Inactive Topic [Improvement] Make the world map smaller

DeletedUser27128

Proposal: Make the world map smaller (i.e. less number of oceans)

Reason: People generally favour to play on more active worlds, as soon as a new one comes out, the old ones lose a large chunk of players. By the time the endgame gets closer, it gets extremely boring. Implementing this idea would increase competition on a server, and make the endgame more interesting, since there won't be only one or two alliances who'd stand a chance of winning.

Details: Have a 3x3 oceans map which only consists of the core oceans plus some of the inner rim oceans (43, 44, 45, 53, 54, 55, 63, 64, 65)

Visual Aids: I have none because A) I'm too lazy and B) It doesn't need any visual aids imo, just reduce the size of the map. But anyway > http://imgur.com/a/vLN7g

vLN7g

Balance/Abuse Prevention: I don't see any abuse. With the rate at which new servers are released, older ones get dull very soon, and I believe this idea will add more activity and interest into servers, as well as lower the amount of simming alliances can do, forcing them to fight one another.

Edit: I did check to see if someone had submitted this idea before, didn't come across anything. But I wasn't really looking carefully, so might have missed it. Apologies if this idea has been submitted before.

Edit 2: I'm a little skeptical about the 3x3 oceans setup, it might get a little too congested, I think. Do you guys think a 4x4 setup would be better, just to give people a little breathing room?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser52116

nice idea but what will happen with the players in rim oceans and their cities ?

DeletedUser52116

@Bond 007 yeah but still during first month of worlds there will be players and alliances in oceans like 75 or 47 etc so what will happen to them ?

DeletedUser

@Bond 007 yeah but still during first month of worlds there will be players and alliances in oceans like 75 or 47 etc so what will happen to them ?
Nowadays, do you even find cities in those oceans?
Even the oceans next to core oceans are still left with so many slots to fill in Lato which is one month old by the way.

DeletedUser31385

Kind of what I suggested here. I do say to shrink the world, but not to these extents for every world.

DeletedUser27128

Kind of what I suggested here. I do say to shrink the world, but not to these extents for every world.
It sort of is. But imo, making the world spherical wouldn't solve the issue of the shrinking number of players, as it only units the opposite ends of the world so that it's easier to access.

Reducing the size of the map to a small number of oceans would demand increased activity, as well as add more competitiveness to the server, as more players are forced to play within the same amount of space.

I'd even go as far as to say that it might even make WW interesting, since alliances cannot hide their wonders in rim oceans (since there will be none) and therefore would have to actually FIGHT for them.

DeletedUser31385

It sort of is. But imo, making the world spherical wouldn't solve the issue of the shrinking number of players, as it only units the opposite ends of the world so that it's easier to access.

Reducing the size of the map to a small number of oceans would demand increased activity, as well as add more competitiveness to the server, as more players are forced to play within the same amount of space.

I'd even go as far as to say that it might even make WW interesting, since alliances cannot hide their wonders in rim oceans (since there will be none) and therefore would have to actually FIGHT for them.

I actually did mention making the world smaller, but not to this extent for every world.

DeletedUser22708

I've always been in favor of smaller maps. The simmers on the rim won't have a safe place to hide. No more sending attacks at me from 25h away while hiding in ocean 80 or something. Good idea bond