Newspaper Issue VII~Preparations For The Final Stage

DeletedUser30490

h8pVaMS.png

Issue VII​
27[SUP]th[/SUP] November,2014​

In Today's Issue:

• Update
  • Preparations For Wonders
  • War Stats (**Removed because COD is doing a whole thread on war stats)
  • Weekly Stats
  • Project:Stop Wonders

Update

Since the last issue a couple of major changes have taken place.To list them out,
1.Evolution crumbling
2.Ruse and Venominium Merger(Currently on-going)

1.Now Evolution broke apart due to issued within the alliance.The existing members are now in 3 alliances.Revolution,Beta Project and The Praetorian Guard.All 3 of these alliance seem ti fighting each other and Revolution seems to be getting most of the beating. Also each day players from REvolution and TPG seems to be leaving and joining other top alliances.

2.As for Ruse and Venominium merger this move is to prep for wonders.
1.Why the merger?
Atticus X said:
the server is undergoing the final shift to the end stage of the game - many players will drop off over the coming month, and this move is designed to prepare us for WW
So it's obvious Venom is also prepping as they can for wonders,all to battle it out with Oceans Vets.

In other news we don't really have much going on,a few other alliances are prepping for wonders too. Other than that wars are on going and some small alliances seems to be surfacing into the top 15.

Preparations For Wonders

Wonders prep is obviously very important if you are thinking of having a go at the world. And so far the top 6 or so alliances seems to be prepping up well and there are some who will not be building wonders. This weeks issue is on the top 10 alliances and their preparation for wonders. As always there were a few who did not reply.

1.Tell us about Rim Noobs plan for wonders. Surely by now most alliances are focusing on getting those cities built and stacked and also coming up with plenty strategies,so what's RN's plan?
Have you guys ever started to think about wonders?

Rumpelstiltskin88 said:
We have no plans for the wonders,and i am not sure if we will be making them.We will stick around thou and see where will this all lead.

2.You guys seem to be at war with OV 2,how did this war start?
Rumpelstiltskin88 said:
They have cities,we want cities.So war

3.Tell us a bit about how your wars are going so far in your opinion?
Rumpelstiltskin88 said:
Well,what can i say?We only lost a handful of cities and we gained dozens so far.I figured that war with OV and OV2 will change our stats but so far it hasnt.I am under the impression that OV is a peaceful alliance that doesnt really mind losing cities and would rather colonize and hold hands then fight. :)

4.The Christmas event will be out soon too,do you think these events after events ruin a world because they offer so many rewards etc?
Rumpelstiltskin88 said:

5.Does RN think that they can win WW's? or if a worldwide agreement is formed to abstain from building wonders in this world do you think RN will be interested?
Rumpelstiltskin88 said:
Of course we would be interested,but its not happening so why deal with fantasy?

1.Tell us about Beta P's plan for wonders. Surely by now most alliances are focusing on getting those cities built and stacked and also coming up with plenty strategies,so what's Beta P's plan?
No comment

2.Why did you leave Evo and form this new alliance causing Evo to crumble by the looks of it?
A difference of opinion between my group and Evo leadership as to how the game should be played.

3.Tell us a bit about how your wars are going so far in your opinion?You guys seems to be hammering REvolution... pretty hard.
We're just cleaning our territory, I don't think I'd classify what's happening between us as a war, it's been mostly one-sided. Other than the REvo thing, no current wars.

4.The Christmas event will be out soon too,do you think these events after events ruin a world because they offer so many rewards etc?
'Ruin a world' might be a bit strong, but the events certainly dumb it down. The rewards are getting excessive, and too much free stuff takes a lot of the strategy and skill out of the game.

5.Does beta p think that they can win WW's? or if a worldwide agreement is formed to abstain from building wonders in this world do you think beta p will be interested?
Ask us again in a month. An agreement like that would be unlikely to last, but it'd be an interesting idea as this server has a lot of potential, but is moving toward WW too fast in my opinion.

1.Tell us about impervious plan for wonders. Surely by now most alliances are focusing on getting those cities built and stacked and also coming up with plenty strategies,so what's Othe plan?
by the looks of it i would say you guys have not started to plan for wonders either.

