Inactive Topic Immortal Hero no more

DeletedUser44167

Proposal
The killing of a hero
and adding a "survival" trait to each hero

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives?
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes/No

Reason
A hero that can not be lost is similar to a city that can not be conquered
Heros are more like Gods currently - immortal
Just getting more and more powerful entire game

Details
- Requires 3 hours to reassigned a hero ,if city comes under conquest or revolt during hero is pinned and cant return to the hero pool even if wounded
- If city is conquered the hero would have to pass a "survival" roll of the dice (say 50%)
- If "survival" roll passes , hero returns to the players hero list as wounded and survival increases by 2% to 52%
- If "survival" roll fails , hero has been killed - can be rehired but at lvl 1
- Player that kills a hero (one with the colony ship) gets a reward in blue/red coins and 300bp per hero lvl

Visual Aids
Funeral pyre would be nice :)

Balance

Abuse Prevention

Summary

Edited:
- The way a hero could become besieged so hero could not be pinned for eternity from far away attacks
- added a reward for player killing a hero

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

that would make them barely anything more than a normal unit, you use them once and you have to completely retrain them

DeletedUser30636

yea this is a no for me. heroes take awhile to save up for. if i got attacked while offline and my level 20 orpheus dies, ill have to spend probably another 800 wisdom coins just to recruit him and level him up.

DeletedUser31385

I agree with you both, Immortality is thing that differentiates them from regular units.

DeletedUser41204

I've spent to much time saving up for heros, I wouldn't like the idea that they could be killed easily and all that effort gone down the drain. Bad idea