Island Quests Discussion Thread

DeletedUser19042

You guys might want to have a rethink on this one for a non-age regulated game, not sure many parents of 14 year olds will be happy to explain this one to their kids...

The Brothel
Your adviser approaches you grinning widely. "We have money left over this year for beautifying the city. The noble quarter is lacking a good brothel, which you surely know. Such a construction would damage your reputation among the people a little, but you would be able to count on the military support of the aristocracy. We could, of course, also use the money to upgrade the city gardens, but that would require a little more money in addition."

Well eumh...this man does have a point. If we want to keep this game for all ages, then we have a tiny problem? I agree that not many parents want to explain this to their kid. :p

DeletedUser

I don't see this really critical. You already kill soldiers in Grepolis and make (virtual) families fatherless.

So is a brothel not better than killing poor soldiers? ;)

To be more serious:
Ethics are a different topic depending on the culture (or country) you live in. Grepolis is an international game and thus some things might be harsh in some regions. What if there is some religious group that worships horses? You can kill horsemen in Grepolis ... so in the end, it's always hard to draw a line.

DeletedUser19042

I don't see this really critical. You already kill soldiers in Grepolis and make (virtual) families fatherless.

To be more serious:
Ethics are a different topic depending on the culture (or country) you live in. Grepolis is an international game and thus some things might be harsh in some regions. What if there is some religious group that worships horses? You can kill horsemen in Grepolis ... so in the end, it's always hard to draw a line.

lol. Good explanation. :D

DeletedUser21320

To be more serious:
Children pretend to "kill eachother" in a school playground from a young age and realise its make believe. However I don't think I've ever seen any asking other children if they can pay them for sex acts...
It's easy to explain to children that someone is playing dead however informing them about paying others for sex seems to be crossing a different line

DeletedUser

Parents could still say:
"That's a place where you get a massage and some nice company if you pay for it."

It's not even a lie. :D

DeletedUser19042

True dat.

But at one part I do agree with dave though

DeletedUser40946

hey guys when you get your reward for doing the challenge and you store it how can you use and where do you find your stored stuff

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Quests should have a big impact on the beginning of a world, it will give new players something to do while they figure out what the game is all about. So more might stay and it could cut down on the 70% 175 point cities.

DeletedUser

It's ok to have brothels about the game. But it's not ok to call someone an idiot in the forum. Reason for that is we have younger players about.. Go figure

DeletedUser

There are far more explicit things that young kids could access... If they're on the internet, they're just 1 google search away from all kinds of things.
If parents are letting their kids go on the internet then they can't complain when they come with questions. :p
"Daddy, i saw this photo on facebook where.... etc etc etc'

Just ma view of course. :)

DeletedUser20921

What happens if you have Forced Loyalty and the flip at the same time? Would they cancel each other or would the effects work at the same time?

DeletedUser

There are far more explicit things that young kids could access... If they're on the internet, they're just 1 google search away from all kinds of things.
If parents are letting their kids go on the internet then they can't complain when they come with questions. :p
"Daddy, i saw this photo on facebook where.... etc etc etc'

Just ma view of course. :)

Of course just your view. Still people get infractions in the forums for using "rude" language. Where does prostitution fit in to this?

DeletedUser35344

If I don't have any troops in the city I can't complete the quest. That's fine, but there is no way to cancel the quest either. A "cancel quest" button would be very useful.

Achileus85

Phrourach
Where is new quests? Was said that new quests appear every 3 hours (for my size), but since yesterday I did not get any new quests.

DeletedUser345

You guys might want to have a rethink on this one for a non-age regulated game, not sure many parents of 14 year olds will be happy to explain this one to their kids...

The Brothel
Your adviser approaches you grinning widely. "We have money left over this year for beautifying the city. The noble quarter is lacking a good brothel, which you surely know. Such a construction would damage your reputation among the people a little, but you would be able to count on the military support of the aristocracy. We could, of course, also use the money to upgrade the city gardens, but that would require a little more money in addition."

You really must naive to think that 14 year old kids will be that innocent... besides they would be more likely to google it thank ask there parents - do you think of them as 7 year olds or something?

DeletedUser

If I don't have any troops in the city I can't complete the quest. That's fine, but there is no way to cancel the quest either. A "cancel quest" button would be very useful.

An Island Quest will automatically disappear after 24 hours if you do ignore it.

DeletedUser

yesterday during the day, I used (Forced loyalty) to get resources from barbarian villages.
aaaaaaa.png

and how the appeal comes folded, managed to get the most from each village, around 18hours yesterday no longer could collect more .. and this well today ..

with input from the daily bonus believed started all villages, but that did not happen.

somebody else have this problem?

DeletedUser38487

Since they have introduced improved attack and improved defense I think it should be added to the simulator.

DeletedUser

Grepolis producers have chosen the right path by adding these new features. Great job! Love you guys and girls!