Instead of trash... why not try something better??

DeletedUser19318

I have been watching this server with interest... I kept out of it for a reason.. to create that interest, split teams.. challenge for all the players.. I have watched the growth and demise of many teams... but always looked with interest on the great players I know and respect whether on the perceived enemy team or not.. why do I say perceived?
Well I have always believed an enemy today can and could be a great friend tomorrow.. and potentially for the rest of my life.
Just had a great time over in India with "Prateek the Great" he was an enemy.... now is a great friend... and man did he look after me and a friend of mine as we discovered and enjoyed India... I also have been looked after and royally treated by Erik Wijmeersch.. (mioune as well) I have also had many a long night chatting Weasy "Janessa101" (one of the most honest, honourable and best players I have ever had the pleasure of playing with) of this world and Jarndog, Karlo.. I look forward to meeting these players in the future.. all are on my Christmas list!! there are so many others that I could list who are just fantastic people ... and some who I have not even had on a team I've been in, like "herefordgrl" who in any and all the chats I had with her seemed a pretty damn nice person.
The point of this post is we forget the real people behind at times.. even I have been guilty of this and apologise to those I've flamed and annoyed (please forgive.. I won't name names)
How about a thread of speaking of the great points of any all players we have meet in game.. and maybe if we've been lucky to meet them in Real life then add that as well and what we've done.. (unless its below the blankets ..which I know has happened multiple times!! )

Starter below:
I met NZGod at my place once, he came to visit and stay!! what a great guy!... and a petrol head

DeletedUser49059

+rep...and not for mentioning specific people, but pointing out that "character counts".

I have made many friends who were in "red" alliances- the difference to me between "potential friend" and "just another red" is simple...communication and respect.

Some people prefer to have the lines of who they are in game and who they are in real life not cross...with me, what you see is what you get, RL or game wise. I have also had cross words with people on the same team and on the enemy team - some of which I even still call my friends.

Kron, it's folks like you that people play the game for and to play with- not because of "grepo", but because of the "grepo-ships" (aka friendships) that they have with you. Weasy, Drago/Jarndog, KT, Destro, Poops, Engin, and several others...it's a long list...are people that I have met in this particular world and have respect for on a personal basis, and hope to call friends for a lifetime. I only hope to someday meet them in RL and share a beverage, or a lunch, if I am lucky. But that said...it's folks like that which keeps me in the game, not love of Grepo.

Class acts, each in their own way and in their own right. Good post...hope you come back out of retirement at some point down the line.

DeletedUser37468

Too true Kron & Herefordgirl

In the 4 years I have played Grep, I have made quite a few friends along the way...I have had the absolute & genuine honour of meeting one and we have become firm & lifelong friends, soulmates....I will talk to anyone in game, regardless of side (that said though if they are red flagged I will not talk tactics no matter how well they bait their fishing hook...so anyone thinking of it, don't bother lol)

There are some great characters...and a few seriously irritating...but that is what makes up RL world

There are too many to name who I have had long and enjoyable natters with over the last 4 years...all have, in their own way, made an impression

It is all too easy to forget that the person attacking you and waking you up at 3am is a real person and is not really doing it to p*ss you off but cos they live on the other side of the planet and are wide awake.....calling them everything under the sun when reaching for the phone to turn the damned thing off though is part and parcel of the game....along with returning the favour when you know they are fast asleep at 3am

I am annoying when I play....just ask any of the guys from EN in Ialysos....throwing piddly attacks 24/7 just to keep them awake and on their toes and to get under their skin.....sparring with Hunkiller...he with his ls raids at all hours, me with my slinger raids at all hours....and the laughs we had with it cos we had this thing called FUN...which is something else that some in the game forget sometimes

The personal nastiness is not needed, the online bullying (that I have experienced in Edessa and Abdera that almost forced me to quit the game, and forced me to rethink my role as Founder) really is not necessary...yes this is a war game but that does not mean you have to stop being respectful and civil to your "enemies"

