Inactive Topic Improvement - Collect Surveys for New worlds to open

DeletedUser21774

Proposal: Have a button, a survey, a place (NOT a misc forum thread), where players can put their NEXT world interest. A Database gathers the information and THAT determines recommended next world settings
Example: Revolt vs Conquest, World Speed, Unit Speed, Hero or not, Morale / No Morale, or no preference at this time. Another Option: place players with game buddies they want to play with if THAT is their priority selector. The survey may be asked periodically throughout a players game, and definitely when an impending world closing is announced.

When a world closes and a player does not see a world with the desired settings, Inno offers to email player when a world DOES open that meets their criteria.

Current state of affairs - Inno decides based on some unknown decision format, left to their own best guidance. They announce, open worlds. As a world closure is announced, players are invited to join other worlds. Those new worlds may or may not meet the players criteria.

Reason for Suggestion: As worlds wind down, a whole lot of players must decide where to jump to.
1. Those that HATE their current game settings will pick something different.
2. Those that LOVE them will want to jump to something very similar.

In my particular game, there is NO game with similar settings coming up. A certain number of my alliance members will be sitting in skype when oropus is over in 24 hours just waiting for the next type of game. This would not have been an issue had the game organizers known several months ago that this was coming. If a player clicks on World Speed 1 / Unit Speed -any, conquest, morale - any, Immo could send the player an email when a world meeting their requirements comes up.

Benefits: To whomever decides what worlds to open - they are opening worlds that are likely to get repeat players. To players, to keep them playing. To Inno - what games are trending.

Abuse - no

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21774

World settings suggestions are a DNS I think.

You may be correct. I had thought mostly in terms of the tool - not begging Inno to comply with a desired setting or anything. I'm a data collector by nature. These are just the kinds of tools I'd want in my product.

I searched for DNS lists, and followed 3 links. Did not see this on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

This list serves to name all ideas that players should not suggest. Ideas may appear on this list for various reasons:
Too expensive to implement.
The idea may require too great of a code change for too little gain.
Idea requires too much of a game change for little gain.
Idea may be prioritized so far down the ladder that it just won't make the cut.
Already voted on and passed onto the devs.
Already voted on and failed.
Idea may require too many resources to prevent cheating and to solve balance.
Already being worked on by the devs.
The idea may conflict with future changes and be discarded.
New World(s)/Settings, God(s), and or Spells.

It is the community manager's decision anyways. He or she may have players vote for certain settings.

DeletedUser21774

figtree2, absolutely. For inno, its more of an internal marketing tool to keep repeat business. For the players, its a way to come back to the game without having to repeatedly look on the forum. After a world is closed, anyone not scooped up into a new world is not likely to check there anyway.

DeletedUser18132

I think they did this for a few worlds already (the survey was on the forums), but I like the idea anyhow.

DeletedUser44785

I don't think this is suggesting world settings. It is a reasonable improvement. Great idea don't listen to some of these trolls.

DeletedUser31385

Btw this would take away some of a COMA's power as it is he or she who decides the world settings. Maybe send out a poll to see what the players want, but it ultimately the COMA's decision still.

DeletedUser27128

It has worked before however... if you get enough people supporting you.. Rhammus settings were based on public demand.

DeletedUser21774

I was thinking more like a box pop-up. It is always the game owners decision. And no vote results are moderated or posted, and no forum drama. The data might just populate tables for new world preferences, and a list of emails to match to new worlds coming up that are perfect or near-perfect matches. If anything it would involves LESS moderation on Inno's part.