Kappa: A Conquest World ?

DeletedUser5061

I know in the conquest system there is the added incentive to support allies (not that I need it) because you get BPA for breaking a siege unlike the revolt system where they get free BPD hogging your biremes as reward for being a inactive little sh** (which is the dumb thing about revolt).

What I would like to know is are any advantages the conquest system and at speed 3 does city occupation last for only 6 hours?

For my revolt loving friends here is the Conquering Guide

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10962

Aicy - I ask as an ignorant revolt server player but is not still better just to time clearing waves right before the CS arrives and still just have offensive and defensive cities?

DeletedUser

Aicy - I ask as an ignorant revolt server player but is not still better just to time clearing waves right before the CS arrives and still just have offensive and defensive cities?

That is what the majority of players have yes. Most will have Chariot or Hoplite cities though, because they are good against horses. You will be hard pushed to find a successful player that uses Triemes though.

DeletedUser6983

I will more than likely use em now. Conquest they work good with :) but i use chariots on revolt aswell.

Whoops. Hope i didnt give too much info out :)

DeletedUser

conquest is better for attacker revolt better for defender

DeletedUser1405

So in a revolt world once the revolt starts you can fill your village full of chariots with Zues from your alliance and that will stop the takeover from happening.

DeletedUser

I will more than likely use em now. Conquest they work good with :) but i use chariots on revolt aswell.

Whoops. Hope i didnt give too much info out :)

you did :rolleyes:... JK

Ive used conquest but It'll be Interesting to see what It'll be like one speed 3

DeletedUser2663

well tri's have always sucked and only players who cant time their attacks use em.

Hops have always been usefull, even deadly if used right for players who dont use mythics as they make up the best non mythic sharp nuke.

Chariots also have always been good (unless you use mythics) for defending against blunt, as the are the best non mythic unit for that but they do need to have archers with em or Hops = win

DeletedUser1405

Even on a 3 speed world i cant see why using Tri,s would be acceptable.

Aicy

Strategos
Hybrid cities... Cities made up off Hoplites, Chariots and Tirmes which don't need any outside support when conquering because they can attack and defend.

I've tried a couple in Alpha and they're pretty decent.

DeletedUser2663

Hybrid cities... Cities made up off Hoplites, Chariots and Tirmes which don't need any ousitde support when conquering because they can attack and defend.

I've tried a couple in Alpha and they're pretty decent.

as i and other people have siad hybrids become usless when you learn to time attacks perfectly. so instead of saying the same thing again i will say something different. Hybrids have 1 advantage i see on a conquest server. If you only have 1 city it can provide you a good balance of defense and offense and allows you to either conquer and defend with a cs and defend against a cs while being able to counter attack. i wouldnt call em decent but i would call em useful especially for beginners.

Aicy

Strategos
Yeah, sorry. Got lost in the crap Alex Skye was spewing out of his mouth (Well... Keyboard) all-over this thread.

I built a month or two after I had quit Alpha and revisited my account. I can just use it to jump in every once in a while a take a easy city without bothering with any planning and such... Just a 5 minute thing.

DeletedUser

So in a revolt world once the revolt starts you can fill your village full of chariots with Zues from your alliance and that will stop the takeover from happening.

I hope that's sarcasm even though I know it's not. :rolleyes: