Interesting Observation re: Olympic Games

DeletedUser

As much as I agree with you Ice-man, this would make it so that Inno wouldn't make as much money :\ once again, grepolis is a bit corrupt in my opinion.

DeletedUser

25 =5 gold|50 =10

Shadowmelik I like your formula, but maybe we do need a system that keeps the amount in 10, 20, 30... .

I passed this thread to the appropriate channels. Thank you for your input guys. If you have any further comments about this or spot potential pit-falls please let me know.

If cities = 20<
(Cities-20)/25= X (use the round down function on X)
Olympic Games = 50 Gold - (X*5)

For example if you have 44 cities
(44-20=24)/25 = 0.96 (rounded down = 0)
So Olympic Games = 50 Gold - (0*5) so no change

But

When you have 45 cities
(45-20=25)/25 = 1 (rounded down = 1)
So Olympic Games = 50 Gold - (1*5) so the cost is 45

Below I will tell you what to change so that it fits what is preferable.
If cities = 20<
(Cities-20)/25= X (use the round down function on X)
Olympic Games = 50 Gold - (X*5)

Change the numbers in Blue to change the number of cities required for the changes to start taking effect.
Change the number in Red to change how many additional cities you need for another change.
Change the number in Green to raise or lower the amount of gold subtracted for having the additional cities.

If you wish to award the player by gaining the cities required for the sum to start taking effect then add 1 to X.

I may have over confused this but hopefully it helps xD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As much as I agree with you Ice-man, this would make it so that Inno wouldn't make as much money :\ once again, grepolis is a bit corrupt in my opinion.
They can't be making much at all right now, as I bet there isn't 1% of the players in Alpha using that feature
So in actuality, if anything, it would increase their revenue, if a formula could be arrived at

DeletedUser

It depends, really.

Currently, it's fairly unappealing once you reach a certain number of cities. So Inno might be have 100 people (just as an example) purchasing gold to use for Olympic Games currently. Were they to lower the price, to 50% of the current price (again, just as an example), the number of people purchasing gold for it may rise to 250. Instead of making 100 x 100%, they'd be making 250 x 50%. Profit for Inno, and a better deal for the players.

DeletedUser

I too have noticed this, when I had 177 cities in gamma I never ran after 10 cities it wasn't working for my pocket.

I feel it should be the same ££ per city slot, while i'm not sure how you work that out best but once you get a few cities the Olympics is way out of most peoples price range.

Even it it when down to 10 per CP on 150 cities that is ~4,500 gold... still isn't worth it.

The same amount of money for every culture level would be unreasonable. At early stages you only chicken out of 10 or so CP to go up a level whereas at later stages you work your way out of trying to achive 200+ CP per cultural level.

Grepo is just trying to keep up with the differences involved, especially since they may be used for ressetting researches so would not contribute towards your actualy cultural level.

DeletedUser

Once you have enough cities you can plan it so you get about 50+ CP points a day. If you have lots of victory processions and festivals going on, even more. Just recently I got about 60 or so, I have 40 or so cities, and have a lot of extra BP... It makes a lot of CP.

DeletedUser345

Shadows your formula is too low i have culture for 92 cities if i used the spots and wouldnt buy olympic games still at that cost.

DeletedUser

Shadows your formula is too low i have culture for 92 cities if i used the spots and wouldnt buy olympic games still at that cost.

My formula is an example, can be changed by the instructions given.

At the end of the day I just wanted to show how it worked and so the numbers used are an example.

I never use gold anyway so it doesn't bother me what the prices are :)

DeletedUser

Not to get off subject, but Toast, how is Grepolis corrupt?

It isn't, he hasn't quite gotten to he point where he looks up corrupt in the dictionary, the word he is looking for is broken, but he thinks corrupt is the right word cuz that's what all the people on CNN/BBC/AlJazeera are using.

DeletedUser

I am very grateful for the feedback however the thread is going off-topic. If this continues the thread will be closed.

DeletedUser2069

I suggest changing olympic games to buy city slots instead of culture points. Increase the gold amount to be something respectable but nothing outlandish.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

I agree with Wansth here, it has to be 100% relative to your size, so buy City Slots would be a better idea.

At speed 1 a Olympic Festival takes 24 hours, so maybe something like 72 hours and and a cost of 300 gold and limit it so only one can be run at a time.

DeletedUser

I suggest changing olympic games to buy city slots instead of culture points. Increase the gold amount to be something respectable but nothing outlandish.

Thoughts?

I disagree with that idea completely. However what Gordo said on the first page, regarding making the feature cheaper each time you raise a culture level would be good. To make it properly balanced though, it should still cost more overall each culture level, but not to the extent that is currently is.

DeletedUser

We ALL want to make a decent living... the guys at Inno Games are no exception. Nothing wrong with that.

With that said... I agree with Iceman that the Olympics is pointless at a high level and I no longer even contemplate spending money on it.

I'd like to see something simple like... the Olympic games will earn you 20% of whatever amount of CP you need for your current level... but only one Olympics can be running in your empire at any time.

Plus I'd like to be able to get some kind of decent endorsement deal for my Olympic athletes.

As a side note... it would be really cool if pushing the Olympic Games button played the Olympic theme music.

Olympics Theme Song

Who wouldn't want to push THAT button???

Next week, I'll introduce my idea for using Led Zepplin's Immigrant Song for a CS launch....