Newspaper Issue #1 Oct. 1st "STOP THE MADNESS"

DeletedUser

Let Me Just Say:

Ladies and Gentlemen, hoplites and slingers, noobs and pros welcome to the first Newspaper. If you like the paper please plus rep me. If you have any suggestions or questions please pm me in-game and I will be sure to include them in the next Newspaper.

Highlights of the Week

War Breaks Out Between D.N. And Apollyon
tumblr_lxkkbsaOOH1qiwyf5o1_400.jpg

A Group Of Oppressed Alliances Joins Forces To Stop The Madness
Oil-and-Gas-Companies-Join-Forces-in-Driving-Australias-Technology-Development.jpg

D.N. Prepares There Armies
Star-Wars-Lego-Droid-Army-4.jpg

Apollyon Builds There Walls and Swords
How-to-Build-a-Brick-Wall1.jpg

D.N. Gains The Most ABP In The World(22,281 ABP)
img-thing

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congratulations to lathaniell of D.N. For conquering the first city

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I went behind the scenes and interviewed the founder of D.N. who's name is DeathwishX13

Q: You guys are leading in ABP. Has this brought many enemies against you and do you think you will be able to handle all the counter attacks you may get?

A: It's safe to say we aren't making any friends so far. There is a 7-8 alliance coalition of alliances who have all banded together against us lead byApollyon. I think we can handle their counter attacks fairly easy, had a few cities cleared out by them but we are good at providing LTS to those cities which is why we are also leading the DBP boards.

Q: Who have you targeted the most?

A: The better question is who haven't we targeted? An old and simple rule here; If it isn't blue it's red. If I had to pick one though, I'd have to sayApollyon.

Q: Your in 2nd place in ocean 55. Do you hope to pass Apollyon for the number 1 spot or do you think its fair to see that Apollyon has control over 55 for good?

A: Overall points don't mean anything to me. Usually I run much smaller alliances, but I couldn't leave the homies on the street. Take a closer look at the numbers, and you'll see they have 20 more cities, and only 3k more points. Apollyon won't even exist in a week let alone control this ocean.

Q: How do you tell if a alliance is good? Or what do you look for in a good alliance?

A: Communication and coordination. It doesn't matter how many "elite" players you have, or how much experience you have. The key is how well they all gel and work together. Strong leadership is required for this to happen, and knowing everyone from past worlds definitely helps ;) Beyond that I think an aggressive play style is also vital to a good alliance.

Q: Do you think this will be one of the better worlds you have played in your many years of experience?

A: I've played in many worlds, and to date Sigma has been my favorite. This world has all the same ingredients though and could match or exceed it in my opinion. Perfect settings, active player base, no shortage of competition and of course all the people I've enjoyed playing the game with over the years!

Q: There are many different pre-mades from many different worlds. At least 3/4 of the top 10 are pre-mades. Do you think this will make fighting tougher due to some alliances allied on other worlds will ally here as well. Such as EO and TCF?

A: I am really happy to see so many pre-made alliances here. It will be a fresh change of pace from the 1-2 dominant alliances running through a bunch of MRA's and turning the world inactive (cough cough MoS). Make the fighting tougher? No. More fun? Yes. Everyone enjoys a good war, and I believe there will be many here. I played Pella, but never ran into TCF or EO so I don't know how well they work together, guess we'll see when they get into their first wars, right?

Q: Where do most of your people come from? And did you recruit anyone that just joined the world? Or are you in all out TRUE pre made?

A: Most of our guys come from D.N. Sigma, The Association in Corinth, and a lot of the top alliances in Pella. To be honest I came here with only a handful of guys from Pella, and last minute had a lot of interest from the guys in Sigma, which is why we didn't do a timed entrance. I wouldn't even really call us a pre-made, things just kind of fell in place for us. I tend to get around, so once we got things up and running many friends from past worlds saw us here and wanted in.

Then I went and interviewed the founders of Apollyon the 2 founders: Lokifire and abhishek sehgal

Q: D.N. has a lot of people near conquest. How will you guys defend against the CS's that will head to your cities?

A: We already know D.N. has people near conquest but we are not worried as we too have some people reaching that stage. About defending almost all our ppls are experienced in warfare and we all know how to defend effectively. We are not worried about them conquering us as this is a new world and in new worlds defenders have an advantage.

Q: If you did not know already many pre-mades have came to this world. They come from different worlds. Do you think this will make being the best harder?

A: Being the best doesn't depend on how many pre-mades are there, it purely depends on how good co-operation skills an alliance have even if it has totally new ppls and we are lucky we at least do not

Q: What did you look for in selecting/recruiting your members?

