Answered Is the Time Shown for arrival on attacks/supports an estimate or exact?

• Thread starter DeletedUser13647
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13647

So I took a couple years break since the last time I played, and even longer since the last time I played very seriously. Just today I was trying to snipe a CS and the game informed me that my support would arrive at 20:18:33 (my window was 30 seconds to 35 seconds to hit it), when I double checked the arrival time of the traveling support it said it was arriving at 20:18:29, ruining my timing. (I'm against a player/alliance far larger than me so sniping was my only chance to hold the city). I decided to try again without sending the DLU in slow transports cause I knew from a Wisdom I had enough biremes to sink the CS.

Unfortunately life happened and I wasn't able to get the timing properly. So my question is this, is the time the game tells you your support will arrive supposed to be an estimation? If not and it was a bug is there any way I can get this resolved since I'm losing a city as a result of this?

DeletedUser13647

It is no estimation, but unfortunately all worlds have an anti-timer mechanism of +/- 30 secs.

where is this information available? would've been really nice to know this.

DeletedUser54421

Unfortunately anti-timer is a thing, otherwise this game would be way too easy for those w/ the time lol. People that attempt to time attacks already get a big advantage (as they should)

DeletedUser13647

Unfortunately when against an alliance with 4 times as many cities as you it's hard to defend without using timing :/. guess that's what happens when you join a server late.

DeletedUser13647

Also I feel like you shouldn't have to go to the wiki to know that the game is gonna mess with travel times, that information should probably be more readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.