Inventory Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

All these 'Gold' requirement schemes are unfair in that they discriminate against those that are unable to afford to purchase Gold. It gives those that can afford to buy as much Gold as they want a strong and unfair advantage. How about providing a facility for the former to obtain as much Gold as they need without having to pay for it, one way or another. T

DeletedUser

There's SponsorPay. InnoGames needs to generate revenue to maintain and improve their developments - no premium features, no game.

DeletedUser

Some thoughts on inventory. I like the idea in general. I'm not a big fan of gold, but I like that you have 5 slots open to start, and there is a maximum number to buy.

Some things of note:
It isnt fully clear how this will work, so it's impossible to make the best judgement call or give the best answer about how I feel.
- It states you will "oftentimes" be able to place items in inventory. Therefore not all rewards can be saved?
- It does not state whether there is a timeframe on how long the items will remain. Can an Easter event item be saved until Christmas (extreme example to make a point). Will you know when your item is about to expire if there is an expiration time on it?
- It states there will be new daily rewards. I'm sure I probably missed it, as I don't know what these daily rewards or the bonuses from them are, but that would impact things as well.
- With all these additions, it will have an impact on strategy. If the game mechanics themselves don't change, but the upgrades make the game less and less enjoyable, and strategy in it less and less useful, there is an overall downward effect on the game. Not sure the inventory will fall into this category, as I'm not sure what all the possible saved bonuses will be.

DeletedUser10789

Commands Overview Ap Screen Please!!! =)

Hey guys,

Free SCV here from Open Source Government, en50 Delos world.

Alllways happy to see upgrades to our favorite game here. :D

I'd agree that Administrator, the ability to see incoming attacks when having more than 1 city, should be a freebie, allowing users to see themselves being beaten by those taking their gaming to a whole new level, which would prob encourage users to buy more gold on other things.

I use the 5 Administrator Premiums but don't personally use the Barracks/Harbor/Senate time cuts on queues, instead, just trying for a 24/7 build queue, standard but steady allllways goin. While I don't use them, I got nothing against fighting those who would cut LS times 4 times over, investing heavily in their Empire.

Some guys are simply boss fights. ;)
(and takes the whole PARTY to bring em down, say, 5-10 Delos Elite Warriors/The Forgotten Ones to TRY to get the job done)

The item inventory is sexy. Reminds me of Diablo 2 and I dig it.

I was hoping for more from the Mobile upgrades on the Grepolis Toolbox ap for iPhone/Android mobile phones/tablets. Still no way to see which city is being attacked by mobile, forcing me to get out of bed 2am to check on it, instead of using my phone in bed to dodge easier. You get over 10 cities and gotta hit next city, and even then, only see ONE attack wave, 1 support wave, no actual number counts, I know, I know....the ap ain't totally done yet. Happy it beeps at me, just not happy beeps = pc login just to know what's going on. It will show a nice single attack but does very poorly on multiple incoming waves.

I figure if I PAY for Administrator Premium the ap should have it included, hell, even in read only format, it's essential information when fighting off navy clearing from Rivals/Enemies all night long, well into your work day, and surviving (w/o stopping my garbage truck for a 1/2 hour to cycle through 15 cities to find one under attack, then not even seeing more than 1 wave, just don't even tell me then if yer not gonna do the WHOLE job Innogames! LOL, friggan teasers! ;)

So again, no Administrator ap, yet. Maybe all this gold for cheap buildings can pay developers to see to more needs of their paying Customers/Gamers.

I'm proud to see GREAT WORK FROM INNOGAMES on EVERY new update! =)

Was really hoping also that the resource bar for each city would show up in the ap for barracks, senate, and harbor, and be on top of the other misc bars going on.

I figure all incoming alerts' push notifications opened should go to the Admin Premium page in the ap....net yet created. Keep it a paid ap if you guys can pull THAT off!!!

Love to see ap pages for ALL of the macro commands going, Trade, Commands (this one esp!), Recruiting, Farming Villages for an easy 5 min demand option via phone......Course they all take time and money for developers, and good old hard work from developers to see such quests through!

Looking forward to future updates tho, allllways something fixed up nicely. (lmao @ Divine Envoys being wiped upon changing God types!)

