Answered In Game Chat

DeletedUser55440

I don't know if this is in the right area but when will the in game chat be open again? It would help if some of us don't have skype or any other form of chat.

DeletedUser54192

I'm not even sure if they intend on bringing the chat back at all, for three reasons:
  • It's an open chat that any player on the world can enter. This makes it useless for alliances, and only good as a "world chat".
  • It was very limited in terms of features. While it allowed quicker conversations than on alliance forums, I can't remember if you could actually have working BB codes in it (one of the only advantages that it could have over external chat platforms such as Skype, Whatsapp and Discord), which means that it is less functional than the forums while having less features and worse aesthetics than the external chat platforms.
  • Where is the money in it for Inno? The chat system needs a full overhaul to make it worth using: either seriously improve the aesthetics and push it as an in-game world chat, or allow the ability to create private rooms and have working BB-codes to give it an advantage over the external platforms. I can't remember whether it showed previous chat history when you opened it up either - it would probably need to at least have some there, even if it is a limited amount. Put that all together, and that's probably going to take a fair bit of time: time that Inno would rather their developers spent on debugging and "improving" (read: making more expensive) all the events that they are cramming in.

DeletedUser55440

And when it was open and I tried to use it it did seam useless as either no one knew about it or everyone was using skype or other external chat.

DeletedUser54192

Ok, yeah I can understand that lol. Thank you
No problem. Happy to help. :)

And when it was open and I tried to use it it did seam useless as either no one knew about it or everyone was using skype or other external chat.
I think pretty much everyone knew about it, but no-one used it because the experienced players/teams used Skype/etc, and the rest probably just saw it was empty and never bothered with it because of that.

DeletedUser

The in-game chat was only for alliance purposes. And as far as I know, it was shut down 'cause some Flash issues or something like that.