Inactive Topic Improving World Wonders: mythical fighting challenges

DeletedUser31385

I suggest using the giants as the monsters though, If they arent defeated in time then Gaia raises and tries to destroy the world.

DeletedUser

Great job qubitsized!! +rep for you :)
BTW, the 4 Titans you selected could represent respectively fire, air, earth and water, the 4 elements of Ancient Greek theory about nature.

I have some concerns with only-attack against Titans.
Alliances located in the core of the world would be disadvantaged to build enough nukes, as naturally more exposed. So alliances may run away from the core. This would lessen the territory competition at the start of the world and after. Probably domageable, also because the competition at the start is probably one of the most profitable time for Inno (people burn gold to get their first CS etc).
Being able to make a good collective defensive wall quick is no doubt a fighting quality. It deserves to be taken for a "best fighter" trophy.
The win could be decided in a dice roll, it's about who sends the last winning attack. Big alliances may agree to use ressources instead of fighting, because it's where they have an advantage, and let the small alliances try the fighting.
What happens if the winning attack is made by a player without alliance, or by an alliance without WW islands?
Where are the monsters located if they're common to all players? That's an important question for travel time management, team coordination, getting farm spaces cleared faster to rebuild the nuke. Maybe locating 1 of them in each of 4 core oceans would solve the disadvantage for alliances there: their attacks would land quicker, so they have better chances to time the winning one. Hard to tell if it balances things right.

So, I'd have many questions about strategic and geographical balance, the luck part, and not rewarding all fighting qualities if this decided the WW race. Also, maybe players would like to get rid of the uninteristing sending-ressources part entirely.

I'd rather stick on to my idea regarding the WW race. But, I think the Gaia idea could make a very good basis for an intermediate game during WW race...
Like, 4 Titans, 1 for each element (a sample try, Tethys for water, Theia for air, Helios for fire, Atlas for earth), they also represent the 4 kinds of attack (range, sharp, blunt, naval). Each have 1 basis in each ocean to give a chance to everybody. When you appease it with favor, you do it on the basis in your core ocean, and Titan life points get bigger in all oceans except this one. The alliance (or lone player) defeating a Titan gets a choice between several big awards, some of them helping for a WW (some free levels for example). Attacking Titans gives ABP anyway, the formula for fighting not taking mass effect into account. If no Titan is defeated, then Gaia rises, she's stronger than 4 Titans together, and WW raising is blocked until she's beaten.
This intermediate game could start for example once an alliance has completed 2 WW, giving some alliances hopes to catch back in the race. Also, if an alliance is just waiting for its spy to leave another alliance to break their WW, it could help turn this kind of strategy (part of the game but so unpleasant) into failure.

DeletedUser31385

Gaia is so powerful that she could murder a god without even trying. My suggestion is that 48 hours before she rises all the gods are incapacitated and favor production is 0 due to the gods Greek and Roman sides fighting each other.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I suggest using the giants as the monsters though, If they arent defeated in time then Gaia raises and tries to destroy the world.

Would you be OK with putting Raise of Gaia's idea as an intermediate game during WW like in my last post?
If Gaia destroys the world, I'm afraid some would wonder what happens and make support tickets... Also, it would be more and more difficult to catch back as she destroys things and the world could end prematurily. And if there is some world destruction, it has to be described precisely how for the dev.

BTW, +rep :)

DeletedUser44426

This Idea would be way too expensive for Inno to implement........to put in Gaia would mean to change grepolis entirely to add new gods, new units and other things. The idea itself is good, but I am going to have to say no to it.

DeletedUser

I know it looks complicated as I expanded on details, but it's not so expensive if you look at it closely.
The monsters, Gaia or the Titans do not have the features of a new god or even a new unit. They're kind of counters with pictures that can bring BP and battle reports.
It could also avoid many active players to leave Grepo because they're bored of current WW system, put new motivations to use gold, and help in recruiting new players. Cash for Inno too.

