Passed Improvement: Aid for "Colour-Blind Players"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5819

Which game was it? Sounds odd.
yeah, which game was that?
which country were they sued in?
It would be quite something if browser games were forced to be equally accessible to blind people...seems to me there would be very few browser games left, and supposing the same were so for deaf people...well, probably there would be no browser games at all.
What about people with limited (or no) manual dexterity...a game equally accessible to them and deaf people and blind people and people in none of those catagories...
mind blowing.

Are you sure about this?

DeletedUser31385

Manual dexterity has to do with movement so I have no idea how they can help that. Deafness isn't a big issue in Grepolis since the music isn't vital. Colour blindness is a big issue though. I have a great great aunt that is colour blind. I feel bad for her not being able to tell green from blue. black, white, and grey works best for colour blind people though. This needs to be implemented so they can have to ability to play to their fullest extent.

DeletedUser5819

figgy, just checking you realize I said "blind" not "colorblind" and that that was because I was responding specifically to this post.

Well I guess I'm a bit naive. Well even if they can't get sued from giving a disabled person a disadvantage in their game, then they should do it because it's the ethical that my to do. I only said that because in a game I used to play, they got sued for not having some thing for blind people. I don't know what it was, but the game got shut down so I was just wondering.

In short I disbelieve the second half of the post, though my mind is still open to checking it out if any checkable information is forthcoming, specifically the game name and ideally more than that.

As for the first half of the post, it is mostly unintelligible, so not too worried about it.

As you know, I am very much in favor of this Idea.

DeletedUser31385

figgy, just checking you realize I said "blind" not "colorblind" and that that was because I was responding specifically to this post.

In short I disbelieve the second half of the post, though my mind is still open to checking it out if any checkable information is forthcoming, specifically the game name and ideally more than that.

As for the first half of the post, it is mostly unintelligible, so not too worried about it.

As you know, I am very much in favor of this Idea.

Sorry. Would be neat to have a computer that could generate braille on the screen so they could use a computer. Sadly, we are a little ways from that.

DeletedUser

Has to be said that it's shocking that this hasn't been implemented yet, especially with the popularity of the game!

Not sure about other players but I'd happily go a while without an update for this to be put together and implemented, would open up the game to a large number of new players and make it considerably easier for some of our oldies too.

DeletedUser31385

Has to be said that it's shocking that this hasn't been implemented yet, especially with the popularity of the game!

Not sure about other players but I'd happily go a while without an update for this to be put together and implemented, would open up the game to a large number of new players and make it considerably easier for some of our oldies too.

We would be able to get this passed if there was a poll for it. They aren't wanting our ideas right now.

DeletedUser44426

With 3.0 approaching, no doubt they have more then they need right now.

DeletedUser31385

Pebble, when can we get this entered into a poll? Basically everyone wants it.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
There are no polls at the moment because ideas haven't been asked for in awhile. So no point in polling. Plus I've already submitted this multiple times and each time it got shot down. Fairly certain I've said it before.

DeletedUser31385

There are no polls at the moment because ideas haven't been asked for in awhile. So no point in polling. Plus I've already submitted this multiple times and each time it got shot down. Fairly certain I've said it before.

This is the reason nobody suggests ideas anymore. Inno doesn't look at them like they did in the past.

DeletedUser43011

So is Inno saying that they're above equality and diversity in this day and age ?

Not saying your at fault Baudin but colour blindness isnt some new age fashion but is factually this:

Colour (color) blindness (colour vision deficiency, or CVD) affects approximately 1 in 12 men (8%) and 1 in 200 women in the world. In Britain this means that there are approximately 2.7 million colour blind people (about 4.5% of the entire population), most of whom are male.

Source

DeletedUser31385

I have to agree with he first paragraph of jamovic1's post in https://forum.en.grepolis.com/showt...provement-Poll&p=981017&viewfull=1#post981017 . This really is something that Inno should just do without it having to pass a vote.

If you remember what Baudin said a while ago..

DeletedUser43011

If you remember what Baudin said a while ago..

And my simple answer is:

So is Inno saying that they're above equality and diversity in this day and age ?

Not saying your at fault Baudin but colour blindness isnt some new age fashion but is factually this:

Colour (color) blindness (colour vision deficiency, or CVD) affects approximately 1 in 12 men (8%) and 1 in 200 women in the world. In Britain this means that there are approximately 2.7 million colour blind people (about 4.5% of the entire population), most of whom are male.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.