Proposal Improvement: Alliance Forum/Rankings Tabs

DeletedUser47417

Proposal: My proposition pertains to an outstanding issue that I've had personally towards what I feel is a flaw in the UI, the arrow tabs. My idea is to completely remove the arrow functionality of the ranking menu/alliance forums tabs, and to implement a side panel attached to the window you are viewing with all of the available to view tabs ready to click within a small stroke of the mouse!

Reason: Personally I feel the UI was developed rather well when it first got revamped so many years ago. Unfortunately I've had some serious frustrations with one main function of this UI, those damn arrows. I'm not sure about you guys, but I browse the rankings probably more than any other of my in game panels; However I find extreme frustration in having to click the arrows at the top of the menu over and over just to get to the "Attackers (Alliances)" tab, then again to get to another tab! That's when I came up with an idea to fix this issue.

Details: So you click the rankings tab to view how well your alliance is doing in terms of score. Nice! You guys are placed #1 on the leaderboards, good job! But how are you doing in Attack points you wonder...Click. Click. Click. Click... I think you get my point. Picture your ranking menu as below, imagine the upper tabs never existed-Where would they be? Easily accessible, that's where! Why have to dread going to another tab, something that should be easier than opening the panel itself! Just move your mouse to the side panel on the left of your menu, and click the tab you want to view. That simple.

Visual Aids:
ueo9vy1.png

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Fortunately due to it being a UI change, I really don't see any opportunity for in game balance changing, or abusing. However I know I may be wrong on most things in general, as I've know idea how it would effect the technical side of this idea.

Personal Opinion: I've come to love this game, and i'd love to see some improvements to the ease of access for the game. Unfortunately I don't play on mobile much, so i'm unable to provide any kind of idea input for that platform of the game-But in me posting this i'm in hope of finding a small way to improve everyone's experience across the board for our PC players in the community. It's the least I can do for the game I've learned so much from. Thanks for reading, any input on this idea is much appreciated! - Z

DeletedUser54192

Great idea. The incessant clicking to get from one overview to another (and the annoyance of scrolling all the way to the end to check Wonder levels during WW) is something that gets on a fair few people's nerves on at least some level. I like the sidebar for solving it as well.

The only comment I would make is that perhaps the "Rankings" title on the sidebar would be better at the top of the sidebar rather than at the bottom?

DeletedUser

I agree however you should find another way how to implement the adjustment. All the screens have been adjusted (respectively their size has been adjusted to be smaller), so they fit in any screen resolution. I think the screens will be quite large in case of your suggested solution.

DeletedUser55074

Sounds great, we need the devs to hear about that now