DeletedUser

The only new gold feature was the possibility to see incoming on Titans, which are not yet in the original idea.
If you want an endgame without gold, then the current one is perfect: you can be amongst the best WW builders without using a single premium. If you put more action into it, then the already existing gold features will count more, unavoidably.
At some point, between the current system that many people hate, a cool dev which costs some money, and no gold, a choice have to be made.
Apart from this, what's your view on the idea?

DeletedUser15581

quib's visuals are awesome.

But, I don't like that idea. 1 set of titans to kill per alliance is better, opportunities to steal the kill won't make sense. Also, using defence against the titans is also a nice idea, by stacking a city with say a 100k archers, and then making a titan with sharp attack to hit your city. Pretty much keeping the way we have things right now, just that instead of resources, a lot of units (fighting) does the trick.

appeasing enemy titans with favour/resources could be fun, yeah. but i like the original idea more than quib's

DeletedUser

OK. Until further notice I won't add Rise of Gaia's idea to the original one, to not make it too heavy in dev. Though I keep in mind the idea of the intermediate game to enliven WW race a bit more.
Yeah, his pictures are better than what I could imagine and I could see them ingame.

Taking into account earlier remarks I came to the following:
(me) said:
1) God rewards replacing WW levels, rewards orientated towards res production, storage capacity, market place or phoenician merchant capacities, favor production, less ressources to produce some units, this kind of things.
2) Number of challenges getting smaller than 70. If you complete a sequence of rewards you get a complete WW. During and after this process we keep the island control requirements. We could even imagine some "critical" challenges that would count for several WW sequences, or that only 1 alliance can hold, to make several alliances fight for it and spicen the whole...
3) Players outside of the alliance can put counterplay by supporting creatures the right way, or by giving favor to help it recover.
Do you think I should edit the original idea with something along these lines?

DeletedUser25660

Good discussion guys, here is my reply.

I -
So, I'd have many questions about strategic and geographical balance, the luck part, and not rewarding all fighting qualities if this decided the WW race. Also, maybe players would like to get rid of the uninteristing sending-ressources part entirely.

Strategic & geographical balance: After the world has existed for 6 months, 'these' will appear at semi-random locations, see below. Clicking on them will open the overview window but without the titans yet, just empty slots saying 'coming soon'. Players will have lots of time to prepare, and will have an element of surprise.

209ki9w.jpg

2928idl.jpg

Luck part: Luck and randomness are universal equalizers mate, they balance things, this game already utilizes luck on battles. Your location at the start is semi-random as well.

Rewards+WW: Gradual transition. We cannot just simply ditch a system that has been around for quite some time (however unpopular it maybe). Rewards will still come from the WW.

Players w/o alliance: On WW era, what happens to players w/o alliance?
Defending Part: Ok, I agree we should retain it, but please further simplify the mechanics :D.

II -
...1 set of titans to kill per alliance is better, opportunities to steal the kill won't make sense. ...

Alliance A has 1000 cities, Alliance B has 500 cities. They each have one set of titans to kill, who do you think would win? Alliance A will simply use half their force to protect the other titan (if defending the enemy's titan is allowed). If defending the enemy's titan is not allowed, then Alliance A will finish his set of titan quicker by using all his force.

A common set of titan gives better balance, makes the titans unique and allows interaction amongst players, rather than 'each to his own'.

III - Titans are not limited to 4. It's just a mock-up. The gold is small motivation for the devs ;). I think we all agree on using favors to regenerate the titans, aye?

Aanira, if you concur with me, you may use the visuals by simply hitting "reply with quote" on my posts, and copy-pasting the web links there. If you need revision history, just put them inside "[spoliers=versionX] [/spoiler]".

DeletedUser

Once again very nice visuals qubitsized. You professional? :)

Luck part: sure luck is everywhere in life, but players would have concerns with it taking a big part when they've spent over a year expanding their empire and following their strategy (or trying to). There's a luck factor when an attack lands, but there are so many attacks to decide into the decisive war that it gets statistically equal.