On the whole its enjoyable...sometimes frustrating...occasionally it can be upsetting too...but at the end of the day I have been given the friendships of a few...and the honour of one particular very close friendship which will last a lifetime...and for that I am and will always be thankful to this most challenging of games

DeletedUser37468

Erik.....you are what some would call a loveable rogue....you have the natural talent of being able to wind people up just by your presence...some bite and others do not

The times I have called you everything under the sun for being a right royal pain in the behind in Ialysos....but we still had fun, albeit slightly twisted, borderline sadistic fun....you stole cities off me so I annoyed you back...fair's fair and all that :p

Sometimes in game frustrations and fury can blue the borders of what is right and wrong, things get said in the heat of the moment and fur starts to fly in all directions....that happens in RL, not just in games like this one Erik

You do have a target strapped to your backside, lit up with neon lights.....every game has to have one who gets the bulk of the aggro, and this game that is probably you.....but....you do give as good as you get....you're not an innocent angel in any of this....you tend to be in the middle of most scraps on here

People read your name and a collective "OMG...not HIM again!"

That reputation did not invent itself Erik.....you have had a part in its making too ;)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
it was a good thought kronnoss but some people just can't stop pushing their agenda. i've found great people on every server, both allies and enemies, even those who were frustrating at times. i won't embarrass them by naming names.

i miss the old days when a red on one server was your closest ally on the next and at world close all grudges were gone. forum banter used to be fun.

i bet those of you with a bone to pick still have something nice to say about at least one of your team mates, the point of this thread. try some positivity!

Last edited:

DeletedUser48886

First off, I want to thank you kronnoss for this thread. Even though we have never played together, it sounds like we could get to know each other and possibly get along.

In this Grepo world of Golgi, there is a lot of drama inside the world which leads to the external forum. Now, I could go off on this drama but I am not going to do that.

I want to stick with the the topic and the original spirit of the conversation. Admittedly, before this world I wasn't very talkative. I would come in, play my 10-15 hours a day and not post on the forum unless it was to just post my reports or landing times, etc. I would occasionally talk with some players and actually started playing with a group of 4 that would go into new worlds on the US server together and always end up in the same alliance. It was a Grepo friendship but that was it. Outside of the game, we never talked. And when they all "retired" from Grepo after we won our crown last year, I was alone again.

Then I enter Golgi and started in the middle of the map. There was a lot of drama in the alliance. Things happened, leaders were split and went different ways, and a lot of dirty stuff happened that I didn't care for personally so I left the alliance and got taken out in 14 hours. I was about ready to quit Grepo totally at that time. I didn't restart for about 3 weeks. One day I decided to give it one more try.

I came back in and landed out in O33 and thought I would just do like before and just keep things to a minimum. Then things happened and I got put on the council and started taking an active role in leadership. This is when I started talking with players that I truly want to carry on a friendship outside of the game even after this world ends and we are all no longer playing Grepo. People that I am proud to say are as close to me as my real life family. Players of my own alliance and players of other alliances as well, including current red flags. Although I probably never get to travel and meet them or them to meet me, I am still proud to call them friends and wouldn't change that part of my time in this world.

DeletedUser41405

nice posts, all of you friends.
good to read after a lots of mud slinging talks.
no doubt its a war game, its a social one too.
kudos to kronn for reminding us who we are.

DeletedUser

nice posts, all of you friends.
good to read after a lots of mud slinging talks.
no doubt its a war game, its a social one too.
kudos to kronn for reminding us who we are.