Two Chainz said:
WW, the bane of worlds in my humble opinion, are not something Impervious is overly worried about at the moment. Everyone always says they have a plan for it, but, unlike Ocean's Vets, no we have not found islands to completely colonize and sim til its time for making the wonders. We actually enjoy playing, and, as I am still learning, I wish to not waste my game time building up defensive cities for WW. Impervious will take the world happenings in stride and hopefully that takes us places. I know this is an evasive answer but our plans must remain confidential hehe:p

2.By the looks of it,you guys are taking in ex evlution and family members and also you guys are taking in members from the new evo,REvolution....What do you think they think about that?
Two Chainz said:
Yes, we are definitely taking in members from the former evolution, currently under construction or Revolution or whatever they call themselves now. MRAs cant hold. That is the way it had to be. I can only hazard a guess at what they are thinking...I figure that they were not able to coordinate well enough with so many members and probably support threads necessary everywhere. Must have been overwhelming and also they were just mass recruiting, none of those players probably felt any real affiliation or ties to evo...that explains in large part their willingness to join us. Beta project, which branched from them, will be the group to be wary of now in the Revolution ocean. Those are some good players that we will need to be wary of.

3.You guys don't seems to be involved in a war.Taking random cities and some from The Praetorian Guard,what is your strategy exactly?Not have wars and try sim to wonders or?
Two Chainz said:
We have no intention to sit down and sim. That is just boring and a waste of some good months of hunting if you ask me. I am sorry I cant go into detail but suffice it to say that we have no desire to just take TPG cities, there are plenty of cities in this world that we plan to take, and simming is not in the Impervious plans.

4.Tell us a bit about how your wars are going so far in your opinion if you'll are involved in any wars?
Two Chainz said:
Our only real war has been against Evolution, and, to be fair, they were ranked number one in the world. And of course if you are wondering how that went, I guess I would ask you to tell me where Evolution went? Because I for some reason cannot find them anymore. So I think that explains that, and of course when I say evolution I am including Evo, Evo 2 and TPG...all of which have retreated or *cough cough* changed their names.

5.The Christmas event will be out soon too,do you think these events after events ruin a world because they offer so many rewards etc?
Two Chainz said:
Hummmmmm, events...Well hopefully you have thousands of dollars to spend and fill up all your cities with troops and such to smack around everyone else. They are a pain in the butt, but in all fairness the makes of grepolis need opportunities to earn some cash money and this is a reasonable way to do it, so i have no bias towards them.

6.Does impervious think that they can win WW's? or if a worldwide agreement is formed to abstain from building wonders in this world do you think impervious will be interested?
Two Chainz said:
OF COURSE IMPERVIOUS THINKS IT CAN WIN WWs. If it comes down to it, yes, we could win I believe. HOWEVER, if there really was a worldwide agreement to "ban" anyone from building a WW i would be 115% on board with it. But lets be real right now, OV have been building towards this from the day they were born and thats all evo wanted as well by staying off to themselves, alliances like these will never agree to this.
(Yeah I know I trash talk alot, but there is nothing I can do about it ha. It just seems to come out naturally lol----and you can print that if you want)

1.Tell us about SOA's plan for wonders. Surely by now most alliances are focusing on getting those cities built and stacked and also coming up with plenty strategies,so what's SOA's plan?
by the looks of it i would say you guys have not yet started to plan for wonders.

MadMaxMonkey said:
You are correct buddy we haven't started

2.You guys seems to be internalizing mostly and losing cities to OV and other alliances.Your thoughts on this.
MadMaxMonkey said:
We are loosing players more than cities. Some of the old AV that turned to us have jumped to their original enemy

MadMaxMonkey said:
IB War was over before it started. BZC is going ok but they are a well organised bunch I have a lot of respect for. OV started the war in 53 and we are deploying core players there now

MadMaxMonkey said:
No not really. they are there for everyone. They do benefit the gold players more

5.Does SOA think that they can win WW's? or if a worldwide agreement is formed to abstain from building wonders in this world do you think SOA will be interested?
MadMaxMonkey said:
WW has come around very quickly and I would be interested

1.Tell us about ER's plan for wonders. Surely by now most alliances are focusing on getting those cities built and stacked and also coming up with plenty strategies,so what's ER's plan?
tfxheribert0 said:
We have no plan as of the moment since it’s still to early in the game.