Strategic & geographical balance: if you know where they'll be after 6 months it's better. Still, you don't know which Titan will be there, so which kind of units will be needed; and after 6 months, many things have occured, often the dynamics of the world are mostly set. I could only be OK with it if it was shown from day 1 where it will be and which Titan will rise there.

Players w/o alliance (or alliances w/o WW): well, they won't get the WW awards, but what happens if they manage to do the final little part? The WW reward goes rubbish. Suppose an alliance has done most of the job, and see the WW reward closely going under their nose. It means they'll have to spend huge amounts of ressources to make the WW the other way, because of that damned final part. They'll probably see it as unfair. Yeah, life is unfair sometimes too. But a game shouldn't be.

Alliance size factor: I mentioned Chi in an earlier post, here the 4th alliance was far less than half the size of the 1st one, still they killed the competition for the 4 WW, because they were competent, selective, involved, and had followed a coherent strategy from day 1. Later, another alliance won the 7 WW, it wasn't the top one, only became at the very end by letting friends coming in. It's not only size, it's how many players you have working on it. The alliance with the most players working on it should win; but, IMO if they are so it's to be put to the credit of their leaders, so quite fair.

Defensive challenges: in your system, it couldn't go exactly the way I proposed, who gets the reward if the Titan is beaten by joint support from several alliances... But if the Titan is called for attack on another city, it works: alliance A calls the Titan for attack on one of its cities (not possible to select others), alliance B can do the same simultaneously, the alliance owning the city where the Titan is beaten first wins it. And I'll simplify a bit the 72-hours-then-48-then-24-3-times thing anyway.

So, 2 tracks: replacing the sending-ressources part by beating the creatures, each alliance its own ones; getting rewards from beating Titans shared by all players.
I tend to go with the 1st one, to not let too big a part for luck, and to keep dev cost reasonable, it's something I've gotta think about at this point to give it better chances to become reality :eek: Still open for discussion of course.

I'm planning to edit the original idea: 8 levels per WW instead of 10, so each WW makes you beat each monster once, but not in the same order so not with the same size, up to alliance leaders to choose the WW where they'll be the most efficient for the last levels; ressources to build the WW are replaced by rewards you get each time you beat a level, which are also the path to get a complete WW; possibility to appease other alliances' monsters with favors, not sure yet about supporting it; simplify a bit the process fo defensive challenges.

PS: thanks for the tip, didn't know how to name those spoilers...

DeletedUser15581

@quibit
not necessary that the largest alliance will win, the alliance that has too many players who actively fight (the purpose of the game) will win. as in original idea... you just need to attack a few titans and defend against a few, with the right forces. Large alliances may consist of many players who would just sim around, not develop and use proper nukes as actively as a smaller alliance may do it.

DeletedUser25660

@ Aanira

Ok, I agree with you on some points:

• Sending Resources can be replaced completely with battling myths.
  • Defeating myths will be rewarded with buffs/resources shared by alliance members.
  • To simplify defending and as counter-play, myths can be regenerated using favor
Regarding luck and strategy on [post=844611]post 19[/post], I should clarify that; when you use gold to "reveal", you will only know the number of incoming attacks and their times, but will not know what type of attacks. (You have to use Athena's Wisdom).

So if a player sees 500 attacks, half of them could be fakes. So yes, there's luck and strategy involve here: players can use their favors to regenerate the titans, or use the spells to view what type of attacks are coming, perhaps cast Zeus Rage or Poseidon's Seastorm.

I have some questions should you proceed with each alliance has their own titan:
  • Are the titans in a physical location in the world (similar to my last post)? How can they be attacked?
  • Will the titans only appear on WW islands?
  • Are the titans powers equal for all alliances? I'm thinking if Alliance C is created 6 months after the world has existed.
  • You said '8 levels per WW' you mean 56 monsters?

