Guide Ingame Forum & Message Guide

DeletedUser

This guide has a more indepth description for each BB-Code below.
This Guide also corresponds to the In-Game Messaging, as well as the Forums.
This Guide can be used in your Alliance Forums if you ask me nicely enough :p

BB-Codes

651w0x.jpg

Bold - Using the bold code will make your text go BOLD. To use this BB-Code, simply highlight the text you want bold, and then click on the B on the toolbar. Bold is often used to bring your eyes to important words or key-phrases in a paragraph. It is often used in conjunction with underline and size for titles.

Italic - Using the italic will make your text go italic. To use this BB-Code simply highlight the text you want bold, and then click on the I on the toolbar. This can be used to add small extra bits of information, and to make your text more interesting.

Underline - Using the underline will make your text go underlined. To use this BB-Code simply highlight the text you want underlined, and then click on the U on the toolbar. This can be used to stress the significance of a word, and it can also be used in conjunction with bold and size for titles.

Strikethrough - Using the strikethrough will make your text go struckthrough. To use this BB-Code simply highlight the text you want struckout and then click on the S on the toolbar. This can be used for jokes, and can also be useful for showing the current status of things in a multi-choice peice of text (E'G - Open - Closed)

Centre - Using the centred code will make your text appear in the centre of the post/message, rather than aligned left. This can be useful for titles or simply making you text look a bit different. To use the code you just have to click on the appropriate icon from the code bar and type inbetween the two halves of code that appear.

He Said It! said:
- Using the quote feature allows you to quote what someone else has said. To quote something said in the same thread, you can simply click quote at the bottom-right hand corner of every post. This button will allow you to quote things said elsewhere. This will give you the tags [noparse][/noparse]. You can change the word author to the name of the person who actually said what you are quoting. This can be useful for quoting funny things, or to quote evidence etc.

[noparse]Hyperlink[/noparse] - You can use the hyperlink feature allows you to link to external websites. This can be great to link to Grepostats, Youtube or other such things. It is also possible to make a different word be the actual link; To do so you will need to enter your URL Address and code: [noparse]like this[/noparse]

[player]Player[/player] - Using the player-link feature allows you to link to a player's profile. This can be used when claiming cities, planning ops or just generally making life easier for everyone by linking your text! To use this feature, click on the small helmet at the top, and then type inbetween the BB-Code the name of the person you wish to link to (Must be perfectly spelled) You should get something like this: [player]Jaustralis[/player]

[ally]Alliances[/ally] - Using the Alliance-link feature allows you to link to a Alliance's profile! This can be used when claiming cities, planning ops or just generally making life easier for everyone by linking your text! To use this feature, click on the small flag at the top, and then type inbetween the BB-Codes the name of the alliance you wish to link to (Must be perfectly spelled) You should get something like this: [ally]Renegades[/ally]

[town]City[/town] - Using the city-link feature allows you to link to a city on the map or players profile! This can be used when claiming cities, planning ops or just generally making life easier for everyone by linking your text! To use this feature, click on the small city at the top, and enter the name of the city you wish to link in the box that appears; then select it and it will paste it into your text. You should get something like this: [town]56921[/town]. *NB- When you link Ghost Towns, you will need to find the Ghost Towns' ID by clicking on the town, and copying the ID shown. Once you have the ID, paste it between your City BB-Codes and it will link to the Ghost Town with that ID.

Size - Using the Size Feature allows you to manipulate the size of your text, the sizes you can use range from 1-99. Size is great for titles, sub-heading and making your text more interesting! The basic sizes are: Very Small, Small, Normal, Large and Gigantic.

Image - To use the image feature simply upload the image you want to an imagehosting Site (Such as Tinypic, Imageshack etc) and then copy the code for Forums and paste it within the image code within your message/post. It should then come up with Image!

Colours - The colour feature allows you to change the colour of your text! It is fantastic for livening a boring peice of text, aswell as bring more focus on specific words. To use this feature, click on the colour icon at the top, and chose your colour of choice, and then type inbetween the BB-Codes. The basic colours are: Red , Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Purple. There are also many other tones and shadings of these six basic colours.

