IO's latest blunder

DeletedUser

So, as if taking on Noble Intentions refugees wasn't creating enough animosity towards Imperial Order, they go for the repeat. Pilgrims, an alliance under attack from 3-4 sides crumbles as some of their better players go inactive. Several good pilgrim Players(not too many, but still some) still left. It wouldn't be too odd if IO picked up a couple. Instead, a very large amount (mainly bad players) are welcomed into IO.

I apologize if my language is harsh, but i fail to see the purpose. Is Imperial Order in that desperate need for member that they will let any player in?

Prior to these two actions, i was a big IO fan. I'm in the wrong part of the world to be with them, but i was cheering them on from a distance. After this latest action, combined with the NI merge, I've found I may have to rethink my opinions.

I don't mean this to be a rant, I would love to have someone in IO explain why it was a good strategic move. I'm just left scratching my head looking for answers.

DeletedUser

they needed a meatshield so they decided to reqruit random players so they slow down losing cities from their core players ;p

DeletedUser22977

Oh, you aren't the only one left scratching their head.

Some suspect that they are going the way of the Empire, trying to use numbers to crush a smaller sized but more talented enemy that they are otherwise losing their minds trying to defeat.

DeletedUser22977

they needed a meatshield so they decided to reqruit random players so they slow down losing cities from their core players ;p

This too. It's like how Russia took a bunch of eastern european countries to serve as a buffer zone for future invasions at the end of WW2

DeletedUser2595

Not sure to be honest. Pilgrims came to us saying they were looking for a home for 43 'active and worthwhile members'.

I assume IO ripped pilgrims arm off in their haste to take that 'great deal'...

DeletedUser49796

Be nice guys - there's probably a completely rational reason for this behaviour, even if it escapes most other players on the server :p

DeletedUser22977

So, it turns out that Kim Jung Il has taken over control of IO

which explains the logic and sanity behind their recent actions.