Free SCV
OSG4LIFE!

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en50/player/2639001

Last edited:

DeletedUser

the trend of continually introducing premium advantages will eventually motivate players like myself who use minimal gold to leave grepo altogether. ~ Great Baconator

I agree, innogames need to walk a very careful line. More costs may increase short term profits, but they also reduce player numbers and long term profits will fall. The lesson of economics and history is that its better to take a small slice on many occasions, than a big slice on a few occasions, otherwise you kill the goose that lays the golden egg ! (its is Easter !)

All these premium features are in danger of amounting to a big-slice, and players will leave !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i'm honestly quite surprised that people are upset about getting inventory slots which they didn't have before :D

sure, gold users can get extra, but the number of slots given to non-premium players seems pretty generous imho. the only thing i might've done if it was up to me was make the extra slots more expensive, maybe 200 gold, since they last forever once you buy them from what i can gather.

DeletedUser

There's SponsorPay. InnoGames needs to generate revenue to maintain and improve their developments - no premium features, no game.

Fully agree that Innogames needs a revenue source, after all they are a business.
As for Sponsorpay, it is not possible to complete surveys, etc for free gold in all countries. Is that fair to players from those countries?

DeletedUser30490

exactly inno may need the revenue but there are players who cant use sponsor pay,
this is not inno's fault but still :(

DeletedUser

i'm honestly quite surprised that people are upset about getting inventory slots which they didn't have before :D

I haven't read much that was critical of the inventory slots in this thread. I think there is however, a great concern on the part of many long time players who are not major gold spenders that the advantages given to those who spend gold might become so great that the balance of the game is altered in such a way that it is no longer competitive.

DeletedUser

I think there is however, a great concern on the part of many long time players who are not major gold spenders that the advantages given to those who spend gold might become so great that the balance of the game is altered in such a way that it is no longer competitive.
i can understand that in general, and i'm very much pro a well-balanced game, but i don't see the inventory as being something which would give premium players a significant advantage. it makes things more convenient, otherwise why would anybody pay for it, but i don't imagine it will be a deciding factor in any wars!

that said, i haven't used it yet so will be able to give much better judgement after a few weeks/months of it going live in the world i play :)

DeletedUser

Just to clarify, once you buy an inventory slot, it is there forever on that world. So if you play 5 worlds and you want all 10 slots on each world, it will cost you a fair amount!

But as Pythag said, you currently have no slots. :D So the fact that they are letting everyone have 5 for free seems great to me.

DeletedUser

One question for inno? Why are they/you pushing to get more clients faster and faster with opening up worlds fast as anything when you won't/don't look after the ones you have already?

DeletedUser

exactly inno may need the revenue but there are players who cant use sponsor pay,
this is not inno's fault but still :(

You say, 'this is not inno's fault', in relation to SponsorPay. I have read many, similar, comments elsewhere on this forum.

Ultimately, InnoGames and SponsorPay are business partners. After all, SponsorPay can be found through the most prominent 'link button' in Grepolis (and I am sure the same is true in InnoGames other products). And they, certainly, did not get there by magic!

None of us are privy to their business deal/ relationship. It was no doubt thrashed out, behind closed doors, in the boardroom in, either, Hamburg or Berlin. You would expect SponsorPay supplies what their contract with InnoGames obliges them to do. Therefore, I think it is fair to say, your comment is not entirely true in the greater scheme of things.

DeletedUser30490

but the thing is it's not inno's job to expand the sponsor pay to every country that all the players play.And the organisation that runs sponsor pay does not really get a profit im guessing because they give you FREE GOLD for just completing surveys.And for advertising other company's they might just get quarter of what inno gets when a player buy's 100 gold.
So it's not really inno's job to get there business partner to expand the business partner should expand it's business on it's own.While doing that they have to target countries that get them more profit not countries that will not really get them anything.

DeletedUser24365

Anything that cost's gold wow I can't wait to buy some...........NOT!

DeletedUser

I don't know how they manage to make things worse with every upgrade but now I can't even stay in city screen a switch between cities to build new buildings. I have to exit out of the city screen, go up to the arrow, go to current city, click on current city and repeat for EVERY CITY! PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!