Is Grepolis Stagnating?

DeletedUser41523

Is it me or does this game feel like Grepo is nearing its hit a plateau? I've come back to Grepo on a incognito stint and it feels like all but the most hardcore players and a few straggling new players are joining new worlds now a days as they take longer and longer to fill. They of course eventually will fill, but they take longer and longer. If Grepolis has reached a plateau of activity then its likely the only way it has to go is down. Which leads me to point out how we might have gotten here.

1) Where is the WW revamp? If you say you're gonna do something, then do it. At this point it'd just be more honest and polite to say "screw off, its not happening." This really could have generated some interest around the community had other things like gold events not taken priority. Because of this I feel at least a few thousand players across the entire community probably felt like they were getting shafted and moved onto something else.

2) World Spamming, I know that its done and been done for over a year now. But in hindsight, the damage appears to be done. When worlds were being spammed admittedly they would hit their limits fairly quick. The argument was that the new players on the rim wouldn't have a chance...the counter argument being that the point of the rim was so that they would have a chance. This really could have kept a player base going instead of producing worlds that became barren wastelands of 2k or less people after a couple of months. This also could have kept a healthy profit flowing in. There's a reason Gamma took over a year to fall below 10k people despite being an older world...However people instead got spamming, which resulted in a lot of people joining a world, witnessing it quickly dying, and moving on until they eventually quit. Now Grepo always has a high turnover rate, that said anyone notice the weird trend where all the leaders we tend to follow typically started 2012 at the latest? Otherwise known as early to mid gen 2 worlds. Now there's of course exceptions. But my point is we don't really see many...or any... really popular or good 2014 leaders. In fact, unless they were trained by a older leader, i'm inclined to believe they don't exist. This one is for the leader community, but I feel the reason we got to where we are is because of the opportunities and experiences we had on long lasting worlds. Some of us have already proven that we can take our talents and experience to a less experienced server like the US Servers and just completely lay them out.

3) All these gold events, do we really need a Trojan War event? Are we going to get a Cupid event this year? Only instead of Cupid you just pay 100 gold for every manticore or harpy tab you want to buy? An event like Halloween and Easter can be awesome, especially if balanced well. However that's the problem, these events have gotten less and less balanced. Honestly i'd rather take the world spamming at this point than an event every 60 or so days. I feel a lot of people feel the same. I need to ask, does Inno think about the future consequences or just the short term? In the short term, yes you get more gold, people invested in this world, they want to play and win. In the future, you just killed the drives to play more world because getting manti bombed in sieges around the clock is annoying. I mean for godsake the Christmas event has Mantis, Erinyes, and Harpies in it, and really good spawn rates at that, I can get a erinyes nuke going on a 2 speed world with one city...Think about this, new worlds opened and when BP falls in my world, I will already have an erninyes nuke. Good fight island...Oh and when that dies i'm going to have manticores and harpies ready to come play. This irks people and makes people not want to play, I can personally promise you that I will make at least 25 people quit the game on my own within a few days of BP ending. Now account for that across all the alliances. And most of us don't want to do it, but sadly its do that or get wiped out by flier/erns nukes. If i'm playing then I need to be competitive.

And I think this is why we hit this plateau. There's just this feeling that Inno doesn't care for its players. Its pretty clear to me now that Inno didn't even stop spamming worlds for its player's sake. It stopped because people were no longer joining them. For over nearly six years, I've analyzed why alliances fell. Now I fear that I might be analyzing why Grepo itself is falling. If that's the case, I want to say I loved this community and all the laughs and discussions that we had. things sometimes got pretty heated, there's been some rivalries that formed but its honestly been the community that's keep me playing for this long and inspired me to come back multiple times.

DeletedUser

As a relatively new comer to grepolis, there is speak of a time before instant-buy and all these cash cow events, a time where inno cared about its player base. But i dont think i will ever get to experience that and have to settle for myth nukes flying at me every hour of the day; finally killed someones manti nuke? Don't worry, they'll have another one in 4 hours.

GG INNO

DeletedUser

I've been here almost since the start but en67 ends in a couple of days, when it does I'll be deleting out of en88 as well and walking away. The gameplay has pretty much disappeared over the years, the constant events and gold spammers have just killed the game.

DeletedUser48021

TSF, the games been in decline for a while.
The introduction of instabuy killed off a lot of players like you said and the constant gold events is turning people off.

What I think is happening is, Inno is just beating whatever cash they can out of the game while they can.
It's like they know its to late to save the game or have a return to glory days of Grepo.

DeletedUser51727

OP very nicely summed it up, the game is more and more resembles Goldwhoreopolis every year. Inno is milking their dying cash cow for all it is worth.

DeletedUser41523

I've been here almost since the start but en67 ends in a couple of days, when it does I'll be deleting out of en88 as well and walking away. The gameplay has pretty much disappeared over the years, the constant events and gold spammers have just killed the game.

I think I might finish off my current incognito world and do the same. Maybe i'll bring in a few friends for one last ride.

DeletedUser13405

I think I might finish off my current incognito world and do the same. Maybe i'll bring in a few friends for one last ride.

:cool:

Adapt, overcome...improvise. Its not the game I started playing in 2010, but its not awful and dying a painful death either, IMHO. Carphi has been a blast...we need more of this Inno. Balance the events, revamp WWs and lets roll. And bring me that intense speed world!

Nice to see you are back about TSF.

DeletedUser41523

I'm playing in US Gela with some friends. Was 2/2 conq no morale and looked fun.