A: Their ability to cope and their history in grepostats. We also looked for activeness. If they did not meet requirements in the alliance profile we gave them a period of time to gain points and many did so without much pressure. Member selection was hard but most members met the requirement and now we are one of the best and we are selecting very few members in requirement. Though some think we are a MRA alliance, they are wrong we are not a MRA and we only invite capable ppls who are highly active, Otherwise they get kicked.

Q: Why did you feel the need to create a Academy? That is a sign people use to tell if a alliance is a MRA normally so why did you feel the need to create another alliance?

A: First it is not an academy as we do not train people in it and send to the main branch or accept incapable or noob ppls. Second we created it due to the requests on alliance forms as the member capacity was full and many friends of ppls wanted to join the alliance and many experienced ppls also wanted to join it. This is still NOT MRA as we do not mass invite and only invite if asked or if the ppl is known from another world.

Q: How do you plan to stay rulers of ocean 55?

A: We're not rulers of ocean 55, we have a strong opposition. DN controls this ocean and will pretty hard to take their place, but we sure will try our best to give them a good fight.

Q: What is your alliance's goals?

A: Our goal is obviously to take over the ocean, right not we're trying to figure out where we stand and work our way up from there. We weren't supposed to get this big at this point in time. Won't go into much detail on our planing for obvious reasons.

Q: Do you think all your pacts and allies will save you/aid you in a time of war?

A: It's only natural for people to gather and fight against other groups of people they don't like or are being threaten by. We're supporting a few allies, nothing wrong with helping them out evolve.

Some might turn out to be precious extra army power in the future.

Q: Are you a mra or not? Explain Why?

A: I know everyone's saying Apollyon is an MRA, and I can see how it would look like that from the outside, I would say exactly the same.

I don't see it that way though. When we started the alliance it was never meant to have more than 10 or 15 members. We started as a really small core of friends, then one of the guys knew another guy, that one knew a few others and bam, what the hell we're full.

It's not easy, at all, to manage +100 members, and I didn't planned to do something like this, but it did happen so we'll try to sort it out and make it work. I'm spending more time working in the alliance than actually playing, and that really reflects on my performance in the game.
I don't mind getting behind though, as long the alliance is progressing as a whole, I'm happy to sacrifice my part.

Only time will tell if a alliance this big, which isn't a MRA, will work. I'm not sure it will, but I don't trying it out.

Joke and Comic Time:

funny-comic6.jpg

Once Again, If you liked it please plus rep me! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2663

Good paper. Only thing that gets on my nerves is you didn't give names for the people you interviewed. I like to know who is speaking on behalf of an alliance. Hope to see you interview the other interesting alliances in the next edition.

DeletedUser

Good paper. Only thing that gets on my nerves is you didn't give names for the people you interviewed. I like to know who is speaking on behalf of an alliance. Hope to see you interview the other interesting alliances in the next edition.

Sadly, many of the more interesting alliances like Be QuieT just ignored me or told me to go away so I tried, but will see about talking to Rum Runners next week.

Listed the names now also

DeletedUser2663

Sadly, many of the more interesting alliances like Be QuieT just ignored me or told me to go away so I tried, but will see about talking to Rum Runners next week.

Listed the names now also

Well aren't they boring then. Rum Runners is a good choice. Also dont restrict your self to top 12. if you see a small alliance doing well in the bp boards or even getting some conquests against some big alliances they may be worth while looking into

DeletedUser

Well aren't they boring then. Rum Runners is a good choice. Also dont restrict your self to top 12. if you see a small alliance doing well in the bp boards or even getting some conquests against some big alliances they may be worth while looking into

Agreed... if you look around there are some smaller 6 people alliances with good ABP.... or at least on other worlds. :)

DeletedUser

Thanks... will do next issue with some smaller alliances

DeletedUser4577

Good Newspaper. Would like to have more news/interviews from all corners of the world though and know whats going on. Everyone knows 55 is always a battleground but what about all the rest?

DeletedUser

good paper whens the next one coming out

Sometime next week... please everyone with any news or suggestions or interview idea's I need you to message me so I can add what you want... my goal is to make you happy.

DeletedUser

I agree with Strikehard. Let's keep the ignorance to a minimum.

I can't +REP him.

DeletedUser

Apart from that it was an epic newspaper! I hope you keep it up!

DeletedUser

I agree with Strikehard. Let's keep the ignorance to a minimum.

I can't +REP him.

I was not trying to offend anyone guys.... I hope you understand that and don't keep this holding you back from liking the paper or plus rep ing me