Island Quests Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Clarification needed on "improved troops movement" quest reward

can somebody from support please clarify the followin

"The Stranded Captain" quest, which is rewarded with "Improved troop movement" says "units from your city are traveling faster than usual - your units travel 30% faster for 4 Hours".

1. Does this apply to both land units and ships?
2. Does this apply at the moment you click "attack" or "support" if the reward is active? ie if i have normalle a 9h travel time
and a i have this reward acrive, the travel time willbe 6h instead?

i need an answer urgently please as this is important for a live op and i have only 1 reward to use so i cannot test it directly

many thanks for your help

DeletedUser41002

I am wondering why no Quests show up. It did the first 2 days, but there has not been a single one the last 3 days. Is that how its supposed to work? 2 days of the game and then never again?

DeletedUser

I am wondering why no Quests show up. It did the first 2 days, but there has not been a single one the last 3 days. Is that how its supposed to work? 2 days of the game and then never again?

Same here... Didn't show up many the first 2 days either. I did send in a support ticket.... pretty useless answer as usual.

Hello Shingzu,

I am sorry you are experiencing this problem.

I have logged into your account and everything seems to be working normally.

Issues of this type can often be fixed by refreshing your browser with Ctrl-F5, or by clearing your cache.

If you are unsure on how to clear your browser cache, you can find more information here.

If this does not help, updating your browser or trying a different browser may improve things for you.

If the problem still persists after you have tried all these measures please write back and I will try to help further.

DeletedUser41002

Tried Google Chrome, and it actually showed me a quest right away. Sad if we have to change browsers every 2 hours to see if there are new quests.

DeletedUser

Tried Google Chrome, and it actually showed me a quest right away. Sad if we have to change browsers every 2 hours to see if there are new quests.

I am using Chrome,and all i have to do is to refresh the page once in a while.

DeletedUser345

Same here... Didn't show up many the first 2 days either. I did send in a support ticket.... pretty useless answer as usual.

Are you serious? You were quite told what the problem was and the fix to it, how is that useless. As for the other guy I would advise playing on google chrome anyway as in general it is a much better browser.

On a completely unrelated matter, its really sad how all the best rewards are from doing the bad path :( I want to be the good guy but its not a viable option.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's a game of war and conquer, so being bad is a quality here... just look at all the treacheries and stuff happening between alliances. Almost every big alliance has spies in it (and spies in others)...

I prefer playing this on Chrome too..... IE was too slow, Firefox has some bugs or so :s

DeletedUser

On a completely unrelated matter, its really sad how all the best rewards are from doing the bad path :( I want to be the good guy but its not a viable option.
Same :(. At least all my rewards for being bad are stacking so I have to be good a lot.

DeletedUser345

It's a game of war and conquer, so being bad is a quality here... just look at all the treacheries and stuff happening between alliances. Almost every big alliance has spies in it (and spies in others)...

Are you serious? I thought all I had to do was grow a city and then colonise somewhere else and grow that, at the same time sending resources to the world wonders.

DeletedUser

Are you serious? I thought all I had to do was grow a city and then colonise somewhere else and grow that, at the same time sending resources to the world wonders.

Unfortunately, some people really do play it this way :p

Real wars were even worse... one side would send prostitutes over to the other side in order to distract the soldiers before slaughtering them, for example.

Wonder if Innogames will ever come up with this.. doesn't need to to be hookers, but for example sending booze to make ennemy troops 20% weaker before attacking them :p

DeletedUser

Are you serious? You were quite told what the problem was and the fix to it, how is that useless. As for the other guy I would advise playing on google chrome anyway as in general it is a much better browser.

I am very serious. It doesn't help to refresh, or to use Chrome. There is no quests.....

DeletedUser23986

I do not get quests in achilles, without logging in and out a couple of times, which is very irritating!!!

Achileus85

Phrourach
These island quests is great thing and I really like it. But as we can see, islands with villages become important and important all the time. For first these villages, which became more important than in old version of game (I played game long time ago, in Eta), now quests which do not appear on islands without villages. Then I have a question - how do you guys think peoples will build their cities on islands without villages? Then why these islands exist, if less and less peoples make their cities on that islands. I have a idea that you could make these islands more resources productive, for example all 3 types of resources would be with + sign (now there in every island is one minus, one neutral, and one plus resource, that was what I mean), so in that case more peoples will build their cities on that islands.
I hope you understand what I mean. I am sorry if my English is not very well, that's not my native language.
Sincerely,
Achileus.

DeletedUser

I am sorry, there is an issue (bug) regarding the emergence of Island Quests. We are currently investigating the cause.

DeletedUser345

I am very serious. It doesn't help to refresh, or to use Chrome. There is no quests.....

I apoligise it is not refreshing that does the job it is logging in and out I have it on Achilles, also quests are only appearing on one island - nothing on the other :?

DeletedUser13405

I have them on both my islands in Achillies and they are great for those just starting out in a new world. Very helpful! If you were playing a 100 city account, I can see that they may not be so useful, but they help tremendously when starting out.

DeletedUser14397

I apoligise it is not refreshing that does the job it is logging in and out I have it on Achilles, also quests are only appearing on one island - nothing on the other :?

your wrong that doesn't work either

DeletedUser

I am not impressed so far. These things are horribly repetitious even after only a few days. The constant flow of improved attack and defense threatens to completely unbalance the game and render the spy less useful and the battle simulator functionally useless. Many of the rewards do not work as advertised or are unclear in the wording. The risk/reward ratio varies wildly. The whole thing introduces a huge element of chance into the game. I prefer games where diligence, skill, strategy, and tactics prevail. If I want to gamble, I go to Monte Carlo or Las Vegas. This additional element of luck makes it less likely that I will invest money into the purchase of gold...

DeletedUser22650

It seems it was as I thought, early in game awesome bonuses and buffs, late in game massive defence buffs completely out of proportion to the attack buffs, along with the phenomenon of the defensive mercenary that was brought about by shared dbp it's another step towards sim city, I think inno don't want anyone conquered because then they stop paying for cuts