2.Tell us your thoughts on the fact that -Mortis- seems to be doing very well against your alliance.Any reason for this?
tfxheribert0 said:
They cancelled their PACT with us out of no where and started attacking. We were barely expanding into Ocean 63; Which in turns means they have 6x the fire power in a closer Total travel time. Most of the cities they have gained are from players who have gone inactive without notice and first new players.

tfxheribert0 said:
Our wars are going fairly well in generalization. The only problem we are currently facing are total travel time due to the distance. It’s like us sending Swordsmen toward an empty plain while facing archers. Once our presence increases in the right place; Which it is they will regret betraying us.

tfxheribert0 said:
I think their quite fun and offer something new and exciting to our community.

5.Does ER think that they can win WW's? or if a worldwide agreement is formed to abstain from building wonders in this world do you think ER will be interested?
tfxheribert0 said:
We can win world wonders if it really came down to it; We would be interested. Eh why not? But eventually someone is going to go behind the “agreements” back.

1.Tell us about OV's plan for wonders. Surely by now most alliances are focusing on getting those cities built and stacked and also coming up with plenty strategies,so what's OV's plan?
by the looks of it i would say you guys plan on building wonders in O53.

Th3K1ndr3d said:
The plan is to build wonders. :)

2.Tell us about the OV and Avernus merger.How did it happen?Why? and most importantly how come OV decided to make an academy?
Th3K1ndr3d said:
This question would have been better for someone from the leadership. The way I see it Avernus broke down and we took in their players. I wouldn't call it a merge since we were at war when Avernus ended.

Not really an academy. We ran closely to 150 members with another 10 or so on waiting list at any moment. So when there were suddenly dozens decent players who wanted to join it made sense to make OV II.

3.OV seems to be mostly going after Sons of Anarchy,IB honors Philna and a few other small alliances. Why is it that OV has halted their city takes from RUSE and Venominium?
Th3K1ndr3d said:
We always fought in the North. Now that Avernus is gone it's Sons of Anarchy we fight there.

IB was a pact that didn't work out. IB had too many players who were a liability to their own alliance and in turn, to IB allies. We're better off taking in their best players (or having them join our allies) and taking the cities of players who only survived this long for 2 reasons - 1. pact with OV+Scorps and 2. limited Venom slots in the area.

RUSE and Venom are still a priority, but as you know their cities aren't easy to take. So if a player with 5 slots sees a new target right next to him (such as IB after the pact was dissolved) the focus shifts temporarily.
4.Tell us a bit about how your wars are going so far in your opinion?
Th3K1ndr3d said:
Win some, lose some. No major changes. I don't watch the numbers as closely as some - they don't tell the whole story. I mostly look for the front line moving in one direction or the other (or not moving in this case) or red cities popping up somewhere new.

5.The Christmas event will be out soon too,do you think these events after events ruin a world because they offer so many rewards etc?
Th3K1ndr3d said:
I should probably empty my inventory before then, huh? :D I like getting stuff at Christmas. If it's anything like last year then the rewards won't be such a big deal. One gift reward per day if I remember correctly?

With rewards it's always about how to use them best. Many people waste them. So the same reward for two different players is not the same thing.

6.Does OV think that they can win WW's? or if a worldwide agreement is formed to abstain from building wonders in this world do you think OV will be interested?
Th3K1ndr3d said:
Yes we think we can win.

I don't think OV would be interested, but I can't speak for the council. Personally I wouldn't mind not building wonders. I know everyone says it but the world gets boring during WWs in my opinion. That's when a war game turns to sim city. Yes, there are some who fight, but as always grepo favors defenders (defense stacks, attacks don't) so holding WW cities with the combined power of an alliance isn't that difficult in my opinion. Previous worlds proved that 9 times out of 10 it's a player jumping ship that ruins an alliance's chance to finish a wonder, not the conquest of a WW city.

