Inactive Topic Improving World Wonders: mythical fighting challenges

DeletedUser

Yeah. Just wanted to check if, with all details and game balances, it looked reasonably feasible. It does. But only devs can tell the code change needed, we don't know how the program is set.
I'd be glad if ideas of this thread could be an inspiration for the WW rebalancing mentioned earlier.
My concern is, if it's just the current system with a few quests, it may not be efficient. When players are told about the WW, and see it's about giving ressources and uninteristing, most of them get silent in alliance forum and hope to be forgotten in the mass.
I don't remember anyone posting he liked the sending-ressources system ;)

DeletedUser27700

Moved to developments. Excellent discussion here, keep it going!

DeletedUser

Just saying for all those who are worrying about the code change... Please don't. Let the devs worry about the code change. Our job is to just develop the idea and say if we like it. I do like this idea very much since sending resources takes too much time and it's boring. Fighting stuff is what Grepolis is about. It's not about building but fighting (hence the game sim city). If u guys wanna end a world by building just go and play sim city. +rep to u.

DeletedUser

This is brilliant! Well done and well thought out. It could be a world setting, similar to conquest vs revolt. I still like the world wonders system, but the amount of resources you have to send is enormous. Maybe cut this in half and then people will really try doing it rather than ignoring it and keep fighting other cities. I very much hope Innogames considers implementing this or something very similar.

DeletedUser38224

World setting are DNS, So I doubt the OP will go that route.

DeletedUser31385

I liked the idea of having extra challenges and will support this.

DeletedUser

Bump. Any news about an endgame revamp?

I'm not sure why this should be DNS. It's not world settings, rather a different way for WW levels.

Details can certainly be improved, but I do think the core idea (fighting challenges instead of sending ressources) would be better than what we have.

DeletedUser31385

A pebble added Endgame suggestions as a DNS last year due to how many were being suggested. However, I have decided to let anything that is already marked as a development/improvement continue as normal. I will be moving endgame suggestion ideas to the wish list soon.

DeletedUser49849

As endgame ideas go this is a pretty good one. I've played the game a long time and rarely post in the externals, but the current WW endgame has created a lack of enthusiasm in current players, and discourages new players to the game. This is due to the strict demands required to implement the build strategies of large alliances to both meet the point requirements and grow the most dedicated players at the expense of newer, less experienced players.

Don't know why this has taken over 2 years and still being discussed, seems to be suffering from paralysis by analysis.