Intel Tool by Triad

• Thread starter DeletedUser22847
  • Start date

DeletedUser47156

Also, you do realise that the database is created from information that inno release to the public and that anyone can create a similar tool if they so wanted? No unfair advantage, we've just collated and interpreted the same data that everyobe else can access.

Thank you. This entire forum (most threads) have turned into a we-love-Triad/we-hate-Triad rant regardless of what people post. There are some basics that people seem to be forgetting. Whatever information Triad have used to create this tool MUST be in the public domain. They don't have a secret German friend at Grepolis headquarters giving them vital information that the public can't access.

If YOU are unable to figure out how to use the data tools to your own advantage, then that's a fault with your own intellect rather than a fault of either the game, the game designers or those members of Triad who have managed to use their brains for something other than looking at pictures of ladies.

As for any sort of 'frantic' attempt by the leaders of Triad to publish this tool, I cannot comment on that either way. If you have proof that Triad publicized this link because Grepolis administrators were going to punish them if they didn't, then place your proof here. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and possible libel depending on how the current leaders of Triad feel.

Overall, I don't really care for Triad one way or the other. Their practices are not ones that I would use or condone which is why I'm not flocking to join them. That being said, their method of looking up stats on players and putting it in a useful format is one that I not only like but agree with. And I still think it was very kind of them to publish it, whether they were 'forced' to or not (conversely, they could've just destroyed the website so that no one could use it).

In terms of a general forum point of view, I'm getting tired of reading the endless rants against and for a certain alliance. Far from being fun...or amusing...or entertaining...or even worthwhile, this forum has become populated with hate-filled rants by a small subset of players that monopolize most of the time on here. That being said, I'm checking out. It's been a pleasure.

DeletedUser22847

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Free-Give-aways" are alway nice LOL, lets deal in the facts here though before we all pay homage to the newest Grepo-God "Santus Clausus giving us "free" intel tools.

Facts are:

1. This tool hasn't just been developed, Triad have been using this tool since the early weeks of the world beginning.

2. It was never intended to be offered to the rest of the community although there were one or two who questioned the morality. Triad were "forced" to offer the tool to general use after the database was exposed and consequently a complaint was made about the unfair advantages an unofficial tool gave. Not to mention the various data protection issues that something not under the umbrella of official innogames/Grepolis may muddy the waters with. After complaint The database was not accessible for a short period, (not sure if access was blocked but prompting frantic leadership discussions on how to get around this problem.

3. The only way Triad can continue with this tool while benefiting personally in some way is to open up the tool for use by "everyone" to avoid complaints but with holding the intel from others about themselves.

Triad have only given "access" to this tool because they were in effect, forced to, if no complaint had been made they would still be happily playing with this hidden from the rest of the world - Far from a level playing field (every other alliance apart from their own is compromised by detailed intel not available anywhere else and not just in Zancle. Surely Triad should be including their own intel or the database should be banned and everybody use the official intel sources..... unless of course they feel they are unable to compete on a level playing field in those worlds in which they play.

so in reality all smoke and mirrors my friends.

I am sorry but your facts are quite false..

1. As it stands on the first post, "i have been developing the tool", and Triad has been using it. It has not just been developed. Though i did develop it pretty fast, i started in Easter holidays.

2. I intended to publicize it (why else have rumours etc), but on my terms and when i chose to, not when someone else decided to. Grepostats and grepointel are unofficial as well - inno just makes some data available for 3rd parties to do as they please with.

3. I can make the tool Triad-only whenever i want (matter of minutes), but i will keep it public. Nobody is forcing me. It may be inconvenient for you that i "partly" hide some Triad-related data but they are available other places (and also the Triad alliance overview is not blocked).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was about to provide my point of view on this but I have no many comments to add after reading Browncloak's post (which i agree with most of his comments), except the following:
Thank you Valkeneth (NOT Triad) for publishing this tool to the community, saves me a lot of time to manually gather useful information, and most of all makes the game more fun at least for myself! It is common sense to hide any info that could potential provide a disadvantage for your Alliance.
We (Imperial Order) used to have a very good developer in 2013 and we were gathering similar information directly to our Alliance forums, but the guy left and the source site he had developed was eventually brought down. Of course we never ever considered to share it to the public.

DeletedUser21774

There used to be a site called "Athena's Records" that provided similar information some years ago. The guy who made it couldn't afford to keep it running. It was a terrific tool. It created a demand gap that Valkeneth's tool fills nicely.

DeletedUser14366

Wonderful Tool Val and for the people crying about how Triad isn't on there. Suck it up. Life isn't fair and if you don't like it don't use it. He gave you a great tool to use for FREE that costs him money. So he can do whatever he wants on it. If you don't like what he left out make your own web page to find us :)

DeletedUser14366

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Free-Give-aways" are alway nice LOL, lets deal in the facts here though before we all pay homage to the newest Grepo-God "Santus Clausus giving us "free" intel tools.

Facts are:

1. This tool hasn't just been developed, Triad have been using this tool since the early weeks of the world beginning.

2. It was never intended to be offered to the rest of the community although there were one or two who questioned the morality. Triad were "forced" to offer the tool to general use after the database was exposed and consequently a complaint was made about the unfair advantages an unofficial tool gave. Not to mention the various data protection issues that something not under the umbrella of official innogames/Grepolis may muddy the waters with. After complaint The database was not accessible for a short period, (not sure if access was blocked but prompting frantic leadership discussions on how to get around this problem.

