Is there a beginners world?

DeletedUser56560

Is there a world where beginners actually have time to build up their city before being conquered? I just started the game about a week ago and I've been spending that time building up my city (which is about 1200 points). As soon as the beginner's protection wore off I was inundated with attacks and now I've lost my city and have to start over. Why bother if it's going to happen again?

I know there will be comments saying "well, stop bitching and just join an alliance". I tried but being so low in points no decent alliance would take me. And the alliance I am in wasn't helping (I'm not sure they could) and now I'm back at square zero.

So, is there a world where the protection lasts longer? Or where small cities that beginners have just started building up are left alone? Because I just don't see a point in spending any more time (and certainly not spending any money) on this game if not.

curadh

Phrourach
I don't know what speed server you were on but to only build to 1200 points in a week is very poor and even on a mid speed server any player could build past that within a day of starting and most could have 2-3 cities at least before end of beginners protection without spending any money on .. maybe you should play the casual server Nauctratis (en112) where your main city can't be taken until you have learn't the game?

1saaa

Strategos
@Sorrow. First of all tough luck mate. Here is the advice i would give:

1. Join an alliance. Most good alliances will display their recruitment officers in the profile. Talk to those people. A lot of alliances will let in smaller newer players if they have room as long as they are willing to learn and grow.

2. Once your in an alliance do not be afraid to ask for help from leaders or fellow players. This is the best way to learn the ropes.

3. Participate in alliance OP's (even if its just a spy or a spell) and help others in defence.

Thats some general advice from one noob to another :) As Curadh said the casual world would also be a great option to learn the ropes :)

DeletedUser56580

try a slow server speed 1 and better revolt than conquest. if it has morale active even better. wait for a week to pass and you ll avoid been close to action this way. rim is always more quiet

DeletedUser17591

One thing that I noticed when I first started playing Grepolis (about 8 years ago now) is that I didn't notice the opportunity to choose the type of server that you start on. You generally got sent to the latest server that was open at the time. Clicking on 'Other Worlds' on the login screen takes you to the world screen. Click on the tabs to expand and view the world settings. The various settings are described elsewhere.

Choosing a Revolt or Conquest world is a matter of personal preference. the difference has to do with the method used to conquer a city.
Cities on Hyperborea (EN45) can NOT be conquered. it is a Conquest world. There is NO Endgame, so the server doesn't have any defined end. it also does not use heroes. Nauctrais (EN112) is a Revolt server, and might not be as easy for someone just starting out. It is also a Speed 2 world.

More experienced players will generally stay away from a Speed 1 world, as they feel it moves too slow. The beginning days of a server can sometimes prove to be very cut-throat at times. Slower and newer players will get "Rimmed" and have to start over on the outside of the map. That makes them a good choice for new players.

css1981

Phrourach
It would be great if Inno wil release a new Hyperborea world. This could either be with revolt or conquest but without an endgame. I am not interested anymore to start in En45 because it's impossible to catch up with everybody there :) But I would def. start in a new hyperborea. That would be a great world for all beginning players @Baudin Toolan

DeletedUser52860

Try starting a slower revolt world around 4 weeks after it has opened up and you should be further out from the core. This should grant you a bit more time to establish yourself and find an alliance to play in. It will always help if you can join an alliance that uses Skype or discord as you can communicate faster with players who are actually online and you will build stronger relationships.

Also you have to be aware Grepolis requires lots of time and in game activity so if you only want to log on once or twice a day it’s probably not the game for you. I would also suggest you need to be able to spend a little bit of gold to get the best out of the game mechanics. Whether this is your own cash or gold you have traded for resources in the market if you can get enough to keep the premium advisors on it will really help.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Try starting a slower revolt world around 4 weeks after it has opened up and you should be further out from the core. This should grant you a bit more time to establish yourself and find an alliance to play in. It will always help if you can join an alliance that uses Skype or discord as you can communicate faster with players who are actually online and you will build stronger relationships.

Also you have to be aware Grepolis requires lots of time and in game activity so if you only want to log on once or twice a day it’s probably not the game for you. I would also suggest you need to be able to spend a little bit of gold to get the best out of the game mechanics. Whether this is your own cash or gold you have traded for resources in the market if you can get enough to keep the premium advisors on it will really help.

Thats a good suggestion. I also think that a beginner needs to accept his first world is a learning one. I remember being a noob and it does take time to learn whats going on. I think it was easier long ago though because the worlds were so much bigger we had whole oceans of noobs who learnt from each other.

If you try something slower, join an alliance and get as much info as you can from them and read the wiki a bit thats a start. Then if you have questions please ask us via the support function we are always happy to help.

There is also Naucratis our casual world. There you can at all times protect one city and attacks are limited to other players within 20% of your points. If your last city is conquered in a normal world you may transfer that city complete with heroes and inventory to Naucratis as a starting boost.

This is the wiki info: https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Casual_Worlds

Hydna

Grepolis Team
We can feed that back.

Naucratis is where the game automatically directs the casual player at the moment.