Report - The report feature allows you to insert reports into your text. To do this, go to the report you wish to publish in the reports folder, and click publicize; select the options you want to show. Then click on the small report icon, and type the title of the report in the box that appears. Select the report and it will appear in your text.

Awards - Simply click on the award icon, and select which awards you want!

Islands - The island-link code allows you to link to an island of your choice. The island link will give you the choice to jump to the map, centred on the island, or to jump to a page of information on the island. To make this link appear in your text you will first need to find you unique code of the island you want to link by clicking on the information icon (Appears as resources) in the middle of the island. From there, you can click on the small button in the top left (Next to Island #####) and copy the BB-Code from the box that appears. Now you can just paste it into body of text.

Table - To be filled in.

Font - To use the font code simply select the font button and click on the font you want. It should insert the BB-Code you need into the body of text, and then you can simply type inside the code to make the writing appear in that font.

Think you've got something I've missed? Or I've made a mistake, Please message me!
Did you think this Guide was just AMAZING? Please +Rep me if you did!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

in-game but now that I think about it the forum too thanks

DeletedUser22399

How do you create forum tabs?

Firstly you need to have the appropriate rights. There should be the option "Administrate Forum" at the bottom right of the forum pop up, if you click on this and then "new forum" you will then be able to create a new forum tab. NB if you check the box that is marked hidden the tab that you create will only be visible to members who have access to internal forums.

DeletedUser

Is there a place where we can suggest/request in-game forum features? I get annoyed sometimes with the error message:
The text can't be displayed because it contains more than 500 "[" characters.
This happens particularly often when dealing with tables that contain individual cell formatting (small tables are fine, but the limit on brackets makes it impossible to build anything larger, which is often my intent/desire when creating said tables). Also, a related question--is 500 characters the limit for any character, or just brackets?

I also wish there were more features for the in-game forums. To name a few specifically:
- the ability to link to a particular thread (or even a post) that is also on the in-game forums (I know you can link to external forums)
- highlighting
- ability to change font (this isnt particularly important, just thought I'd throw it in there)

Anyway, my biggest frustration with the in-game forums is this apparent limit on brackets/characters. Is anything being done/can anything be done about this?

DeletedUser

Is there a place where we can suggest/request in-game forum features? I get annoyed sometimes with the error message:

This happens particularly often when dealing with tables that contain individual cell formatting (small tables are fine, but the limit on brackets makes it impossible to build anything larger, which is often my intent/desire when creating said tables). Also, a related question--is 500 characters the limit for any character, or just brackets?

I also wish there were more features for the in-game forums. To name a few specifically:
- the ability to link to a particular thread (or even a post) that is also on the in-game forums (I know you can link to external forums)
- highlighting
- ability to change font (this isnt particularly important, just thought I'd throw it in there)

Anyway, my biggest frustration with the in-game forums is this apparent limit on brackets/characters. Is anything being done/can anything be done about this?
Ideas section. Follow the format!

DeletedUser

I have a question though, recently my authorizations have been changed in my alliance so I can be a moderator of our forum. How do I add new tabs or can I? I added new threads but I wanted them to be tabs,

DeletedUser

You can only add new tabs if you are a leader :)

Forum Moderators can:
-Edit peoples posts
-Rename threads
-move threads from tab to tab
-Delete posts
-delete threads
-mark threads as important or unimportant
-Lock threads

DeletedUser

How do you create a voting option? I've seen it from former alliances I've been in but don't see it as an option.

DeletedUser

How do you create a voting option? I've seen it from former alliances I've been in but don't see it as an option.
Go to Alliance forum.
Click on "New Survey" and follow instructions.
You are allowed to create options by completing the "Possible Responses" table.
There is an "Add" button for additional responses

DeletedUser

If anyone knows how I can recover the Tinypic image I used to have here so I can replace it, it would be much appreciated.