Is it worth coming back ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser48257
  • Start date

DeletedUser48257

None of you probably know me , but i have been in a fair few servers , EN46 Zakros, golgi , kesmani, sinope , bhrytos , emporion ... the list goes on. I quit grepo around 6-7 months ago due to exams. I was willing to make a comeback but i saw on the forums that there has been a lot of negativity against the devs, the game becoming P2W and money grabbing. My question is, is it worthwhile to invest my time on this game ? Is it still as enjoyable as it once was ?

DeletedUser30636

None of you probably know me , but i have been in a fair few servers , EN46 Zakros, golgi , kesmani, sinope , bhrytos , emporion ... the list goes on. I quit grepo around 6-7 months ago due to exams. I was willing to make a comeback but i saw on the forums that there has been a lot of negativity against the devs, the game becoming P2W and money grabbing. My question is, is it worthwhile to invest my time on this game ? Is it still as enjoyable as it once was ?
I wouldn't say it's AS enjoyable but it is still fun. Some of the features they added suck and the golding gets annoying. But the core aspect of the game still exists so if your willing to adapt a little the game can still be loads of fun, kind of just depends if your willing to relearn some stuff. If your a revolt player PM me about a premade though :)

DeletedUser54432

DeletedUser54432

Yes it is worth.Its not just gold that dictate game .right alliance. Right strategy and long time makes u winner. I played Imbros.enjoyed a lot bcz my alliance is best

DeletedUser17591

I have been playing for about 6 years now, and I like Grepolis as much now, as when I started.

Sure, there are things that make it difficult for a casual user, like players who regularly use Gold, and play with the phone app, especially in a group of players that all play this way, and DEMAND the same from their whole alliance. But after all, Gold sales is how Inno makes their money to keep the servers open. There are plenty of ways to spend it in the game.

One thing I have noticed about more experienced players, is an apparent distaste for Speed 1 worlds. If you just want to be a casual player, try one of these worlds, and try to move out to the RIM (someone may even help you get there). The action out there is slower. If you are worried about having cities taken because you are smaller, Try a world like EN45 (Hyperborea), where there IS NO conquest. Many players also use Skype or Discord to communicate, and quickly share information and just general chatting outside the game.