I'm out

DeletedUser

My time in Grepolis' Forums is over.

It's been great, and lovely to meet you all. I haven't played the game since 2013, however, and the Forums that used to be filled with friends are now filled with darkness.

Freedom of speech is essential to any community. The willingness to tolerate other people's opinion, even about how they perceive you, is what binds any community. Once freedom of speech is no longer allowed a community will start imploding in upon itself. This is my theory as to why the Forums have died, and my sole issue over the last few days.

The decision to leave is not being made by me and it is possible that my departure will not be permanent. However, it's in anticipation that I say my goodbye.

~ WAVEBREAKER ~

DeletedUser8396

Goodbye... hope your proud pebble...

All but 3 posts since his brief return have been complaining about moderation, which is a breach of forum rules. I'm not going to apologize for enforcing the rules. He is more than welcome to stay and participate in the forum by posting within the forum guidelines. The fact that he has not done so, and has basically only contributed to dividing the community further, is not something I condone.

And might I stress that no forum member, mod or otherwise, has free speech here. You simply don't. You have restricted speech. Look at the forum guidelines that each member consents to abide by. Then look at the actions I have taken. If you still think I have crossed some line, report me.

Good bye Wave. Feel free to return once you want to contribute to the community.

DeletedUser46251

If by divide the community, you mean divide you from everyone else than yeah, I guess he may have...

I vote Pebble is removed of moderation rights, for in his own words "dividing the community".

Your not wanted here Pebbles.

DeletedUser50935

I don't think you broke any rules... I just think the rules are wrong... He has never explicitly talked about moderation so it can't be viewed as that... Im not asking for much... Just bend the rules a bit to keep the ever dwindling forum community happy (you're complaining about it shrinking)... AoC got banned for his little poke at the mods... All I'm saying is you guys need a chill pill... Overall you're not a bad mod and most of the mods are pretty good as well...
Edit: I think you pos repped me by accident :D

DeletedUser8396

I don't think you broke any rules... I just think the rules are wrong... He has never explicitly talked about moderation so it can't be viewed as that... Im not asking for much... Just bend the rules a bit to keep the ever dwindling forum community happy (you're complaining about it shrinking)... AoC got banned for his little poke at the mods... All I'm saying is you guys need a chill pill... Overall you're not a bad mod and most of the mods are pretty good as well...
Edit: I think you pos repped me by accident :D

Nope. Intended to pos-rep. Not going to derep for a mistake.

DeletedUser50935

Oh well in that case thanks... But could you please address my points in the post above...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

Oh well in that case thanks... But could you please address my points in the post above...

I'm not going to continue this thread. I have better things to do than explain why my actions are justified once more.

DeletedUser50935

Ok... I never said they weren't I just said you weren't being a particularly nice moderator...

DeletedUser31385

When you insult someone for doing their job, it hurts them. Without moderators the game would not be able to function.

DeletedUser50935

My signature is said in good humour as was AoCs and Waves posts (I think)... All I'm saying is just be a bit more lighthearted...

DeletedUser31385

My signature is said in good humour as was AoCs and Waves posts (I think)... All I'm saying is just be a bit more lighthearted...

It may have been funny for some people, but some of that really did upset the people who were written about. It is the reason as to why moderation is not discussed. People go too far with it.

DeletedUser50935

Well in that case I think an apology is owed... I suppose I can kinda understand why mods would get upset... However I don't think people are attempting to be offensive... Sorry if I have caused any offense

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40768

Honestly I liked AoC but yeah he deserved what he got. He was warned and kept repeating the same offense. That is just ignorance.

With Wave I think he does care but sometimes he showed it in form of attacks and it is constant verbal attacks by players that has made people leave the forum. Or just not join it in the first place. I think there was a better approach to it then what he did.

Link of time

Phrourach
If by divide the community, you mean divide you from everyone else than yeah, I guess he may have...

I vote Pebble is removed of moderation rights, for in his own words "dividing the community".

Your not wanted here Pebbles.
Amen to that.

It's been a good ride Wave. Sad to see ya go, especially because of something as preventable as this. Ever since BT got the co-coma job, things have gone downhill fast. Pebble can blame it on his "exodus" excuse or whatever he tried to tell me, but when somebody's always blaming somebody else, and something's ALWAYS going on with them, it's glaringly obvious what the problem is. "Don't discuss moderation this," "no allowing users to find out the mod rules" that.

Like I said, sad to see ya go wave. Hit me up on Skype if you ever wanna talk.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30636

damn, it really go bad in here huh? the forum moderators are almost as bad as inno. lack of respect for the community and really dont care what people think. Obviously the community is dying because of terrible moderation as well as its more of a oligarchy than a forum. Forums used to be fun. now they're ruined. :pro:

DeletedUser

Would any of you actually like to try being mods? Dealing with noobs and players with delusion of grandeur who can't just take an infraction. We follow the rules because they are designed to stop this forum from becoming a mess of bad language and spam/ trolling. You might think you want the mods gone but you could not do the job yourself or just get rid of us. Pebbles works hard for this community and doesn't need you lot commenting on a job you can't do.

DeletedUser

The point isnt necessarily that we dont want any mods or want one particular mod gone. THe only thing is that Forum-Mods seem to not really allow critisism in any form. Constructive or not, towards IG or the Team. Experienced the smae thing in the german Forums.

I just want to be able to express my thoughts. I dont see a rule against saying my opinion on stuff.

DeletedUser46251

If you can't see that Pebbles condescending comments are detrimental to the forum, than here lies part of the problem.

Pebbles constantly baits members into making a complaint against him, knowing full well that nothing will be done.

I won't net rep you like you did, I feel an open public debate on the issue would be better.