@czar

Yes, I agree it is not always that the biggest alliance wins. But Aanira only gave one example, We need more stats here, but I bet that a bigger alliance have better chances of winning, my guesstimate... for every 10 servers, 8 have been won by the biggest alliance. (Correct me if I'm wrong/ any old mods here? :p)

DeletedUser

Original post edited (will complete it soon with the new array for WW level and the visual aids): each WW has 8 fighting challenges, meeting each monster once, but in a specific order, so each WW is orientated towards a certain kind of units for the last and biggest levels.
Alliances no longer start construction of the levels when ressources are complete: they just take challenges one after the other, when a challenge is won all alliance members receive a reward (orientated towards ressources to avoid disbalance), when all challenges are done for a WW the alliance receives directly the complete WW on its island.
Players outside the alliance can, either help, or play against it, with 1 exception: the monsters to be attacked can't be supported (soldiers wouldn't wait and sit just next to the behemoth, they'd be destroyed), they can be appeased with favors to regain power instead. For further discussion.

@ qubitsized
All alliances face the same levels with the creatures.
It all takes place on the WW island (it can be exactly at the WW spot by simplification).
Yes, in last version, there are 56 challenges for 8 creatures at different levels. Eventually, you can face the same one simultaneously at different levels through different WW.
The Raise of the Titans, IMO, is a very interisting idea, just lets too big a part for luck to decide the world on this. But it could happen as a mini-game during WW race, for example. I just haven't taken it yet to avoid the idea becoming too heavy in dev.

DeletedUser35431

Proposal:
Make WW achieved by beating mythical creatures instead of sending ressources.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Checked above 1000 threads (nearly 2 years of posting); several ideas around the endgame but not this one.

Reason:
The current WW process is largely unpopular. The fun in game goes with fighting for cities and territory, then it turns about clicking repetitively to send ressources to some island... Players don't recognize their game anymore.
From what I've seen: 1) In effect players leave quicker at this stage, especially amongst the active ones; 2) In alliances building WW, how many really send ressources? My guess is rarely over 10% (otherwise building would be much, much quicker). Such lack of interest in what will tell if they win or not, shows the current system is not best.

Looking for alternative solutions, I came to this one somewhat by elimination. Some recurrent proposals:
- Making WW done with ABP, overall BP, looting, or anything players win from fighting each other: runs into possibilities of under-table, against-spirit agreements between players, alliances, an alliance and its academy formed for this purpose, etc. We can't underestimate this when players have spent over a year on the game, and there's no sure way to distinguish real fighting from fake one.
- Awarding the win according to territory control objectives: alliances would rather colonize remote oceans and run away from the core. The game before WW would be even more boring than the current WW system; and if you make it only about core oceans, too many alliances would be out of it.
- Turning the endgame into destruction time, players wouldn't conquer but destroy cities, the last one standing wins. Quite likely, some simmer colonizing far away would win, not what we're looking for. I think this issue goes with any destructive end.

OTOH, there are also some good aspects in current WW, I'd like to keep them:
- It gives a goal and a way to win, in fact many players need it. A trial has been made to build a competitive world only about fighting, no WW: Hero World. It turned out rather unsuccessful.
- The win tends to go for the alliance who has shown the biggest will for it, that's certainly fine.
- The need to control and protect entirely some islands, makes the need to control territory that enlivens all the game before; and the need to send ressources, a strong incentive towards the center of the world, with all the competition at the start etc.
So I came to this, keeping the WW but with levels achieved by fighting, alliance vs. machine to avoid cheating agreements. To give it a cool look and better fantasy, players fight mythical creatures.

