Increasing playerbase

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
@Baudin Toolan @Hydna

With the new gamemodes, artifacts and gods being released the past year or two, what are your plans on getting new players to play the game? I love the updates, but atm the game is dying faster and faster. A server barely fills out the 4 core oceans these days, i can't even imagine how it looks like on other servers than .EN

Does INNO have any plans on advertising for the game? Why do you see a lot of ads for Forge of Empires, Elvenar etc., but i literally havent seen an ad for Grepolis the past 5 years or so.

My question is really, what are the plans for Grepo if you ask Inno? Are we talking Grepolis 2, better advertising, steam release etc.? I think your last 5000 active players deserves an answer

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Information regarding advertising isn't something we have as it's not something we have control over, we being the support team. We don't know about any potential changes to the game relating to increased advertising but the game is still being actively updated and we've got more cool updates coming in future months.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
But could you pass on the message or something like that?

Credit for the good new updates, i think the team is doing good. But if there will be no one to play them, does it really matteR?

maxilex

Phrourach
To my mind, the interface looks as old as the game is. I am sure that is what puts new faces off playing.

Whilst some of the challenge of the game is in dealing with the ancient interface, if it has problems which have to be addressed using add ins, which then slow the browser down to the point of wading through treacle, it just isn't appealing.

Look at the other games available, fast, flashy, eye catching and considerably more user friendly than this.

I dont know how WoW or Call of Duty stack up against this [as other alliance based, cooperative, 24/7 games], but I bet it is a lot slicker. Then city building games are also more elaborate.

So, we have a clunky game, on a dull and super frustrating interface which has us spending a fortune and keeps us up at nights - I have no idea why I play, let alone anyone else :oops:

Reimu Hakurei

Lochagos
To my mind, the interface looks as old as the game is. I am sure that is what puts new faces off playing.

Whilst some of the challenge of the game is in dealing with the ancient interface, if it has problems which have to be addressed using add ins, which then slow the browser down to the point of wading through treacle, it just isn't appealing.

Look at the other games available, fast, flashy, eye catching and considerably more user friendly than this.

I dont know how WoW or Call of Duty stack up against this [as other alliance based, cooperative, 24/7 games], but I bet it is a lot slicker. Then city building games are also more elaborate.

So, we have a clunky game, on a dull and super frustrating interface which has us spending a fortune and keeps us up at nights - I have no idea why I play, let alone anyone else :oops:
I agree with this, the game feels the same like it did back in 2012. 10 Years ago it was ahead of its time but now its basically the same. There were some minor tweaks to the UI over the years but nothing significant. For example you are limited to uploading a 180x240 avatar in 2021 lol.

Seriko Lee

Hoplite
I have an idea that may keep the game alive like if you like 2 or more cities after losing one.
You get like a supply ship that gives away resources for 7 days so you can rebuild.
Even an alliance supply ship that routinely supplies allies is a good start rather than forcing us to use the marketplace.

Reimu Hakurei

Lochagos
I have an idea that may keep the game alive like if you like 2 or more cities after losing one.
You get like a supply ship that gives away resources for 7 days so you can rebuild.
Even an alliance supply ship that routinely supplies allies is a good start rather than forcing us to use the marketplace.
ah yes cant wait to get a supply ship with 5000 resources each arriving in my cities every 7 days

Seriko Lee

Hoplite
ah yes cant wait to get a supply ship with 5000 resources each arriving in my cities every 7 days
I mean if you have like 10,000 cap the ship will give you the cap amount, clash of clans have a similar mechanic but it grows over time when you leave it there.
Besides if am angry, I would search a world to pvp someone on their home turf.
You v.s me

Attachments

Last edited:

nazgulstrike

Peltast
As someone who's not played for 10 years, logging back in to see the same UI as 2011 was surprising, I don't mind it as it's familiar but not sure how first timers feel about, even in 2011 it looked like Runescape. I'd be interested in knowing the average age of players, do these type of games intrigue the youth? I'd imagine it's too slow paced nowadays. Seems it's solely focussed in raking in money for gold, those are the only real additions I've noticed. Doesn't look like its managed to stay relevant, I haven't seen or heard anything about Grepolis in my 10 year absence for example, so I'm not sure how the game is advertised.

Would love to see a new influx of players, the comradery and competitiveness of the worlds is what really made this fun.