Just For Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

guys, is anyone interested in joining an alliance by the name of Just for Laughs?

its a funny name and the name of a successful alliance. though i am not forming this alliance, it will be great if some one who is making a premade names his alliance JFL..

DeletedUser

this is one of the most glorious and oldest alliance in theta.. everyone in theta know about this alliance.

DeletedUser

Yup, and thus it should be retired and hung on someones wall :)

DeletedUser

Let people choose their own name, and using Just For Laughs signifies you are trying to copy them and their success here, which you can't do.

DeletedUser

Let people choose their own name, and using Just For Laughs signifies you are trying to copy them and their success here, which you can't do.

i donot intend to copy the success.. i just like the name a lot.

DeletedUser

I was a Leader in JFL on Theta. I think only those that were JFL should have the right to bring the alliance name to a new server. My opinion. And hello KAS1. Long time m8. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was a Leader in JFL on Theta. I think only those that were JFL should have the right to bring the alliance name to a new server. My opinion. And hello KAS1. Long time m8. :)

i joined JFL after llettek left. but anyway, i am not going to bring it. but you can.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I personally wouldn't use a name that Ryan had made famous, there is no way the players in it could measure up to the original. The JFL from Theta, up until Llettek quit, was one of the best alliances I have ever seen. But it would be cool to see some of the old JFL guys remake it though, they certainly were a fun alliance.

DeletedUser17088

I think people have the freedom to name their alliance what they want to! who cares if an alliance with a great reputation exists/existed?

you can look at it in a few ways

1) consider it flattery
2) If your that bothered about another alliance in another world using 'your' name then i question your maturity
3) Most of the time its usually players who were not in that alliance who complain
4) No alliance name is Copyrighted, you do not own it and others have as much a right to use it as you

Just my input on that matter, however I am curious to know whether this alliance is happening or not? otherwise its just being left open for people to debate on 'Originality'

DeletedUser

I disagree with all your points, and indeed your tone Fist Of The North Star. For expressing a opinion on this matter contrary to yours, you feel that you have the right to question someones maturity, and imply the possibility that those who have a "problem" with this were probably never in said alliance as well as being "that bothered".
1. I dont care about it, I simply offered a opinion.
2. I was in JFL for some time, contrary to your observations on the matter.
3. Those who created the name and made it known throughout Grepolis indeed DO have some proprietary rights. It is commonly accepted throughout most world culture's those who create something have certain rights to that which they create.
4. Copyrighting is a mechanism to prove proprietary rights. Thats not needed here, its part of the record already who started and were a part of any alliance.
5. ankimanagine was clear that he wasn't starting a allaince with that name, but was interested in joining if someone else did start it. No one on this thread has expressed a desire to start JFL in Chi, so it would seem the answer to you last question is no.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

legion, if i havent been clear i am telling it again, that i dont want to get in JFL because of its glory.. i simply like the name.. it sounds so cool.. if i was so much after glory, i could use the name alliance x which is now no. 1 in theta or something else.. i just like the name very much. thats all.

DeletedUser

I understand ankimagine. A lot of people like the name, including me. I dont and never did think you wanted to for the glory of the name, you stated your reasons very clearly at the beginning of the post. You simply liked the name. :)

DeletedUser17088

Thread closed, my bad for thinking the OP was planning to make the alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.