Is this world going to die.

DeletedUser

No whiskey or scotch fans around? What a shame. Cocktails are one form of drink, but an appreciation of pure refined liquor (that which isn't diluted or mixed to the point of no recognition) is another thing altogether.

In saying this, we have gone very much off topic. I'm not sure what the criteria is for this world to be 'dying', but I see it as going the same way as other great worlds have; that of Alpha, Beta, Gamma, etc... eventually there will be 1,000-2,000 players left, and another 2-3 years down the track, half of either of those numbers. The only point of contention where Psi has ceased its activity is on the externals, and what a monumental loss that is.

DeletedUser

No whiskey or scotch fans around? What a shame. Cocktails are one form of drink, but an appreciation of pure refined liquor (that which isn't diluted or mixed to the point of no recognition) is another thing altogether.

In saying this, we have gone very much off topic. I'm not sure what the criteria is for this world to be 'dying', but I see it as going the same way as other great worlds have; that of Alpha, Beta, Gamma, etc... eventually there will be 1,000-2,000 players left, and another 2-3 years down the track, half of either of those numbers. The only point of contention where Psi has ceased its activity is on the externals, and what a monumental loss that is.

It's fairly normal that activety would decrease this stage. especially considering there were many here that declared this would be their last world suggesting that they were on their last legs.

Also hero worlds opening will clearly have an impact.

However so far things are still going off.. so we'll see what tomorrow brings ;)

DeletedUser

Of course, I do remember when there were 50,000-55,000 recorded members of Psi during the first 3 months (according to grepolis stats), now it has shrunk to less than 5,000, as is customary with most worlds. This is what I tend to love about early gameplay, is the sheer volume of players to fight; too many end up leaving just because they lose a city or end up being a farm. Where is the real sense of competition? I would even prefer to fight players with a grudge or sense of vengeance as at least they have some sense of loyalty or need to fight on, but this is little more than an idealism.

In terms of people who say this will be their last world; I've heard that many times even from people who are currently topping the rankings, but I know that many tend to come back if they do leave. I'm even guilty of saying this at times, as I did once upon a time in Zeta. :D

DeletedUser

fotns and saint said it was their last world.. so we await their return ;)