inno are dogs...... watch out on the gold

DeletedUser44785

I swear inno is trying to squeeze every drop of money out of grepolis before it dies. It can be fixed.

DeletedUser

I know selecues I'm starting to get that feeling too. I know every change in grep is a learning curve to some degree but I'm really not enjoying EN82 and instant build, in spite of what the defenders of Inno say it is WAY more expensive for me than the halving route for 25 gold..gold trading i didn't like at first but it seems harmless enough as its a personal choice.
And now gold has gone up again, i know these forums are always full of people saying' this will be my last sever' or 'we will all vote with our feet' but i genuinely mean it, for the first time in ages i am really not enjoying playing Grep which is weird for me..i know the arguments about gold whrs and how skill is suppost to out in the end, but I'm buying way more gold than i would to keep up and its soured the game..and believe me i can dodge and snipe with the best of them but cause of this trojan war there are harpie nukes flying around everywhere and we are out of bp 1 day. It i mental, and we only have a month til easter and the next one...i realise I'm going on and some of you will disagree but this gold pricing , constant events, everything in game revolving not around skill but how quickly you can gold trade resources of click loot every 5 mins to instant build whatever you want , well for me its too much..throw that in a speed 3 conquest world..to me it sucks.

DeletedUser40223

Richard 2015-02-24 19:14:45
Thanks for your patience. Due to an oversight, the GBP price changes did indeed go unannounced. I've added the price changes to the original announcement:

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?55148-Price-Changes&p=933072#post933072

Sincerely,

Richard Stephenson
Community Manager
THEGUARDIAN89 2015-02-24 21:38:02
That is very cheeky to change the price un-announced the day of a so called sale... I will be making a few calls about this as I am pretty dam sure in the uk this is against the law... you can not put the price up on something to then have a so called sale making people believe there getting a bargain when really there not... we have trading standards here and i'm 100% that this is breaching some of there rules..........

Bravo TG69.. :)

DeletedUser19042

Jeez Erik, you most certainly are compensating for something. Always these capital letters... annoying.

DeletedUser47953

I used to play the game Kingdom's of Camelot on FB. It was fun. You couldn't actually take enemy cities though, so Grepolis wins out on being much more cutthroat and fun. However, I quit KOC mostly because the devs decided to squeeze out the money on it. I spent quite a bit and then they just kept adding to the game that you had to buy to keep up with people.

It was fun when 12 people could fight 500 and it was a fair fight, then everyone could just buy buffs to the point where I stopped enjoying playing. The interface got sloppy, the cost of playing became hundreds a month to keep up. After a couple thousand, I quit.

Here, I spend 20-30 bucks to get going on a server, then 10-20 a month. Very reasonable. However, if the game goes to the point of costing more than that, I will find something else to play.

Honestly, you pay 15 bucks a month for the average MMO subscription. Here, you can play for free, but if keeping up gets too costly, most players will bail except for the independently wealthy who don't have to make a decision regarding paying real life bills or having money in their pocket vs. playing a silly pixel game.

For now, Grepo is fine by me, but I haven't played 82 yet. Having fun on 81 for now.

DeletedUser19042

Who cares if its capitals, he's making a good and correct point

I care. Instead of capitalizing everything, one should improve his argument.
That his point is correct is irrelevant to me. I agree with it as well. But I'd have agreed with it without capitals as well.

So basically, it's annoying.

DeletedUser

It was a mistake. No one tried to rob you. Just play Grepolis

it was a mistake but for a business with 100 million turnover in the US alone it was pretty poor business practise..the customer can be right, but it doesn't matter how we treat themas they are loyal and will keep coming back. now keep playing grepolis and buying that gold!!! pretty soon for the price i want actual gold coins delivered to my house .

DeletedUser40223

Anyone here played Game of War yet? looks an interesting alternative..

DeletedUser48572

The problem with these types of games is it always starts great then the rich players (or those that would rather buy gold than buy clothes or pay bills lol) buy gold and they take over. Then the good players get gold and they really take over. Then the average player that used to compete start servers and quit after a month or two because they are outmatched, either by crappy players with a bunch of points or very good players with gold. The good players with no gold usually turn to turtles because they can't run olympic games all day long.

The company then sees the bottom line and try to expand it by making gold even more valuable, by let's say random events throughout the year where you can buy troops/perks that would take a guy/lady with no gold weeks to achieve.

The players slowly stop leaving the game looking for the same "type" of the game where the consequences for losing are what they are here (you lose everything if you play it wrong). So then the company usually just comes out with the same type of game with a different name "Heroes of Blah" "Gods of Blah" and the cycle repeats itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48572

The basic outline of this game is great because you truly have to start over if you lose.

In COD or FPS's you can just start a new match in ten minutes if you lose. In starcraft you just start a new match in an hour or so. I've been playing "Boom Beach", fun little game but all you can lose is resources. Never your base, and never any structures in your city which is lame.