Incentive for upgrading villages?

DeletedUser

Can someone please explain the benefit in upgrading farming villages, I'm just not seeing it?

It takes 1200 resource units to upgrade a village to level two. The reward, 6 resource units of each type. It takes 4800 resource units to upgrade a village from two to three. The reward again, 6 units of each resource type even though the upgrade cost is 4 fold higher. It takes 19200 resource units to upgrade a village from level 3 to 4. I suppose the reward is another 6 resource units of each type? The math just doesn't add up.

Sadly the concept the developers came up with for the new farming system was much better than it's implementation.

DeletedUser

If I remember correctly, you should be able to demand more resources now. Have you checked?

DeletedUser

The upgrades will pay for themselves later on and thus create a profit for yourself. The benefits may seem small at first but they'll be a great help later on.

DeletedUser

The reward is 4 of each resource per every 5 minutes. So 12 total resources per 5 minutes... a single active hour would be an additional 144 resources. Over time, this definitely adds up and makes it worth it.

Plus, because your alliance mates on the island can help you, you don't have to shoulder the entire expansion cost yourself - or you shouldn't have to, at least. So the cost isn't actually quite as high.

DeletedUser

Wow, even less incentive than I first thought! I figured that MAYBE an argument could be made for bringing a village up to level three taking advantage of the feature for demanding troops but turns out that too is a hollow argument. Not even factoring in the 40% drop in mood, just the 12 hour time out imposed, there is a potential loss of 18144 resource units for the paltry reward of 4 troops.

Farming penalties are just too high to make upgrading the villages worth the trouble.

DeletedUser65

You have to consider that everyone on the island can add to the expansion of a farming village.

In theory this would make you have a 1/20th share of the expansion cost, but it is more likely closer to 1/10th due to the inactivity of most players.

DeletedUser

Baradacus: you're missing the long term effect. Short term, yes, you lose resources. But over time, it will pay for itself and them some, especially the first couple levels, and even more so since everybody's working together to upgrade.

DeletedUser

The reward is 4 of each resource per every 5 minutes. So 12 total resources per 5 minutes... a single active hour would be an additional 144 resources. Over time, this definitely adds up and makes it worth it.

Plus, because your alliance mates on the island can help you, you don't have to shoulder the entire expansion cost yourself - or you shouldn't have to, at least. So the cost isn't actually quite as high.

Technically, it is 2 per resource. But that is multiplied by speed, 4 on Rho and 6 on Sigma. However, despite the difference seeming insignificant, just think on a Level 4 village, after 200 hauls, you'll get a total of 28800 resources (Sigma, demand) compared to just 18000 with a level 1 farm.