Inhancement of the usage of transports.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
To use the transports that are in an another city to carry soldiers from an another city.

Reason:
So you made soldiers (lots of them) and you suddenly realized that you don't have transports to transport them and you feel sorry and start again then realize that you don't have enough population and need to upgrade your farm. My idea is that you can use transports from other cities to carry them.

Details:
A little section can be added in the support when you click the transports. You can select how much transports you want to use and which city you want to transport them to.

Visual Aids:
Non.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I don't think this will make room for abusing. I can only think that people will only make transports in a desired city but that will make the troop transportation slower since the transports need to reach the city before transporting the troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd be against it, personally. How much farm space you can use for each type of unit is one of the things you have to take into account when planning how your city will turn out. Were this to be implemented, people could just build whatever they liked, and have a single city with hundreds of transports, ready to transport everything else.

Also, what would happen with attacks? Would transports from city A be able to be sent with light ships from city B, or would the light ships have to be sent first, with the transports/troops in a second wave?

DeletedUser

I've gotta say that this would be better than having a staging city . . . but it would be easy pickings for BP . . . unless ur gonna also build birs or support that city so someone didn't attack ur 300 trans with 5 LS

moved to development

DeletedUser

I'd be against it, personally. How much farm space you can use for each type of unit is one of the things you have to take into account when planning how your city will turn out. Were this to be implemented, people could just build whatever they liked, and have a single city with hundreds of transports, ready to transport everything else.

We can fix that by allowing only 10 transports do it.

DeletedUser

i like it good idea but it will need a bit of tweaking...

such as how many troops can 1 city store?
if you build 3100 slingers and have no farm space left and send in 200 LS and 150 fast trans what is to say you cant build a super nuke with 3 citys...

DeletedUser

This only works with transports not other units and the wave that's going to be using this technique will use the LS and units of the city you want the units to be transported from. You won't be able to use the other city's LS and units with this technique only the transports.

DeletedUser

Oh yeah a mistake from me. So transports (limit 10) and LS. It will be like a pickup thing.

DeletedUser31190

ALl I want is the ability to send troops to one city as support then send them to another with out bring them back home this doesn't work on colony ships

DeletedUser

I think a better idea would be to just allow troops to move between cities, which is listed in another forum. However I dont believe that that will ever get up and I dont see this one doing any better.