Agree,all hail weasy and poopstan.
It was real pleasure to have been in the same servers:d

DeletedUser19318

Saw an awesome post in FB today on political correctness... Which to be fair when defending children or the disadvantaged is a great concept! But as for the forums here... when people are offended they want to speak up and say "stop that" ... But most of us are actually quite happy to offend the occasional person... I do not agree with the the idea that you have to be protected from any kind of uncomfortable emotion... The mods should allow a bit of discomfort and not be critiqued over this... In fact the mods them selves should be able to criticised for actions without fear and with out posts being deleted... If people can't control their own emotions then they have to start trying to control other people's behaviour... We see that here all the time.. When you're around super sensitive people you cannot relax and be spontaneous because you have no idea what's going to upset them next... Anyone who has watched the puppeteer which Achmid the terrorist would have seen multiple times his threat to kill people in the show... It's a joke... And because it's a show people have no issue in taking it that way.. Life in chat rooms is a lot more grey... And people tend to be over sensitive ... I say say to those, don't join chat rooms because political correctness has gone from a good idea to being screamed out over any person getting upset over anyone's use of any word that offends someone else... I have black friends.. I call them black.. They call me whiteblack ... We lol.. And do not look for offence
One of the main points of these forums for me has always been humor and comedy!, The whole point in all comedy is being critical to something... Long may the forums be comical... And long may they be a place to be critical as well as a place to sing any and all praises to those that deserve them... This thread was hoping for the second... Just for a change.. But comedy is easier it seems!

DeletedUser

Kron, do not blame you but my sarcasm was actually directed to our beloved mods.
They deleted every post, and the only one left standing and for which I did not receive an infraction was this joke:)
It is the only way it seems to be allowed anything in Baudin's private property it seems.
Fully aware this post will get deleted and an infraction will follow.
Perhaps my last post since no doubt this champion of censorship will ban me for this:)

In case, as I expect,it will get deleted I simply wish all forum goers the best.

DeletedUser42792

Its nice sentiment kron.... i wish more people took this to heart....ur opinion on the game and the people who played it is spot on....cant say i think the forums are anything other than a place to take cheap shots...I do my talking in game..this is only my 4th post in 6 yrs...but i will show you and any who post with the same forethought , acumen and integrity the respect they are deserved.

For the rest...lol..i will refrain as that is my point.....most should refrain from speaking in this forum as they prove on a regular basis they cant control their emotions and actions....hence the need for mods. I will see you all in game where i do my talking as it should be done.. my hats off to you all

Poop

DeletedUser

That's why you reacted for your doll but did not care that the doll had threatened another player?

DeletedUser36743

....it's folks like you that people play the game for and to play with- not because of "grepo"....

100% spot on....

Have not played Grepo for almost 10 months now.....dont miss the game one bit (...well maybe just a wee lil bit).... but miss the peeps/skype/banter a helluva lot...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21287

I love you all :)

If it were not for most of the great characters here I would give up for good. So many enemies become friends and even friends become enemies - its all a game enjoyed by all.

Always great when 2 of your oldest enemies still message you in new worlds - Dambo/Nisa (still lost boys though) :)

Respect to all

buddy1971

Phrourach
totally agree kron... i dont play much anymore but i still count you as one of the best friends that ive made on here

DeletedUser

Ah, this is a very nice thread. I have so many people I enjoy the company of on skype and in game in nearly every alliance in Golgi. When you play grepolis, you tend to take on the personality of the character you create in the game. Many of us have played under several names and even had several personalities in the game itself. It's so so very easy to get wrapped up in the role playing of your game character and forget that it IS just a game. Real people exist behind the game names and alot of those players are wonderful people. I still talk to soooo many people that I met playing this game. I speak with them daily. Most of them aren't even playing right now. For me that's the best part of this great game. Meeting so many great people and getting to become friends with them. Sometimes even being lucky enough to meet up in the real world and have a good time or 2. I've also had the pleasure of learning about tons of other cultures from conversing with people from all over the world. I get to see great pics of the celebrations they hold and learn a lil bit about the meaning behind them. I really enjoy all of you guys here and I hope to make even more friends and aquaintances in the future. Thank you all for the good times so far and here's to more of them to come!! Cheers!!