Inventory Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Grepolis Roadmap 2013 says of the inventory system: 'There will be a new option that allows you to store received rewards'.
The new Wiki article says: 'The Inventory is a new feature that allows you to store items and rewards which can be obtained from event shops (e.g. the Easter Event store).'

Reading between the two, there appears to be a bit of ambiguity. Can you store each and any reward, such as the daily reward? Or only those from special event shops?

And if needs be can, either, the Wiki entry or the Roadmap article be made clearer? Please

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard

Strategos
Do anybody have this problem?
View attachment 8342
Please clear your cache on your browser.
I don't know how they manage to make things worse with every upgrade but now I can't even stay in city screen a switch between cities to build new buildings. I have to exit out of the city screen, go up to the arrow, go to current city, click on current city and repeat for EVERY CITY! PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!
I can't recreate this issue, it works without issue on my game. Please clear your browsers cache also.
Grepolis Roadmap 2013 says of the inventory system: 'There will be a new option that allows you to store received rewards'.
The new Wiki article says: 'The Inventory is a new feature that allows you to store items and rewards which can be obtained from event shops (e.g. the Easter Event store).'

Reading between the two, there appears to be a bit of ambiguity. Can you store each and any reward, such as the daily reward? Or only those from special event shops?

And if needs be can, either, the Wiki entry or the Roadmap article be made clearer? Please

You can store the event rewards only. The daily reward can not be stored. The wiki is already clear on this matter.

DeletedUser

You can store the event rewards only. The daily reward can not be stored. The wiki is already clear on this matter.

Thank you for clarifying the above.
In that case, can the Roadmap article be made clearer?

And perhaps the daily reward should be considered for inclusion.
As new player, when I reached the 30 day mark, I was offered 20000 of each resource. Yet, my warehouse was around the 15000 mark. Roughly, 25% of my reward flushed down the pan! And how many other new players are in a similar position? Quite a few, I would guess!

I can't recreate this issue, it works without issue on my game. Please clear your browsers cache also.

It certainly is an issue. I've tried three computers with different browsers, cleared the cache. Yet the city view covers the upper tool bar. It actually makes game play painful.

DeletedUser

Well... The road map is correct in that you will be able to store island quest rewards when they are released. Or at least, that is what The Envoy has said in a post somewhere.

Da wiki is baws. Don't doubt it. Unless it is wrong... In which case, do doubt it. And let me know. :p

DeletedUser21774

I followed the upgrade thread here. Another feature of the new update is apparently you can beat the snot out of your own troops instead of "visiting" them.

As for the inventory feature, will comment when I see the next big Grepo-party.

DeletedUser

Sorry, are you referring to a siege on a conquest world, or just in general? You have always been able to attack your own troops in other peoples' cities. Though that isn't the case in sieges. Could you clarify? (Though, not here. Post it in the bugs section).

DeletedUser

Well... The road map is correct in that you will be able to store island quest rewards when they are released. Or at least, that is what The Envoy has said in a post somewhere.

Yes, you will be able to store the rewards from the island quests, which are coming soon.

About the daily reward:
As we will introduce a new daily reward feature, you can be sure that this new feature - the oracle prophecies - will make use of the inventory as well.

DeletedUser

I followed the upgrade thread here. Another feature of the new update is apparently you can beat the snot out of your own troops instead of "visiting" them.

Is this listed anyone or are we just supposed to find some of these things out by accident and learn the hard way

In regards to this update:
Whatever you have done it has made play via my phone once again an option. And for that, I thank you.

In regards to what I don't like:
This was mentioned, but to try to describe it differently -
The windows (senate, barracks, etc) now open so they cover the top action bar. For lack of a better way of wording it, they seem to fit to the top of the browser window, instead of to the bottom of the UI action bar. So they actually cover up the action bar, and must be moved most times.
Then, even if they are moved, they recenter back to cover up the UI action bar if you switch from one city to another. Since I find that I like to have multiple open windows when playing, and access the toolbar to do things needed, this simply prevents that from happening.

There are likely more things I will comment on, but this is what's immediately noticeable.

DeletedUser

The Roadmap and the Wiki contradict each other and cause ambiguity. Due to their wording, which is plain to see by anyone who has read both.

DeletedUser

Yes, you will be able to store the rewards from the island quests, which are coming soon.

About the daily reward:
As we will introduce a new daily reward feature, you can be sure that this new feature - the oracle prophecies - will make use of the inventory as well.

Sounds good, the inventory looks good so far, cant wait to use it :)

Richard

Strategos

As for the inventory feature, will comment when I see the next big Grepo-party.
Confirmed as not a bug. Attacking ghosts occupied by you has always resulted in a killed CS. Tea time only applies to owned cities.

DeletedUser18132

One question. Do I need to pay for the extra slot once per world, or if I buy it once it will unlock it on all the worlds?

DeletedUser

The Roadmap and the Wiki contradict each other and cause ambiguity. Due to their wording, which is plain to see by anyone who has read both.

The wiki is correct as is the forum announcement.
The forum announcement simply talks about features are not yet in the game, something that i chose not to do on the wiki.

DeletedUser18132

That's exactly why I asked the question.

it is a one-time payment
It said that, so I was really confused. You might want to change that to say once per world. :)

DeletedUser

All the time when you use trades overview it will be blank you gotta refresh all the time

Actually what I've found is that when a window opens up blank, it appears that an icon was falling (on the right side of the screen) at the same time that a window was opening (or any event with a falling icon). Neither will occur.

What I do is simply close the window and reopen it. This causes (for lack of a better or accurate way to describe it) a refresh, and both the icon(s) will drop and the window will open properly.