Imbros: Toucan's Log

DeletedUser53560

I clearly used gold. I wasn't going to use gold on anything but advisors but building was going so slow that I figured I'd just use some gold to unlock the new hero.
So How much gold was it roughly before you had all 5 ?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Not too much as I got lucky and got the branches within 1 or 2 extra spins every day. Though had I been unlucky it probably would have cost way more.

DeletedUser46315

I have 3, I've brought zero gold but I have sold the odd 2k resource for gold. Seeing how long I can go without buying gold!

DeletedUser42043

This kind of has a Robinson Crusoe's journals feel to it xD
quite entertaining lol
I'll be waiting for the next update..

will conflict come to you, or will you go looking for it?

DeletedUser42043

haha which ocean is it?
maybe I should take a look myself!

O63 has got some nice wars going on, much to my delight
It's just the third day on this server and I'm already having fun threatening people and spying on them
have yet to develop anything combat ready though :p

But I'd hate to interrupt this fascinating story with my boring everyday life, so I'll keep reading from the shadows ;)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Toucan's Log day 18:

I have built my first colony ship and have sent it away to conquer a new city. With luck I shall have it within like 3 days? Exaggeration but still conquest takes forever on worlds of this speed. I must start small to avoid drawing too much attention to myself as I wouldn't want to wind up in a fight with a player my size. To be safe I should avoid fights with someone even half my size. Once I have sufficiently expanded my reaches, say 20 cities, then I shall make my entrance into the center of the fight. Wouldn't want to be too hasty.

--Balloon Toucan

DeletedUser46315

Whatever happened to this conquest? Did it prevail and your wordsmiths are too inebriated to send a letter or did they merely sink as they left the bay? I must know.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Toucan's Log Day 22:

I completed my first conquest as it was a safe gamble. However my confidence upon reach city number 2 had grown thus leading me to immediately go for city 3. That too was completed without incident as it was also a safe city to conquer. However my confidence grew once again to levels that made it near impossible to walk through the doorways in my city due to the swelling of my head and ego. So onwards to city 4 I went. However it turns out I need more culture points to take a 4th city which suggest my citizens are still barbarians due to their lack of culture. In an attempt to raise the culture in my cities I have started various book clubs, wine and cheese tastings, and a smooth jazz night. Will post again once the results are in.

--Balloon Toucan

DeletedUser46315

Cheese, wine, Jazz. Very seductive. I must send my men at once.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Toucan's Log Day 30:
Been too busy to write down an entry in recent days. This is of course due to my cities' discovery of muffin making, and by discovery I mean forced creation of. Upon noticing a distinct lack of muffins everywhere in this world I had tasked my workers with the creation of a way to make muffins. I was met with opposition from the members of my city's senate. They used flimsy arguments like "why are you making all our skilled workers craft this muffin thing when they could instead be building walls, ships, and weapons?" or "what strategic value do these "muffins" even have in a war?". The only choice was to remove them from office and fill their seats with more agreeable senators. Now my 4 cities are churning out muffins at an incredibly high clip. Surely the dawn of my empire will be coming soon.

--Balloon Toucan

DeletedUser53560

You can use the burnt muffins as bricks and build up your wall with them. Along with chucking them at enemy troops, it'll knock em out so you just have to go around slitting throats. There's your strategic value =D.

DeletedUser46315

He's going to need to rebuild his wall once I am done with him. :pro:

DeletedUser22343

Oh, do you know the muffin man
The muffin man, the muffin man
Oh, do you know the muffin man
That lives on Drury Lane? :eek:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Toucan's Log Day 49:

It has been some time since I last logged an entry. As one might notice I have swapped to a brand new notebook hence the different appearance in journals. The old one was getting a bit worn and I believed it was a good time to make a change. Anyway, a lot has transpired since my last log in which I pondered on the advent of my empire. I was assailed by a group of muffin poachers and while they made off with too many of the baked goods for my liking I managed to defend the bakery itself. Their numerous attacks had led me to believe that the clever disguise oriented naming of my cities has begun to be seen through. People now know there is indeed more than just sheep in my city.

After fending out the daring attacks of the brave muffin pirates I found myself in a new group of locals. These new locals are friendly, funny, and helpful. Additionally they seem to not yet be after my hidden muffin stores which is nice. My empire has expanded to 5 muffin factories though the dissenting voices of my citizens still exist. One high ranking official dared suggest that maybe, just maybe, we could produce cookies or even cake in a city since 5 cities making muffins was a tad unnecessary. He has since been removed from the city. Hopefully more success to follow.

--Balloon Toucan

DeletedUser46315

You defended well..from what I hear..on the streets *shifty eyes*

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
After years and years of playing with incredibly skilled players it has to be assumed that I learned something about how to play properly. I mean not much but definitely something.