Details:
WW are achieved by beating different mythical creatures. Those creatures represent the different kinds of fighting, attacking, defending, with the 3 kinds of weaponry + naval, makes 8 of them (can be more if dev cost is worth it...).
I looked into several historic sources and selected 8 ones:
NameBrief descriptionWay to fight them
I. ENCELADUSA giant, son of Gaia. Breathes fire like a volcano.Range attack
II. BIRDS OF ARESSend arrows/darts. Guarded the Amazonian shrine of this god.Range defense
III. NEADESGigantic animals from the island of Samos. Their roar could split the ground.Sharp attack
IV. CHIMERAThree-headed creature, mix of lion, snake and goat.Sharp defense
V. KERESDeath demons with with dark wings, clawed hangs and gnashing teeth. Haunting the battlefields to feed on the blood of wounded soldiers.Blunt attack
VI. STYMPHALIAN BIRDSMan-eating birds with beaks of bronze and sharp metallic feathers.Blunt defense
VII. CHARYBDISA sea monster creating deadly whirlpools by breathing.Naval attack
VIII. TROJAN DRAGONS2 monstrous sea serpents sent to destroy a Trojan priest during the siege.Naval defense
Checked with different sources; descriptions vary quite often though.
The boring sending-ressources part is replaced by a path of fighting challenges for each WW.
Each path consists in beating each creature once, but in a definite order. The levels stay progressive as they are now. So each WW is orientated towards certain kinds of units for the last and biggest levels. The challenges take place (proposal) at the WW spot on the WW island for the ground ones, and the nearest place on coast for the naval ones. In the lower part of the WW window, instead of ressource info, you have besides challenge info buttons to attack, support, or appease (see below).

The players win BP by fighting the creatures; a key point I think, with the current system sending ressources is not directly rewarded and in practice most players prefer to sim on their own, letting others lead them to victory. Here players help their expansion as well. It also lets a way for leaders to check who's really participating. ATM, when a players says he's sent 1 million ressources to a WW, you only have his word. Those 2 points should make less MM like "Please send res to this WW", with eventual threats to kick out those who don't participate etc, which globally underlines the tedious aspect of the current system (a bit discouraging for leaders).

Attacking challenges: the defensive power of creatures is brought down piece by piece. The formula for fight result is the current one but without the mass effect (otherwise the first attackers would be too disadvantaged). Without morale too. It's won when 1 of his 3 defensive bars (or just 1 with naval fight) is brought to 0. Given that (proposal) 1 bar is originally only half the 2 others, you can attack something else than his weak point but it will rarely be worth it. Creatures have regeneration capacities. This is to valuate another aspect of good play: timing, as well as team coordination. The monster will recover 30% of the damage of an attack if it's not hit from another city in 5 minutes (without change to the ABP from the 1st attack); then another 20% unless hit in the next hour. So it should be a lot of attacks of different sizes, the biggest ones being followed closely by others, with the players ensuring timing themselves or posting landing time of big nukes in alliance forum.

Defensive challenges: when leader clicks "Provoke attack" in the window of this WW, the attack starts and lands in a delay depending on the level: 24 hours for levels 1&2, then 8 hours per level (makes 72 hours for the biggest); if it beats the defensive wall set by the alliance, the creature comes back with its remaining attacking power in the same delay, then eventually a 3rd time. If it's not beaten after those 3 trials, the challenge is reset, the creature gets back its full power and the leader has to provoke attack again etc. A detail: fire ships can participate naval defense, their defensive value being the offensive value of 1 LS. The formula for battle result is the normal one, without morale but with the mass effect, so it's not worth facing a big healthy monster with small def. So it should be the leader warning his team which kinds of specialized units they have to build and send, then judging when it's OK to provoke attack. Like in usual game, if team lacks response or if battle is engaged before team is ready, they won't come out best.

Gods and mythical units: the WW era would go with the favor cap being raised at (proposal) 2000. The current cap of 500 is ridiculously low when you have a big account. By raising it, myths can take part in the fight and rebuilding in general is helped. Myths from different gods can participate defense together: under exceptional circumstances, as gods want the end of the creatures mess, they allow these units to cohabit.

