Just a reminder

DeletedUser37948

Id like to point out that this awsome game we play call grepolis is funded by the gold that is brought. Gold is part of this game without gold there would be no game.

Gold gives an advantage but so does hard work and skill. some players on this server have all 3 in abundance and it shows.

so to the people who whine about gold users, my advise is STOP! either work harder, learn to be better or even better buy some gold and help pay towards this epic game. :pro:

DeletedUser

I think it's also important to note that gold actually levels the playing field - people who work and cannot have access throughout the whole day may still be able to afford gold, thus reducing the gulf to a small extent.

DeletedUser16696

I'll have my 2nd city soon

No gold >:)

Serious note: Gold is funded like zero said, and every decent alliance has someone uses gold. I never see gold as a problem as if you are a good player you will do just as well as someone using gold.

They're either jealous that they aren't as good and want an excuse to say why they're bad. Or just to try and decrease morale within an alliance, which makes it worst for themselves as they're probably going to be a target

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

Gold doesn't make you any better a player either, one player in our alliance which has joined Venom didn't know about the 12 hour wait or LS. Let's hope you guys can educate him.

DeletedUser33530

Gold isn't even that big of an advantage all things considered. I have some saved for a rainy day at the moment. The rain day is when I'm landing a Cs in your city zero :) or when you are trying to land one in mIne

DeletedUser

Gold isn't even that big of an advantage all things considered. I have some saved for a rainy day at the moment. The rain day is when I'm landing a Cs in your city zero :) or when you are trying to land one in mIne

Premium player has a lot of advantages (it would be stupid to give money and not to have advantage over a non premium player), just Commander and Captain is enough to mention (20% off attack), but skills of the player, how much he farms, how much aggressive he/she is and many more peaces of the puzzle is needed to make a great player. So many premium players I have see to be so easily rimed (few by me lol) so that tells you that you need brains along with premium.

DeletedUser33530

I still don't see the huge advantage. Its a small one.

DeletedUser

the 4th ranking player in knossos and most of the top 100 JW players didn't have gold but they still did awesome

DeletedUser5554

Id like to point out that this awsome game we play call grepolis is funded by the gold that is brought. Gold is part of this game without gold there would be no game.

Gold gives an advantage but so does hard work and skill. some players on this server have all 3 in abundance and it shows.

so to the people who whine about gold users, my advise is STOP! either work harder, learn to be better or even better buy some gold and help pay towards this epic game. :pro:

I agree, up until today I had only bought gold one time prior but I still see your point. I know you probably have people complaining for conquests and always will. Trust me if you best me out there someday I won't complain gold or not.

I also want to note that gold does give you an advantage over someone. If you do all things right in the academy and boost it with gold and spells you can have 40-50% advantages in an attack. However a defensive wall + spells and researches pretty much offsets all those advantages anyways. The true advantages come from being an active and good player. That being said me in my normally small point size have beaten several gold users and premium users. It's not impossible.

Last edited:

DeletedUser38652

I agree, up until today I had only bought gold one time prior but I still see your point. I know you probably have people complaining for conquests and always will. Trust me if you best me out there someday I won't complain gold or not.

I also want to note that gold does give you an advantage over someone. If you do all things right in the academy and boost it with gold and spells you can have 40-50% advantages in an attack. However a defensive wall + spells and researches pretty much offsets all those advantages anyways. The true advantages come from being an active and good player. That being said me in my normally small point size have beaten several gold users and premium users. It's not impossible.

I knew this was coming lol... You hated gold untill today

DeletedUser37948

dont think this will ever happen mate not unless i ghost or you buy gold to build you city faster lol

DeletedUser11508

I have played with gold in my past (not now), but I can indeed confirm that I have seen magic things by players without it. :)
One technique it seemed was to keep the cities 'light' (i.e. invest resources only in the necessary levels of research and building), and invest resources in good defence and attack troops. I think the fact they kept the city 'light' also helped in that they were less attractive for the enemy to attack/colonize as there were more juicier cities around.
It's the variety of play style and characters that I really like in this game, gold or no gold :pro:
Steven

DeletedUser

i don't use gold but the only thing i like about the premium is the captain and admin..but the captain mostly damn i hate farming

DeletedUser22448

I for one agree Gold use is optional. I have in the past use it, but now not much. What makes me upset is when in a slow world world speed 1, you have someone attack you and kill all there troops while defeating most of your own, and 2 hours later they hit you from the same city with the same amount of troops, that tells me they use gold to speed up the production of said troops which does hurt non gold user's. But yes if you can afford to use gold then By all means do so, just please folks keep 2 things in mind, 1 this is a game that we play for fun. 2 not everyone can purchase gold so even though you can please feel a sympathy on those that give you a good fight to be able to give you a fair fight and take your time. I say inno-games need's to do away with the gold to speed up troop and ship build times, and only use it for buildings and extra's.

DeletedUser37948

I for one agree Gold use is optional. I have in the past use it, but now not much. What makes me upset is when in a slow world world speed 1, you have someone attack you and kill all there troops while defeating most of your own, and 2 hours later they hit you from the same city with the same amount of troops, that tells me they use gold to speed up the production of said troops which does hurt non gold user's. But yes if you can afford to use gold then By all means do so, just please folks keep 2 things in mind, 1 this is a game that we play for fun. 2 not everyone can purchase gold so even though you can please feel a sympathy on those that give you a good fight to be able to give you a fair fight and take your time. I say inno-games need's to do away with the gold to speed up troop and ship build times, and only use it for buildings and extra's.

or maybe make it possible to reduce troops recruiting times with favour multiple times.

DeletedUser5554

Up until this world I have never actively bought gold. I only purchased once in 3 years. I also got conquered a few times very early on but people who may or may not have used gold. Knowing the intensity of Gamma, Epsilon, and Theta i'd say they did. That being said I never whined at the fact that they used money. They bought it with their hard earned money and have the right to use it. It also doesn't take much money to be successful I've found myself keeping great pace with this world so far even though I've been budgeting gold a bit for when its important. I've chased down much of the world and ocean and am growing at a faster rate usually. Its about activity time and hitting the 5 minute farms. That's the ONE thing that hasn't changed about this game in three years. The hardest working most active players always come out on top.

DeletedUser

GWNoobits_zps9ac17ae3.jpg

Brought to you by the Farg Grepolis Foundation.
- We make graphics so you don't have too.

DeletedUser

Gold only helps the early-game sprinters. For a late-game marathon man, the advisers greatly assist with organization. Then again...I know some people who have been top 5-ers using no gold or a minimal amount.