12[SUP]th[/SUP] October,2014​

In Today's Issue:

• Update
  • A Players Contribution
  • War Stats
  • Weekly Stats
  • Competition

Update:

Since the last issue which was 2 weeks ago several changes has happened in the world,
  1. Ruse losing key players to OV(Alliance hop)
  2. Venominium taking in "Lightning shadows" key players
  3. Gummy bears merging into Avernus
  4. "The resistance" disbanding and their players joining "Epic" and "-Mortis-"
  5. Impervious and We the Warriors merging to create "Invicta"
    &
  6. A few wars ending
Lets start with Ruse,
A few days ago around 11 players of Ruse left and created a alliance called 'OutCasts' then a few days later they all merged into 'Oceans Veterans'.This has now made more and more players to leave Ruse and join OV.
First lets see what a player who left Ruse at the beginning has to say,
Psylant said:
The group of people that left ruse was a very tight group, we were the majority of attacks done on OV in the O54 sector and the biggest part of the success in the O54 war. A few people that were going to join with us got cold feet when moving over - there were going to be between 2 and 6 more people leaving with us (not mentioning any names as i respect them all immensely)

We all had a lot of gripes in RUSE, all different reasons a few of us shared quite a few.. how ever we all shared one thing. The leadership was losing sense of direction and just a lack in motivating its members into playing the game.. People saw no gratitude for actually supporting people or advancing in a direction to assist with pressure any more within the alliance - the leadership allow people to sim so people did it.

Now with that being said, Harvey.. where to start well if you've ever watched the tv show suits, you'd know Harvey is a love me or hate me sort of guy and in my boots an egotistical bastard is certainly a hate me kinda guy. This guy was my breaking point for the alliance, i could put up with a lot of the flaws how ever this guy did things for himself and only for himself - he would be happy to advance with us in the front line though he would never assist with any ops there or primary cs's he was a sneaky little snake who would ALWAYS wait until 2-3 cs's were sent, wait until OV were occupied then send his own cs for his own personal benefit while everyone else is taking city's to hand over.

Why did we join OV, its simple - i was annoyed at RUSE leadership for allowing them to fail so many decent players, I was only going to join an alliance that was at war with ruse so i could let them see and feel the sense at how inactive and lazy the majority of the alliance are. I'm sure they see this now (within 12 hours of joining OV i killed 7 cs's in their own harbours)

OV have been nothing but extremely welcoming to every single one of us joining they are a great laugh and to be fair they motivate their members to be great.. I heard storys before joining OV about how rough things are - quite frankly just shows you how you can never truly understand how things work until you experience it though your own shoes.

Top and bottom, RUSE leadership shot themselfs in the foot - the Outcasts were not respected enough for their efforts were not supported enough to take on ruse (we did a bloody good job for 13 of us) but still.. could have done twice as good if we had a single inch of support from anyone else within the alliance).

I dont regret a thing, im glad it came to this - it was the right choice for every one of my friends.

Ryan
Psy

Well i only got the story of the guy who left,waiting for Ruse's reply yet:/
If i would have to guess,i would say Ruse is taking a bit of a beating(morale wise) cause of the leaving of those top players.

Now we shall talk about "Venominium" taking in "lightning shadows" top players
Why did you guys take in the top players of Lightning shadows??
were the founders/leaders of LS aware of this?
If so and they joined you guys,did they bother to notify their small members?

Skullyhoofd said:
Lightning Shadows weren't going to last. They were at war with us and were losing it. Their good players were constantly being dragged down by the noobs. Now, I don't know the exact specifics as I am not the one who finalized everything, but we took their good players in because LS wasn't performing well and we would rather have their good players stay on the server with us, than see them leave this world/conquered. The vast majority, if not all of, LS leadership joined us so I'm pretty sure they were aware :p Whether their smaller members were notified I don't know, but the people who were left behind weren't the kind to check the forums regardless.

Gummies and Avernus Merge
This was obviously a tactical move.These 2 alliances have been friendly since the start of the server.And it's not a surprise that they have merged now.This merge takes Avernus to rank 3 and also get's avernus into O63.So players there should start to turn their attention to avernus in O63 before they grow more.