Attack and support:
This can all be done with buttons in the WW window.
For alliance members: during a defensive challenge only support is possible, and only attack during an offensive challenge. For naval challenges, only navy can be sent. For ground challenge, no navy can be sent except transports (players get an explicit error message if they try to). If a support starts when there's a defensive challenge going on and lands when there's no longer an adequate challenge, it just comes back home with no fight; same principle for attacks. This avoids many potential concerns between teammates.
For the other players: they can either help the alliance or slow it down. Same condition, only navy for naval challenges, no navy for the others. To help this alliance (it does happen ingame), support can be sent during def challenges, and attacks during attacking ones, with same formulas for battle result and BP as for the alliance members. To slow down the alliance: support for def challenges can be attacked (usual formulas for battle result, but without morale); for offensive challenges, creatures can't be supported (they won't wait and sit next to the behemoth for obvious reasons), but they can be appeased by giving favors to help them recover their full power.

When a creature is beaten, all members receive a report, with a reward available in it. The rewards are more about ressources, to balance with BP: ressources gifts, res production bonus for some time, biggest warehouse capacity, bigger market place capacity, better ratio/amount with the Phoenician Merchant... The bigger the challenge, the bigger the reward.
When all challenges are completed for a WW, alliance receives directly the complete WW on its island.

The need to control the island, in order to start and expand a WW, stays same as now (with the changes that could happen in the meantime).
If alliance loses control of the WW island, the current challenge is reset, and can only be started again when island control is gained back. If the WW was complete, alliance comes back to the start of last level, like now.
Same thing for the 4 and 7 WW awards.

The amount of BP needed per level: can be discussed. The current amounts of ressources could be converted in the number of specialized classical units that can be made from them, then the resulting firepower. But it's also linked to other ideas like this one: Making all World Wonder island cities always attackable. If a WW is easier to break, it could be easier to build. Up to players' wishes.

The repartition of challenges in WW levels:
coming soon
Level12345678910
PyramidsIVIIIIIVVIVIIVIIIIIVIII
GardensVIIIIVIVIIIIVIVIIIVIIII
Zeus statueVIVVIIIIIVIIIIIVIIVIV
Artemis templeVIIIIIVIIIIVIVIIIVVII
MausoleumIIIVIIIVVIIIIVVIIIIIIVI
ColossusIIVIIIVIIIVIIIIVIVIIVII
LighthouseVIIIVVIIIIIVIIIIVIVIIIV
Roman numbers matching with creatures in the preceding array. Always alterning attack and defense. Each wonder does them all, plus 2 creatures twice. But we could also think about having less than 10 levels per wonder.

Visual Aids:
Sorry, I'm no graphist. The WW window could be like this for example:
Upper part as it is now with global info about this WW
For attack challenges: the 3 (or 1) bars showing the number of "life points" remaining.
For defensive ones: current support in there, under it the bar with creature's remaining attacking power, and under it the time remaining until next hit (with seconds).
The monster and its cool picture

Balance:
This would favor the biggest firepower, with abilities in both attack and defense. In practice it should be much about rebuilding and coordination.
Many farm spaces will be needed for the last levels, alliances can't just sim, send, and recruit def everywhere. Other alliances can attack while defense is away, or nukes in building. Globally, it should help WW ops, which can give great moments ingame :)
Much specialized rebuilding would be needed, so ressource disbalances would come up and market place would become part of the race as well. Alliances could look for the right WW priorities to synchronize with other needs in ressources.
The big amounts of BP available through these challenges could have impacts on BP rankings without war between players. But this tendancy is already there through island quests. If players judge it could change these rankings too much, CP could be given directly instead of BP.
I must say, with the needs for quick rebuilding and possibles calls to the Phoenician Merchant, this would favor more gold users than the current system. But gold is already everywhere, except to send ressources more often, the system we have now...

Abuse Prevention:
I don't see anything more needed ATM.

