Pnp It's a Fairy Tale....

DeletedUser

Well that was a fun read. :p It does display the vast difference in mindset between venom and OV/EQ players though, and why they probably will never get along.

As someone who has been in venom since day 1, and has had a leadership role for the majority of the time I was with them, I never thought venom would 'win' this world. The only reason for this is that venom had too many good players. Traditionally good, that is. Killers. People who don't give a single shít about points or WWs. I even said very early on I would personally not contribute towards building WWs had I still been playing.
WWs have ruined this game by heavily promoting the simmer/farmville playstyle, which bores good players. Grepolis' endgame is geared towards goldwhores and simmers, bad players. It actively discourages fighting. There is no incentive for good players to keep on playing worlds till the end, which is why a lot have quit, myself included. I applaud players like fara, digi and miknel who have the willpower to keep at it and show the world how this game should be played. You guys are da real MVPs. I wish I could have too, but to me the game just isn't fun anymore. I stayed as long as I did for the people, so thanks for that venom peeps (and a couple of OV/EQ dudes) <3

Congrats EQ, you have proven to be the best at simming. If you guys feel like that's something to be proud of, then by all means be. You will/have blemish(ed) your profile with a shiny crown. Just fyi, there are games which do the citybuilding and pointfarming system a whole lot better than Grepolis. ;)

The simple fact that my account is still in the top 90 of attackers, higher than the majority of you guys, after almost 2 months of inactivity just proves the difference in playstyle between venom players and the vast majority of OV/EQ players. It also illustrares why we won't ever get along, our definitions of good is clearly exceedingly different. It's old-school vs new-age. (good vs bad :p)

DeletedUser30490

Huh? I backstabbed someone? I have been in two alliances. I have no idea what you are talking about

How do you know they use more gold than normal? What is the normal amount of gold use? What evidence of their gold use can you supply? Do you use gold? Does anyone in your alliance use gold? What amount of gold should we use?

Do you have evidence of this? Didn't people in your alliance get banned for this? Aren't you mad because he took a city from you?
I cannot be bothered arguing with you anymore
for the record:D
not a single EQ play has ever taken a city from me...good luck trying:p
you wont have much time to try though:p

Finally, one of you got something right.
learn to read :rolleyes:

DeletedUser12512

As someone who has been in venom since day 1...

Not true...Traitor ;-p or was that Tommy?

Congrats EQ, you have proven to be the best at simming. If you guys feel like that's something to be proud of, then by all means be. You will/have blemish(ed) your profile with a shiny crown. Just fyi, there are games which do the citybuilding and pointfarming system a whole lot better than Grepolis. ;)

You spin my head right round, right round, When you go down, when you go down down dum dee dumm de DUMB

You know as well as I do that Venom wanted the crown, planned for the crown, and expected to get the crown. But yes, YOU had no desire to have the Crown 'blemish' your profile.

The simple fact that my account is still in the top 90 of attackers, higher than the majority of you guys, after almost 2 months of inactivity just proves the difference in playstyle between venom players and the vast majority of OV/EQ players. It also illustrates why we won't ever get along, our definitions of good is clearly exceedingly different. It's old-school vs new-age. (good vs bad :p)

In fairness, the majority of EQ are players that belonged to alliances that failed for one reason or another and formed into something that seemed to click. It doesn't matter how much mud is slung, it is undeniable that for an alliance that just formed on January 1st of this year to come this far, this fast is a testament to the players in the alliance, the leadership and their commitment.

I have always said that 'will, just as much as skill wins this game', and as much as you or other players on Rhammus might like to bark and bolster, there is no denying that the players in EQ have both.

OV, Venom, and EQ all deserve credit for their tenacity in one way or another, it just 'appears' that to win a crown you need both 'old-school' and 'new-age'.

DeletedUser22708

You spin my head right round, right round, When you go down, when you go down down dum dee dumm de DUMB

You know as well as I do that Venom wanted the crown, planned for the crown, and expected to get the crown. But yes, YOU had no desire to have the Crown 'blemish' your profile.

In fairness, the majority of EQ are players that belonged to alliances that failed for one reason or another and formed into something that seemed to click. It doesn't matter how much mud is slung, it is undeniable that for an alliance that just formed on January 1st of this year to come this far, this fast is a testament to the players in the alliance, the leadership and their commitment.

I have always said that 'will, just as much as skill wins this game', and as much as you or other players on Rhammus might like to bark and bolster, there is no denying that the players in EQ have both.

OV, Venom, and EQ all deserve credit for their tenacity in one way or another, it just 'appears' that to win a crown you need both 'old-school' and 'new-age'.