The Resistance Disbanding
TR and -Mortis- has been fighting it for over a week now and even though TR had more players they seem to be really disorganized and so their top players left which made the rest of the alliance to leave as well.Now what's left of TR is in -Mortis- and Epic.

The dawn of Invicta
1.Why did "impervious" and "we the warriors" merge and for a new alliance?
Soluto I said:
IMP and WTW merged for the mutual benefits it would give us in positioning, and also the fact that our leadership shared the same long term goals.

2.What was the reason for the name "invcta"?
Soluto I said:
Well we were coming up with names,following out the voting process and that happened to be the most popular, it means "unconquered"

3.Tell us a bit about your new alliance and how things are run.
Soluto I said:
Our new alliance is very organised to say the least, for example we have made specific squads based on location and skill level to carry out certain goals. Eg, future frontline fighters, consolidation fighters so on so forth.

4.Who are you guys at war with at the moment?if there are no wars,any plans for future wars?
Soluto I said:
Like with the last time i was interviewed, no we are not at war, just tactically taking certain teams or players out to assist our positioning goals.

5.Anything else you might want to add?
Soluto I said:
No, I have said enough, our actions can speak for themselves.
And so we have it.The main reason for this merge was due to mutual benefits.This merge takes invicta to rank 7.They also have O35 under control now without any threats left.

The wars that has ended:

Evolution war with southern Riots has ended with the disbanding of Southern riots.
-Mortis- war with Resistance ends with the disbanding of resistance and their top players joining Epic and Mortis.
War of Praetorian guard and Lightning shadows ends with the taking in of key players of LS from venominium.

A Players Contribution
So since I do alliance leaders interviews every week i did a top 2 player interview of the top 12 alliances this week.Sory don't got much,cause most players are not interested.

1.Please tell us about your grepolis experience.Is this the first world you are playing? if not please do give us a brief description about yourself.Also if you're new to this game still a description on you would be appreciated.
3 world but only played 2 month for the first two worlds.

2.What type of a player are you?Defensive or a more aggressive player?
Basicly, I am a aggressive one but it mostly depend on the free time. Defensive need less time.

3.What has been the secret to your success in your alliance so far?
Play hard.

4.Do you use gold?
Of course, No gold, No rank.

5.Tell us a bit about your alliance.Do you like your alliance and the way things are run?and what do you think about the players in your alliance?
I think Venom is a good alliance, big alliance but managed well.

6.What did you feel about the Persian conquest?
Too simple for Venom, No extra feeling.

7.Anything else you might want to add?

1.Please tell us about your grepolis experience.Is this the first world you are playing? if not please do give us a brief description about yourself.Also if you're new to this game still a description on you would be appreciated.
Started farsarla about 2 years ago as my first world. I helped after been helped ALOT I became ok and helped win that world with around 1,000,000 points

Depends on the situation. I played a world we were late to so had to play defensive, normally I build attack close to my next targets and defense behind to support

Spending the time to be successful and mixing it up

4.Do you use gold?

5.Tell us a bit about your alliance.Do you like your alliance and the way things are run?and what do you think about the players in your alliance?
My first time as a founder and we have some great guys and some noobs along with some freaks

Not even looked at it. Haven't got time and others suggested we focus on our own growth

My 1 issue is you will not allow me to transfer gold from one account to another. They are both mine !!!
Thank you in advance,also for those who do reply with answer there will be a personal question waiting for you(personal meaning about grepo,a question meant just for you and not common to everyone)

Well, I am new to Grepolis. This is the first world that I am playing and there are lots of things that I do not know about but I am learning. I am not sure how to best describe myself but I would say that I am loyal to my comrades and that I always have a view for what is most important.

Definitive aggressive. Attack Attack Attack is an often used phrase but this is just how I play the game. Build enough troops to start an attack and keep on harassing the enemy until I run out of troops.

Wouldn't say that I am especially successful. There are way more better guys in my Alliance than me.

4.Do you use gold?
For the Administrator and the Captain.

Our Alliance is a merge of Impervious and We the Warriors and I like how things are run in here. All our Players are important to me and I want to help everyone out as much as possible. I am the kind of guy that thrives when there is a good community in an Alliance and not when everyone is just a bunch of guys who do their own things.

