Island Quests Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

This is so frustrating... On the day of release how do we not see these things. even i do not get any island quest. What a bad release by innogames.

DeletedUser

I have them ^^ I like them, they are something fun to do, and they dont take over the game like they could have. We will see how that changes with heroes though.

DeletedUser18132

Still can't find them, can someone in pretty rainbow colors please help me?

DeletedUser34939

I'm getting so frustrated. All my friends have island quests already but I don't... is it something to do with me?

I feel like that fat kid getting picked last for dodgeball.

DeletedUser23986

quest.jpg
I believe the developers/designers didn't bother about the quests, just put some random numbers in. I neeed to send 120units for get back 6chariots. Really poor choice.....isn't it? That too, when i have less than 4k point city, so this cannot be dependent on your level as claimed in the wiki!

DeletedUser40895

Does anyone know if these quests reward battlepoints?
For example: I now have to slay 32 slingers and 60 hoplites. Will I get battlepoints or not? Reason for asking is that on world Sestos, where beginners protection is still active, people already have scored some battlepoints. This seems like the only explanation to me.

DeletedUser

View attachment 8559
I believe the developers/designers didn't bother about the quests, just put some random numbers in. I neeed to send 120units for get back 6chariots. Really poor choice.....isn't it? That too, when i have less than 4k point city, so this cannot be dependent on your level as claimed in the wiki!

The units which you send to the Island Quest are not lost. It's working like a "support". ;)
You can recall your units whenever you want and they will automatically come back as you finished the quest.

Does anyone know if these quests reward battlepoints?
For example: I now have to slay 32 slingers and 60 hoplites. Will I get battlepoints or not? Reason for asking is that on world Sestos, where beginners protection is still active, people already have scored some battlepoints. This seems like the only explanation to me.

Yes, you get battle points for killing Island Quest units.

DeletedUser

The units which you send to the Island Quest are not lost. It's working like a "support". ;)
You can recall your units whenever you want and they will automatically come back as you finished the quest.

Yes, you get battle points for killing Island Quest units.

Yes, try it before you complain Hasan :p

Great, it will add quite a bit more excitement in the early game stage if people are able to have more slots earlier!

DeletedUser23986

Yes, try it before you complain Hasan :p

Great, it will add quite a bit more excitement in the early game stage if people are able to have more slots earlier!
Oh, but the text is not clear. It should have said it! Of course, my 3.5k city is not sacrificing, so many units for 6 chariots.

But, why are the quests not spawning fast enough???

DeletedUser

Oh, but the text is not clear. It should have said it! Of course, my 3.5k city is not sacrificing, so many units for 6 chariots.

But, why are the quests not spawning fast enough???

What do you mean?
If you have 175 to 10.000 points in total, a new quest will emerge every 2 hours.
10.001 to 50.000 points -> every 3 hours.
50.001 points and more -> every 4 hours.

As a late game player already has a lot of cities to manage, wars to fight etc., we didn't want to distract these players.

DeletedUser

Does world speed not affect it?

Nope! Imagine a new player on a Speed 4 world. He would have to do an Island Quest every 30 minutes in that case.

Also, most of the rewards already scale with the world speed. +50% wood production nets you more wood on a speed 4 world due to the already higher base production. ;)

DeletedUser23986

Thanks for clearing it up. i will pass it out to the wiki mod.

But i only got 2 island quests in achilles. i believe, i should have 2 more.

Btw, i will rather like to imagine a speed 4 :p And most quests are rather easy to do, like waiting xyz mins, or sending few troops to support, or donating a few hundred resources.

DeletedUser21320

The vast majority of these quests I have seen so far seem include the requirement to send troops in either support or attack, however the large majority of skilled players will build approximately 50% of their cities not to include any land units (Bir and LS nukes). Effectively unless they want to kill their ships they cannot pursue that avenue for reward if it spawns in any of that type of their cities. I think this does need to be thought about as I've had one quest so far turn up in an LS city where I haven't been able to fulfill the path I've chosen without a lot of effort...

DeletedUser33216

if I get extra 100 pop, is it a permanent feature for a chosen city, or when I lose them in the battle I will get the same number as anywhere else

DeletedUser

Very interasting.
However,i can't be sure how good is it until a few days pass and i can actualy get an idea on how it works.

DeletedUser

if I get extra 100 pop, is it a permanent feature for a chosen city, or when I lose them in the battle I will get the same number as anywhere else

The extra population from the 7 Day Login Bonus is a permanent effect for one chosen city. If that city gets conquered, the effect will be removed. So you better take care of the boosted city! ;)

DeletedUser

I was lied to about the world speed affecting it. :D
I'll change it now.

I like 'em. The beginning of the game can be rather boring, when you have only 1 city. This'll make it more enjoyable. :) Good job Mr Envoy :p

DeletedUser21320

You guys might want to have a rethink on this one for a non-age regulated game, not sure many parents of 14 year olds will be happy to explain this one to their kids...

The Brothel
Your adviser approaches you grinning widely. "We have money left over this year for beautifying the city. The noble quarter is lacking a good brothel, which you surely know. Such a construction would damage your reputation among the people a little, but you would be able to count on the military support of the aristocracy. We could, of course, also use the money to upgrade the city gardens, but that would require a little more money in addition."