Rejected Jumbo Zoomed out!

• Thread starter DeletedUser49197
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser49197

Proposal:Make a new zoomed out view, which shows your ocean, and the surrounding oceans.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? None I know of...

Reason:A lot of times people want to see how their oceans line up with others...

Details:In the top left corner of the screen while in the game, next to the button that zooms out and shows you your island and surrounding islands, have a button that shows oceans, and has your cities on it.

Visual Aids: I'm not a graphics guy... ;)

Balance: None

Abuse Prevention: None

Summary: A new view where you can see yours and surrounding oceans. A view like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40768

So a better strategic map then ingame, and one that can be zoomed in our out? Sounds good, +rep. Especially useful when grepointel is constantly bugging for me :(

DeletedUser49197

yes, basically like grepomaps, and grepointel maps...

DeletedUser31385

I like it. I can't give you any rep right now though :(

DeletedUser27128

Hell why not, good idea, would save me hours of Grepointel digging every month.

DeletedUser8396

Please don't bump threads. Try and be constructive with your posts here.

DeletedUser33530

Look i would love this beyond all comprehension but inno just has no reason to implement this as there are atleast 3 ways of getting maps like that currently.

DeletedUser40768

Look i would love this beyond all comprehension but inno just has no reason to implement this as there are atleast 3 ways of getting maps like that currently.

While that is a good point, they also made the strategic map when there really was no reason to implement it.

DeletedUser42393

Quite like this idea and would love to see this one go through... But Cheater is right; there are many different ways in which you can get this view, although it wouldn't be as instant as it would be with your idea (hence why I like it).

I like most ideas that improve efficiency :D

DeletedUser23986

Some of them are not very accurate. they overlap colours in the order they are put, so

if i give blue to my alliance and red to enemy, the map looks very red,
but if i give red to enemy first and then blue to my alliance, it looks quite blue.

DeletedUser46838

This is a good idea. That way I could easily track down some players *cough cough* and it would be a helpful tool to everyone

DeletedUser31385

Allow people to view the whole world at once and make maps to post on the forums.

DeletedUser

I have an idea that could improve this inspired by Rock5 lol

Why not have like a highlight when you go to the jumbo zoomed out, kind of like grepointel maps, where you can highlight the alliance of which ones you'd like. Also you can highlight players, like putting a big red circles around their cities. 3D of course like its actually going around it like a Angel Halo, not just a regular circle -_-

To make it easier to find players in a jumbo zoomed out.

DeletedUser33530

Some of them are not very accurate. they overlap colours in the order they are put, so

if i give blue to my alliance and red to enemy, the map looks very red,
but if i give red to enemy first and then blue to my alliance, it looks quite blue.
then zoom in on the map.

DeletedUser31385

Add in a button to bring one alliance/player to the front and have the others behind.

DeletedUser49197

Add in a button to bring one alliance/player to the front and have the others behind.

first of all, I don't want to make too much to make Inno not want to implement it.
Second of all, sorry, what do you mean?

DeletedUser31385

You bring one alliance to the front view and it is over all the other alliances. The dots won't get covered over by other alliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.