We could have done without it.

I respect Warriors of Gaea even though we are Enemies and I wish to thank everyone who showed me the ropes and helped me improve my gameplay. Especially Soluto I for his patience and Drench for his wisdom. Oh yes and then there is this guy who is always below me in the ranking. I do not wish to say any names here but greetings from Joe. #2 forever, bro.

This is the first world I have played in around two years. I am a college student currently studying biology. I am also a soccer player at my university. The game has been perfect for me because you do not have to constantly be on it and, since I am often on the go, this system works perfectly.

I like to build defense at only a few cities but, for the most part, a majority of my cities are offensively based because like they say in sports, a great offense wins games and covers for an insufficient defense.

Our alliance does not give an opportunity for alliances to retaliate because when we become your enemy, we perform several rapid and completely group oriented operations to take down whole islands, not just big cities. This spreads our enemies too thin because they are slow to react and suffer greatly because of it.

4.Do you use gold?
I only used a small amount of gold to start (around 1000 maybe, whatever the smallest amount offered is).

I greatly enjoy my alliance and believe we have the capacity to be the best in our world, truly. I am not just saying this, but, when a person has an idea in our alliance, there is immediate feedback from others breaking down the pros and cons which makes us easily one of the most interactive and cooperative alliances in Rhammus. Many of the players are quite knowledgeable and being on the same team as them shows how willing they are to help you succeed so we dont have just a few standout members but a good all around team instead.

I felt the Persian conquest was geared too much toward people who are willing to spend gold to make nukes and quickly clear ie top three alliances are willing to blow large numbers of troops because they can immediately get their numbers back up. I believe this should have been more of a competition among alliances rather than a race. This competition was just based on if you owned an ocean who can take their artemisia city the fastest. I would have preferred more direct conflict among alliances.

I greatly enjoy the game so far and think that this is definitely one of the best strategy games I have EVER played.

No experience, but if experience was so important, we'd never have had anyone walk on the moon.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby , and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

Riding a motorcycle on today's highways, you have to ride in a very defensive manner. You have to be a good rider and you have to have both hands and both feet on the controls at all times.

It's not about what to think, it's about how to think.

4.Do you use gold?
Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.

We have some hardcore veterans, some very decent prospects and an amazing leader, what more do you want?

The Persian Conquest is described in historical sources as a violent military raid that dramatically affected the political and administrative stability of Byzantine Palestine. I feel the same has happened in this world.

This is actually my third world. Ephesus-Thebes-Here. I still find it hard to believe I'm still playing this game. It is very time consuming, not really visually entertaining and to be good at it, will require a bit of time away from RL. That being said, it offers a different dynamic, a kind of rush with the unknown. The unpredictability of the game evens out the playing field but can be frustrating at times. I particularly appreciate the strategy part of the game. It might be boring looking at a motionless screen but you know somebody on the other side is trying to out strategize you. So I'm more of a tactician aggressive player.
Both. This game favors the defense but as aggression gives a player more control.
Communication. Work with players that you can be successful with. Connection and team play.

4.Do you use gold?
Yes. No top player doesn't.

Alliance is all about leadership. Our Leaders are top notch.

The anti-timer is still hard to figure out! hahaha

This is my first Conquest world. Played revolt worlds for about 2yrs before quitting for about a year. This game kept calling on me to come back. I'm a true Grepoholic.

I like revolt worlds better, they are easier to play in my opinion. Especially conquests of ghost cities. In a revolt world you just need to land a CS in the city and it's yours. Don't need conquest researched.

I'm an aggressive player. Of course that gets me into trouble alot. One of my best moments of this game came in Actium. We were the top alliance and had a huge coalition against us. They ran an op on me were they revolted 11 of my cities. I had over 200 incoming attacks at one point. The end result was I only lost one city and became the top defender in that world.

Being active and supporting my teammates.

4.Do you use gold?
Yes some. I have all premiums and cut productions and build times in half once in awhile. Don't use olympics anymore.

I think we have a great alliance. I've been in alot of them so I know what I'm talking about here. I think we have alot of great players. Our forums are always busy which is great. I think we and our sister alliance work very well as a team.

