well after posting this LB and I talked and I happy this is a combination of mis-understandings and one player who acted without the leaders knowledge

there were 2 stories and both sides thought they had the correct one lol

DeletedUser

well after posting this LB and I talked and I happy this is a combination of mis-understandings and one player who acted without the leaders knowledge

there were 2 stories and both sides thought they had the correct one lol

I knew it *lol*

DeletedUser

Ex Illuminatti

Illuminati failed because it's founder Mumm-ra was a pompous rigid hypocrite who figured he could say anything and do anything and not be noticed.
He was not only lying to other alliances but his own!
As far as Illuminati falling without a fight because of the temporary coalition between evolution and Little brother that was only the straw that broke the camels back and probably lost him any confidence he had left in that alliance (he new his goose was cooked).
The alliance had already started to bleed leaders before this happened so confidence was probably already in question!

How best to relate this????

I think I will start a history thread and put it in a short story aspect of my own journey in the game up until the alliance I am in.

To be continued......

DeletedUser

I think that would be a great idea. Like a thread about alliance's stories, how they started or how they fell. Or at least a story showing "I was here". I'm interested in reading stuff not related to grepostats or trash-talking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a history thread of iota? yeah that would be cool.. It would be nice to have a record of us all :)

and yes Mumm-ra disbanded illuminati when the coalition of evo and LB was formed. but you are right it was the final straw and sooner or later players would have started to realise and left..

clearly some like you random had already realised how mumm-ra was.

I will say he was very good at playing both sides, he promised evo the world and sounded very convincing.. I was fooled for awhile tbf but that backfired as I exposed his double-crossing to LB

DeletedUser16374

Let's just say Mumm-ra has 2 personalities and leave it and neither worked out 2 his advantage. Mumm-Ra and I had a some hot verbal exchanges right before his departure, so I parted to Little Brother and the rest is history. Illuminati had some really good players and some that loved the Sim aspect.

DeletedUser

oh yeah I got on extremely well with mumm-ra right up until he stabbed me in the back lol