Wish List Island end game

DeletedUser

Proposal:
A new end game idea where you win based on how much territory you control.

Reason:
So many ideas flying around and I wanted to add one.

Details:
The first thing we need to establish is all cities who's controlling player is an alliance and the city has 3500 points will raise an island flag.
You get so many points depending on how much you control the island:

If you control no part of the island you get no points.
If you have less than 50% of the islands flags you get 3 points
If you have more than 50% of the islands flags you get 7 points
If your alliance is the only alliance raising flag you get 12 points

This is for large islands with farming villages. Small islands with no farming villages you get a third of the points depending on your control. You can't raise a flag in an ocean which does not have 75% of their large islands points available for conquest or colonization.

It occurs at normal WW requirement stage and lasts 2 months on a speed 1 world, 1 month on a speed 2 and 2 weeks on a speed 3 at the end of it one with most points wins world.

Visual Aids: none I can mange or would be any use.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: The balance of the numbers might be dodge and need changing but at first thought I see no easy way to abuse the system but if you do things can be changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22708

Not a bad idea mate. But it's still a simmers endgame... people will just colonize every open spot on their islands to get the max amount of points. Look at OV in rhammus that have 1500 cities in 1 ocean due to colonizing all over the place instead of taking enemy cities. Well that's just my opinion of course

DeletedUser

it might not work out like that exactly since it would be more about taking 1 city on an enemy island to deny them 5 points and gain 3 points.

DeletedUser44167

Would be interesting as a alternate path to victory

Could win by WWs
or
Gaining territory
or
In my end game thing I gave Victory Points for destroying wonders
(Destroying a WW would give the Alliance "Victory Points"
Amount of "Victory Points" depending on the Level of WW reduced
Reducing a lvl 6 to lvl 5 would reward the Alliance with more "Victory Points"
than reducing a Lvl 1 to Lvl 0

These "Victory Points" will expire in time and low Lvl WW points expire faster than
points rewarded for higher Lvl WW

Accumulate enough Victory Points within a certain time frame (2 months) to gain a Military Victory)

Would need a new tab in rankings to show which alliance was close to victory

DeletedUser

maybe but this is about the idea so can we try and talk about this one.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of victory points, but maybe they can be gained if you take a city from another alliance. Use small scale so like 1 point if the alliance is smaller than you in points, 2 if they are equal (extremely rare of course), 3 for taking a city from a bigger alliance. Would bring the fighting element back into the game and alliances will be smaller, more coordinated, and smaller alliances might have more of a chance in winning.

This a good idea? I can develop it and open it in a new subject if it is, like how exactly the winning alliance is decided etc...

DeletedUser8396

Reminder: Inno is revamping the end game currently. This will not go to a vote until we see what they have and see it in practice. Thank you.

DeletedUser

oh fair enough if we are lucky it might get voted on next new year.

DeletedUser

Reminder: Inno is revamping the end game currently. This will not go to a vote until we see what they have and see it in practice. Thank you.

I must've been away when it was announced that Inno were revamping the end game. Good news :D

Zarun-

Strategos

Yup. :)

This is a bad idea anyway, we want WW to be about skill - not who's the best simmer or who has the most members.

DeletedUser

and you measure skill how since you appear to speak for the whole of grepolis?

DeletedUser

this is not about your idea. it does not sound bad but make your own thread for it.

DeletedUser

I just wanted to know if it's worth opening or not, that's all. I might do it later on.

Sorry?

DeletedUser48257

I think it's a decent idea , inno could and should add this , but i think i need a bit more info on the points
Englighten me :D