True, i personally do not care about the crown, but of some Venom members did so we were gonna try and build all 7 which seemed possible at that time. But then you left, taking 90% of your ruse members with you to EQ, for the "greater good" and to fight OV.

Splendid move i must say Atti, you really are ruthless. Some psychopathic traits hiding in you. I will be looking out for you in the next server you join.

DeletedUser

I joined the RUSE premade roster because daz asked me to, but then he went MIA and I messed up my starting direction, resulting in me joining venom on day 1 :p I still feel bad for ditching you guys but venom and ruse were planning on teaming up from very early on so it didnt matter too much.

Yes, I didn't (mean to) imply that venom didn't go for the crown. I'm just saying that as someone who was in leadership I never thought we would get it because too many people didn't care for it, including myself.

I don't know the majority of EQ so I can't say much about them, but from what I can gather from the sideline the only reason EQ has won/will win is because you're the only top alliance on a rim which is an instawin when you're the only one. That's what I mean with new-age. You guys rather build WWs miles away impossible for any other decent alliance to attack them. Very effective to 'win' but in no way showing any skill, and it's definitely not old-school.

DeletedUser49008

Let's address some of these issues:

1. This is not a game to see who can acquire the most ABP. Any idiot can attack all day every day with no semblance of strategy. This is a war game, meaning that the goal is to win the war by acquiring 4 wonders and then seven. Simming is apart of that strategy. Purposefully starting late in the game so that the server puts you on the rim is apart of that strategy. Every move that we have made is apart of a singular strategy to win the war. I personally do not partake in any game without a strategy to win including but not limited to grepolis, monopoly, poker, chess, etc.

2. Gold and money are apart of the game as they are a major part of any war. If you are not successful enough in real life to be able to use gold in this world, than that it is your own fault. Making fun of people in this game for using gold is akin to the school yard kids denigrating another child for being rich. It's silly season.

3. Venom cannot build one world wonder before we can build seven. Think about that for a minute when referring to simmers, people who are terrible at the game, etc. I know, I know, you don't care about building Wonders you only care about fighting. Well boys and girls fighting is only apart of the game. If you want to be "successful" in grepolis you better realize that otherwise you are simply playing a game with the scoreboard turned off.

In the end, this "trash talking" is the paragon of bad sportsmanship. You have been out gunned and out witted from the beginning. Learn from your mistakes and our triumphs. There is a winner and loser in all facets of life including grepolis. We won. You lost. Tip your cap and move onto your next adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't know the majority of EQ so I can't say much about them, but from what I can gather from the sideline the only reason EQ has won/will win is because you're the only top alliance on a rim which is an instawin when you're the only one. That's what I mean with new-age. You guys rather build WWs miles away impossible for any other decent alliance to attack them. Very effective to 'win' but in no way showing any skill, and it's definitely not old-school.

FACTS:

1) The average Venom player has at the time of this post 133K abp / 95K dbp.
2) The average EQ player has at the time of this post 126K abp / 90K dbp.
3) The average EQ player joined the server weeks later than the average Venom player making this tiny difference a wash.
4) Venom has failed to come remotely close to cleaning their spawn "core" ocean of 44.
5) Venom's other "core" ocean 45 top players are all from other alliances, LS and Invicta, not from conquering jack.
6) EQ has never entered a pact with any of the other top 3 alliances. We have fought Ven, OV, and Imps equally since our founding.
7) Venom pacted with Imps, begged EQ to cooperate on WW with them, and probably tried for the same deal with OV.
8) Although Venom tried to build a WW, so far that's looking like a miserable failure.

CONCLUSIONS:
1) There is almost no difference in player's BP between EQ and Ven. What little there is can easily be explained by the difference in starting times on the server. So all Ven's "gods-gift-to-grepo-old-skool-attackers" are only that in their delusional minds.
2) Venom's vaunted attackers can't handle taking care of the active players surrounding them. Once the inactives and noobs were out of your way, your alliance began to fall apart.
3) The "surrounded by red flags" argument is invalid. The "we fight everyone" argument is invalid. Venom pacted with other major alliances throughout the server.
4) As much as you would like Grepo to be strictly a "war game", it's also a "strategy game". Venom has not been exactly successful on either front. All your enemies are still around, and most of you aren't.
5) Skully, thanks for your opinion, but if you're not going to return you're no longer relevant on this server, and neither is your BP ranking.