3. The only way Triad can continue with this tool while benefiting personally in some way is to open up the tool for use by "everyone" to avoid complaints but with holding the intel from others about themselves.

Triad have only given "access" to this tool because they were in effect, forced to, if no complaint had been made they would still be happily playing with this hidden from the rest of the world - Far from a level playing field (every other alliance apart from their own is compromised by detailed intel not available anywhere else and not just in Zancle. Surely Triad should be including their own intel or the database should be banned and everybody use the official intel sources..... unless of course they feel they are unable to compete on a level playing field in those worlds in which they play.

so in reality all smoke and mirrors my friends.

Dunno what spy you used for that ill informed rant, but all your "facts" are wrong. LoL

DeletedUser22977

Thank you. This entire forum (most threads) have turned into a we-love-Triad/we-hate-Triad rant regardless of what people post. There are some basics that people seem to be forgetting. Whatever information Triad have used to create this tool MUST be in the public domain. They don't have a secret German friend at Grepolis headquarters giving them vital information that the public can't access.

If YOU are unable to figure out how to use the data tools to your own advantage, then that's a fault with your own intellect rather than a fault of either the game, the game designers or those members of Triad who have managed to use their brains for something other than looking at pictures of ladies.

As for any sort of 'frantic' attempt by the leaders of Triad to publish this tool, I cannot comment on that either way. If you have proof that Triad publicized this link because Grepolis administrators were going to punish them if they didn't, then place your proof here. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and possible libel depending on how the current leaders of Triad feel.

Overall, I don't really care for Triad one way or the other. Their practices are not ones that I would use or condone which is why I'm not flocking to join them. That being said, their method of looking up stats on players and putting it in a useful format is one that I not only like but agree with. And I still think it was very kind of them to publish it, whether they were 'forced' to or not (conversely, they could've just destroyed the website so that no one could use it).

In terms of a general forum point of view, I'm getting tired of reading the endless rants against and for a certain alliance. Far from being fun...or amusing...or entertaining...or even worthwhile, this forum has become populated with hate-filled rants by a small subset of players that monopolize most of the time on here. That being said, I'm checking out. It's been a pleasure.

-Brian Williams

DeletedUser11165

Myself and Valkeneth had a number of conversations to try to get Athenas Records back online when that did not happen Valk choose to do the work himself to which he owed a huge thankyou.

The initial beta that was released by ramkopis was just that a beta, it was showed to alliance members for their input and to ask for features they thought might be nice if added etc before it was released. The site was always going to be released to the community and a valk deserves recognition for his work which is ongoing in adding to the site as you will all see more features added.

This is a free site for you all to use with new worlds to be added which of course Triad won't be on as we only do conquest and we will be focused on Zancle for the next 14+ months that being said not releasing our own data is just smart.

To those who have shown their appreciation to Valkeneth I thankyou as he deserves alot of credit for his work to help improve the tools for the community to those who wan't to pick faults I would suggest trying to do it yourself then.

DeletedUser22977

besides, not including Triad's data just helps keep a non-triad player from making a really otherwise bad decision...

LVLdC35.jpg

DeletedUser27128

The Tavern are good numbers and stats, when I'm not in the mood of digging through GrepoIntel, helps me a lot to see who has taken how many cities.

DeletedUser49197

But, it would be nice if you could just find a list of rumors, so I can read stuff specifically about my alliance, or pacts/enemies... I'm still scared of Triad looking at what players and alliances we look at... :eek:

DeletedUser

If you are a triad member you get info like when people are taking a toiletbreak/dinner/sleep since we worked with the NSA on that tool. :p

DeletedUser49197

I don't think my toiletbreaks are long enough for you to get a cs in! :p

DeletedUser33530

But, it would be nice if you could just find a list of rumors, so I can read stuff specifically about my alliance, or pacts/enemies... I'm still scared of Triad looking at what players and alliances we look at... :eek:

I can give you a list of all the rumors that are up there but it's ever changing so they would be irrelevant in an hour probably.

Also they aren't getting data about what players look at what. Any data they do get about visitors you can probably find anyway.

DeletedUser11165

This is why the original site that was supposedly leaked was a beta. Valk was adding suggestions from alliance members like finding ghost on islands with alliance members.

I am sure he will see this suggestion.

DeletedUser

How does no one realize that this is all part of Triad's evil master plan. First step is they control the information. Whoever controls the past controls the future, whoever controls the future controls the present. Soon 2 + 2 = 5. Wake up sheeple, the truth is out there.

DeletedUser40768

How does no one realize that this is all part of Triad's evil master plan. First step is they control the information. Whoever controls the past controls the future, whoever controls the future controls the present. Soon 2 + 2 = 5. Wake up sheeple, the truth is out there.

That sounds like 1984 :D Seriously though, people can always use grepostats and grepointel if that was a problem.

DeletedUser33530

Thank you George Orwell.

However it's whoever controls the present controls the past and whoever controls the past controls the future.