As for a non-WW agreement I don't think everyone would agree to that so others have to build if they don't want to let another alliance win.

1.Tell us about Venoms plan for wonders. Surely by now most alliances are focusing on getting those cities built and stacked and also coming up with plenty strategies,so what's Venoms plan?
by the looks of it you guys could build wonders on most of your island because of the island by island conquest factor you guys are going by.So it's hard to predict a certain island.So where exactly do you plan on building wonders?

kekeREAL said:
Very simple question :D Obviously this is not finally decided yet. I have some islands in mind but you dont expect me to tell you their ID now ,arent you? :D

2.You guys seems to be mostly going after Kingdom of Heaven and The Scorpions,how come there is not much tension between OV and Venom now?
kekeREAL said:
Well we have different frontlines and different players focusing and specific enemies. The progress you can make is determined be the difference in activity and skill of those players, who clash. With OV its not that easy obviously, thats why its looking like not much tension, but i can promise you its there.

kekeREAL said:
War are doing great overall.

kekeREAL said:
You right most of these events have specific rewards which are too strong but I personally doubt it really influences the outcome of the world. The crew with the highest activity, skill and experience will win with or without those events.

5.Does Venom think that they can win WW's? or if a worldwide agreement is formed to abstain from building wonders in this world do you think Venom will be interested?
kekeREAL said:
No worldwide agreement or anything like that. Someone will win this world the usual way.

My Take:
It's obvious i think by the looks of it that only a few of the top alliances are prepping for wonders. But we never know how many more alliances will merge to prep for wonders. All in all i think we all should reconsider building wonders,you could always battle it out till the last alliance is standing and then build wonders easily. Why end a world so early?

Weekly Stats

No previous week ranking this week cause it's been some time,will do it with the next issue will also try and add alliances when it comes to players stats.

cn68QN3.png
7L9FftX.png
gueA2PO.png
9HhGEI3.png
X68ofc6.png
TfSbQH2.png

Project:Stop Wonders

It's obvious that this world is too early for wonders. Normally a world would have a maximum of what? 2K players when it's wonders.So this idea is inspired by RockV.I'm looking to form a coalition of alliances to stop wonders from being built.
If it means that we have to build a level of 1 wonder and stack it sky high with the help of the coalition alliances we will do it and deny alliances who want to sim and win a crown the prize.

Right now without taking Ov and venom into the equation i have around 5 top 12 alliances interested in this. I will not mention any names,but if there are other alliances out there that are interested in joining a coalition to stop wonders them PM me on the forums or in game,my in game account is cuddles assistant.
Think hard about this guys,around 8 alliances who have good players and a good amount of cities would be enough to stop others from building wonders.We could organize mass OP which could include over a 1000 attacks even to get 1 city and destroy that wonder. Whatever it takes to not build wonders.

That's the end of this issue.I'm looking into adding this stats page which a player called trysmith has going on in our alliance.
That has some amazing stats and you guys would definitely be interested.
Anyways hope you all enjoy it,sorry about the no comp but i doubt a comp is needed now plus i run out of favor and resources before even opening my mails :p

DeletedUser

great issue again ;)

biggest challenge to get an agreement like that is to make Venom trust in OVs word not trying to go for the win and break the agreement. I guess this is true for them about us as well.

About the ruse "merger".
A lot of players joined Venom recently to be part of our mission to dominate this world. Thats way more accurate than whats generally implicated by the word "Merge".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46838

OV can't be trusted. I think this is the 7-8 th time DruvBoy decides to change my name to RockV

DeletedUser29314

Nice issue ... going to PM you in the game .. I like this coalition .. Nice Idea Rock5 not RockV LOL

DeletedUser46838

I don't care what you call me. You can call me stoogie if you want(formerly known as R.H.Stogus)

DeletedUser30490

not a month really feb 13th
that's when the world turn 6 months old

DeletedUser33980

Nice read again man:D looking forward to the next issue!!! and OV has been building toward WW all this time anyways...it would be fun constantly breaking their attempts tho hehe;)