Summary:
Changing the current WW sending-ressources-system to firepower challenges.
I tried to think all the details; in practice it would get a simpler look, with 1 challenge after another and possible prospectives.
This should enliven the endgame in many ways. Fighting mythical monsters should be anything but dull ;)

I honestly do not like it. There is a lot of code change,
Do Not Suggest List
Link to Do No Suggest List

This list serves to name all ideas that players should not suggest. Ideas may appear on this list for various reasons:
Too expensive to implement.
The idea may require too great of a code change for too little gain.
Idea requires too much of a game change for little gain.
Idea may be prioritized so far down the ladder that it just won't make the cut.
Already voted on and passed onto the devs.
Already voted on and failed.
Idea may require too many resources to prevent cheating and to solve balance.
Already being worked on by the devs.
The idea may conflict with future changes and be discarded.
New World(s)/Settings, God(s), and or Spells.

If an idea is suggested and appears on this list, the thread will automatically be closed and moved to Archives.
and world wonders are like GIANT buildings. You use resources. And that is not very realistic either. So sorry.

DeletedUser29066

Not sure about the feasibility but + rep anyway. It would certainly add interest.

DeletedUser

Thanks Hassan.

I honestly do not like it. There is a lot of code change,

and world wonders are like GIANT buildings. You use resources. And that is not very realistic either. So sorry.

Wow, I thought I could make you and dazzler agree on something :eek:

OK, it's your right to not like it.
From the posts so far, and also the +rep without post, idea is widely appreciated.
For the code change: it looks heavy as I wrote many details (maybe too many), but looking at it closely, really it's not so much.
I'd say it's as realistic as a god casting you a chariot or manticores coming at night to kill your troops ;)
Those monsters do come from Greek mythology, from stories that were told at that time, and I'm sure some people then believed they existed.
Sending ressources looks more natural, but I don't know if you've experienced taking part in it with the current system, it gets so repetitive if you drive it to the end, and you often hear players complain it's boring and eventually leave the game, and leaders trying to motivate people... It does look like a race against boredom.

Original post edited with the new array for WW levels and visual aids from qubitsized.

At this point I'd like to try an inventory of the dev work involved:
- The lower part of the WW window, currently ressources info, is replaced by challenge info, with picture of the creature, info about its remaining power, remaining time until next attack lands for defensive challenges, and buttons. For members of this alliance, 1 button (Attack or Support). For the other players, 2 buttons, amongst Attack/Support/Appease.
- The Attack or Support window open the classical tab, quite like an alliance quest. There are controls, with an error message if needed, when the player tries to send something not fitting the current challenge. The Appease window is a rather simple one where you can give favors and see its effects on the creature's power.
- Creatures are not really units, they're more like counters with a picture. They give BP and battle reports though.
- Battle result with the creature is determined with a slightly different formula, without morale, and without the mass effect for the attacking challenges. This shouldn't be a big deal, it just makes the usual formula a bit shorter.
- Regeneration part: up to devs of course, there are several ways to do it, but with my little knowledge I'd imagine something like a table with attacks from the last hour, damage for creature and their precise landing time, and a batch every 5 minutes cleaning the table and eventually giving back power to the creature.
- When a level is complete, all alliance members receive, for example, a report with an "Accept reward" button like for an island quest. When last level is complete, alliance gets the complete WW as it is now.
- Favor cap is raised at 2000 when WW era has begun.
The rest uses the existing system.
To try a guess, the dev work for it could be comparable with the island quests.

DeletedUser15581

code change will happen when world wonders are revamped. the developers are thinking about a change in end game system and this suggestion might help them decide on the changes. i guess this shouldn't die down.

the basic premise of the idea.... huge creatures to defeat instead of huge buildings to be built is the way to end a war game with fighting instead of resources. just like we attack island quest villages (okay, these titans should be allowed to be attacked from outside island, just that small change) and like we provoke attack from island quest villages and defend, this can be implemented.

exact details of the idea... we can't instruct the developers about it... they can look into what can be coded. what we need here is that the idea is generally voted and approved and then developers look into what will they do with the suggestion.