It sucked! Just helped out the top alliances even more. The world is now more skewed then ever.

My biggest pet peeve is luck. It plays way to big a part in a strategy game. It should only be at +-10% in my opinion.

Started out about 4 years ago. Was very successful in the first world, then played in another 3-4 but really did not enjoy them. Started in Gela and met two other guys and we set up our own alliance. I really enjoyed that until by joint founders left but even so I became the number 1 player and receive my Crown. Also playing in Thebes as Ramose22 and currently number 1 in that world. This is my last game.

I would say I have usually been somewhere in between. This time I am trying to be a lot more aggressive, I really want to be number 1 fighter.

My enemies conquests giving me time to snipe their cs's (not being sarcastic) this has helped me to currently be the number 1 defender and of course give me those valuable BP's.

4.Do you use gold?

The alliance was set up by guys from another alliance in another world. I was invited to help. We have a great bunch of players and I enjoy working with them. I have to say it is run well as a couple of us have been put in care-taker mode while our founder is on VM :)

In my other world it is good, easy way to get bp's without giving them to the enemy. Here I have better things to do with our resources.

I think this is an interesting world and I look forward to being around to seeing who the winner will be.

War Stats

Venominium vs Scorpions
19:16(City Gains)
Percentage=54.2%:45.7%

Oceans Veterans vs Venominium
17:28(City Gains)
Percentage=37.7%:62.2%

Oceans Veterans vs Ruse
18:58(City Gains)
Percentage=23.6%:76.3%

Epic+Epic II vs Northern Riots
61:38(City Gains)
Percentage=61.1%:38.3%

Hope I ddint miss any,Let me know if there are other on going wars.Thank you!

Weekly Stats

playerranking_zps68670020.png
playerkillranking_zpsee13bcd8.png
allyrank_zpse7d94208.png
allykillrank_zps673abdc7.png
colwinners_zpsfe6469c6.png
collosses_zps6b9eb464.png

Competition

This weeks Test your Luck draw number is:

This week's winning number:
L1voqTx.png

No.13:Lightning bolt casted on a city of the number holder.

Numbers which had Special Rewards/Plagues:
No.3: 4X Weddings+4XNatures Gift
No.9:300 Free BP!
No.7:Hapiness+3K of each resource
No.11: Plague casted on a city of the number holder
No.1:Earthquake casted on a city of the number holder
No.13:Lightning bolt casted on a city of the number holder.

Sadly No one chose No.13 This week.So no winner.
Gonna try this game one last time,Need more participants though.

1)Wlodziemier
2)kyleli
3)Two Chainz
4)Skullyhoofd
5)Wandle
6)WAwarrior7
7)MrFaithless
8)Drench.
9)WikiCopter
10)Bond 007
11)Solutho I
12)
13)
14)
15)American Mercenary

Enjoy!

And that's the end of another issue.Running out of topics here could use some suggestions
Thanks
Hope everyone enjoys

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47899

Very good read, well done :)

I'll take number 7 please!

DeletedUser

Fantastic read mate!

Thanks for the feature:)

Nice to see some of my team-mates getting their name out aswell.

DeletedUser47721

Nice but you can change those stats of Epic vs NR war since the real stats are 100-0 for Epic :D

DeletedUser

Great article, well done with the interviews as well!

6 for me please

DeletedUser

Great article.

The top players from The Resistance left for -Mortis-, then Resistance fell apart and half went to Epic and the other half for -Mortis-.
A lot of the players who joined Epic have just recently moved to -Mortis-. So you could say the new -Mortis- is a merge between the two alliances in war, but without the fat from The Resistance.

DeletedUser43011

Don't fool yourselves into thinking AV are ready for the big leagues, so much disorientation and disorganisation.

1 founder stepped down, the other promoted idiots to leadership who started booting good players out within 8mins of getting the rights (I left not booted)

4 separate CQ tabs = 3x English/Russian & 1x solely Russian, LTS denied to those who wasn't in AV from the start. CQ's getting blundered due to the confusion with so many tabs.

Most players are excellent however some bad leaders within and a very disorganised forum makes AV a nightmare to be with.