Inactive Topic Internal Forum Tab Rights

• Thread starter DeletedUser12512
  • Start date

DeletedUser12512

Proposal:
This is a 2 part Idea.

1) Allow access to certain forum tabs by selecting the player for each tab as an option instead of just by 'internal forum rights'

2) Be able to select moderators for each internal forum tab to better control who alters a tabs contents and create a sense of ownership/role in internal forum moderators.

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' Yes

Reason:

More control over forum tabs allows for more in depth strategy and a greater ablity to prevent espionage.

Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game.

Currently, as a founder/leader you can give access to your players to either no internal forums, or all internal forums. What I propose is that internal rights to each Forum Tab can be selected in the forum tab creation menu, making it so that you can include any player not previously included , or excude one or more of your members that you do not want to have access to a particular forum tab.

This would allow for a more secure working environment when preparing Operations, allow members to be broken up into teams should the alliance prefer it, and have the information contained within to be mutually exclusive to one group or the other. It would allow for a 'council' to discuss things before passing it out to leadership as well, and also allow a founder/leader to prepare drafts of announcements/plans etc. before releasing them while still keeping them in the forums. (Think of it like one step towards alliance security or an anti-spy mechanism)

The second part, assigning moderators for each forum tab, would prevent players from deleting content that is not under thier direct control. It would also prevent a certain level of sabotage that occurs when a player with internal forum rights leaves an alliance maliciously.

Details:
When you go into the forum creation tab, you can select not only to share a tab, but specifically add or remove players from access to that tab, and select a moderator for that tab that other than the founder can edit/delete posts.

Visual Aids:
I think it is self explanitory, but if i need to I could create an image.

Balance:
I believe this improves the balance, as people that join alliances for the sole purpose of destroying them from the inside through non-game playing ability would have a tougher time doing so if they could not completely destroy the alliances forums, or , have access to information that the founders/leaders are trying to keep confidential or seperated from parts of their alliance.

Abuse Prevention:
Not that I can see atm

Summary:
Better management of forums is often the key to a successful alliiances communication strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21392

IMO I see this especially useful for confidential squad ops of 4+ players. This would make it much easier than PM's, being that you can only person to person conversation. (skype might be easier, but not everyone has skype).

DeletedUser20429

I love it aswell although I doubt it will be implemented but I would like it to be :)

DeletedUser14385

it would help alot, even if you had an extra grade of internal forum, with like red, amber and green security clearance.... your way is better though so in big far flung alliances each squad can have they're own tabs to work without spamming everyone 3 oceans away

DeletedUser

yes 100% agree with this, the red amber green is a great idea as well as it would require a lot less coding

DeletedUser

A variant of this idea was posted before and passed voting. It involved getting levels of right for various tabs. I will search and if I find it, I will post it here.

Here it is

Yogesh

DeletedUser

A variant of this idea was posted before and passed voting. It involved getting levels of right for various tabs. I will search and if I find it, I will post it here.

Here it is

Yogesh

That was back in January, I wonder if it was ever taken seriously.

The idea is sound, and would be a great help in my opinion, and a small improvement would be the ability to move topics in and out of shared tabs too.

DeletedUser31385

This idea has been moved to the re-vote section. Please continue discussion.