I'd suggest if you guys want to actually show us something it's time to grow a set and make a move out of fantasy-land in 44 and see if you can get a team together that can compete and stop us from taking the entire server. My guess is you won't, and all I'm going to hear is more whining an excuses about why you couldn't get it done. And quitting. Lots of quitting.

Signed (for all you negative reppers, I can't be bothered to make a new account)
.vulpes.

ps - LiakBecca - All your idle in-game threats, I've yet to see an attack, or an answer to my question. You figured it out yet?

pps - About the only thing I agree with that any of you Venom forum rats have said is that the end game of grepo is garbage and needs to be improved. However, that's the game. You don't get to change the rules, or define success by some inexplicable set of standards that only actually exist in your imagination.

DeletedUser43140

I love this banter. I also love all of you guys, we're all wasting our lives on a stupid game, a game that is evolving to rinse more cash out of us....we keep coming back.

I have massive respect for all of you but, Facts 1 to 3 are garbage and I'm not in the mood to explain why. If you can't figure out how screwy then there is no hope for you in the financial services industry :)

Sincerely, congrats to EQ. Thanks for the fight OV, KOH, and Scorps. You have my respect (for what it is worth)

DeletedUser22708

At least venom players make short posts. You don't have to write a book explaining why you are a simmer darius and the rat.
Fact is anyone can win all 7 with your strategy but some of us like a challenge. I know you guys don't like challenges because that would make it too difficult for you, it's okay EQ.
I must say I do enjoy your comebacks, makes it obvious how much you guys care about what gets written here.

DeletedUser49008

Captain I love you brother but in the world of Ven you don't play to win, you play to kind of fight and you kind of half build wonders a bit and you talk a load of trash on the externals to OV. Then when the real competition shows up you blame your failures to the rim and gold and claim you are "fighters" and don't care about building wonders (than why did you start?).

The end is the end. You guys are barely organized enough to hold a vote (yes I'm in on your voting procedure. Actually I think I have cast the final vote on the last two issues) let alone build ONE world wonder before we build seven. Your whole alliance is a disorganized mess because you lack leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22708

Darius, please write more books and see if any venom member cares what you or the other ladies have to say from your simmers alliance...
You see we don't care, but you seem to do and it's really satisfying to see you get so frustrated. Keep it up kiddo

DeletedUser11969

Darius, please write more books and see if any venom member cares what you or the other ladies have to say from your simmers alliance...
You see we don't care, but you seem to do and it's really satisfying to see you get so frustrated. Keep it up kiddo

Mmmmmm 1192 Posts seems to infer that you care about something, other than blowing your own trumpet, I for the life of me cant think what it is you care about.

1. Its definitely not winning so please enlighten us. :heh:

DeletedUser13405

vulpes...I wont give you any garbage on this...you saw opportunities and took them. Good for you. You hid out on the rim (taking the easy BP that comes with it) and built your WW. When you had a chance to pull in a bunch of two-faced traitors, you did it to strengthen your WW push. In all seriousness, the opportunistic strategy paid off big time for you.

Now, that doesn't mean you built your WW in the core oceans (which is where the real competition is located) and dared people to come and get them, fighting all comers along the way. That would have been a bit different.

And as far as our war with OV and the externals...yes, we tried to bring the externals alive...why not? Trash talking can be fun.

DeletedUser22708

Mmmmmm 1192 Posts seems to infer that you care about something, other than blowing your own trumpet, I for the life of me cant think what it is you care about.

1. Its definitely not winning so please enlighten us. :heh:

You guys seem to like the trumpet sounds i'm making or you wouldn't respond with the books you (EQ) write :cool:

Everyone will remember EQ for the simmers they are, so my job here is done haha

DeletedUser22708

vulpes...I wont give you any garbage on this...you saw opportunities and took them. Good for you. You hid out on the rim (taking the easy BP that comes with it) and built your WW. When you had a chance to pull in a bunch of two-faced traitors, you did it to strengthen your WW push. In all seriousness, the opportunistic strategy paid off big time for you.

Now, that doesn't mean you built your WW in the core oceans (which is where the real competition is located) and dared people to come and get them, fighting all comers along the way. That would have been a bit different.

And as far as our war with OV and the externals...yes, we tried to bring the externals alive...why not? Trash talking can be fun.

True Gotham, as i said before, the strategy they used is a valid and legit one. But it's not one where they will get respect for from the rest of this world. And they care about the respect or they wouldn't come here and make those long posts explaining why they're so 'good'.

DeletedUser13405

Darius likes fairy tales...we havent "voted" on anything. I think that was the traitors from Ruse with their silly little votes while they were in Ruse