Kappa Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser

:eek: I am sure I had some cities in O46...let me check.... nope, still there.
PE has 431 cities in O46 (most of them inherited from PK), but between the other alliances they have 381 and counting. I wouldn't call that control...

Don't get me wrong, I find PE is a great alliance, with above average stats, but there are smaller alliances out there doing a much better job than PE.

Who is in control then? The next biggest alliance has 98 cities, a whole 333 less than PE. You are talking about the 381 cities as if they are whole and all eager to strike back. They aren't. All these alliances added up may come close to PE's total (bear in mind PE still has majority), what is the use in that if it is all divided. All the other cities are divided so much it is clear that no single alliance would pose a challenge; therefore PE are in control unless all the 381 cities combine into a single alliance.

EDIT: KOB beat me to it I guess..

DeletedUser

One more thing...

PE is above average stats???

We set the bar, we are top of the class.

Highest average pts, average cities, most ABP, most colonizations.

We control several oceans with 5000 cities. We have 99% of cities in 045 (over 1400), what more could you ask of us? Who is doing it better? I would love to learn and improve. I know we arent perfect. Please enlighten me!

DeletedUser

I love how you say Sasatrsesen is a simmer with 670,000 ABP.

Looks like we are both far off the mark. Where did you see me say this? To say this guy is a simmer is like saying someone could trust tiger woods with their wife.

You do have many high attackers. I didn't say anywhere that you didn't.

I also said that i did rate you but i don't think you will go down in history because of your well placed pacts. My opinion was that i did not like the way you so easily take in the best players without fighting them for to long. In my opinion this is bad for the game. I do know it's up to these players if they join you or not but that does not mean that you have to except them every time and in doing so you are killing kappa but not in the fighting sence of the word.

DeletedUser

I'm assuming he got mixed up between you and sploggo's post near the start of this thread

DeletedUser

Well...

I guess i misread something, i apologize for the oversight.

In regards to our pacts, our pact with SF was made when we had 5 members. Clearly you cant harass us for that. It was our first pact. Also, they were on the brink of extinction a while back but we helped them survive. Our pact with Enigma was formed when we were 1/5th our current size and Engima was 10 members. They have grown since then and prospered. It wasnt like we went looking for the biggest alliances to pact with. However, it is interesting how both alliances prospered while being pacted with us, must mean it was a pretty good deal.

Also, question for you. Does your alliance have any pacts? Does VROD? Does rogue? We have two which we have had for months. Lets not be hypocritcal here.

As for recruiting top players, we have taken strategic players from around the oceans, ones that are good attackers. We reject many, we accept few. We have 100 slots not, might as well keep them filled with active members. Maybe instead of criticizing us for it, you could organize the rest of Kappa for a nice big fight....just a thought

DeletedUser

I guess i misread something, i apologize for the oversight.

No need to apologize paul, most of us in the kappa forum are on good terms. All i ask is you make sure mr massive BP does not think i have called him a simmer.........noob maybe but no way a simmer :D (joke) lol!

I did not know your pacts were made when you were so small so you have proved your choices back then were well made.

I do stand by my opinion that taking in the biggest players is bad for kappa but you do make a good point for that also so we will agree to disagree. *whispers* but i am still right.......:p

If i was in PE i would be laughing at all those that knock you but i am not so i have to come with something and laying down and kissing butt is not my style so i have to find the negatives. It seems to me that the only alliances worth fighting in this world is yourself or Rouge. I am very disappointed in this. I would love to amass an army to fight you guys but getting good players in kappa is very hard to say the least especially when they go straight to you. More than a few good players recently knew they would be welcomed into FC but they choose to go to PE. I'm afraid you will never be fully tested until this trend stops.

EDIT: Yeah we all have pacts. I was just wondering how long i could play that card for before you picked up on it lol!!

I don't suppose their are any players from different alliances that will rate and discuss?

DeletedUser

We set the bar, we are top of the class.

Highest average pts, average cities, most ABP, most colonizations.

We control several oceans with 5000 cities. We have 99% of cities in 045 (over 1400), what more could you ask of us? Who is doing it better? I would love to learn and improve. I know we arent perfect. Please enlighten me!

well there is one thing you don't have but we, small alliances do!

Average BPs per player.
PE cumulates 18'000'000 BPs for 100 players which gives an average of 180'000 per player
GKM cumulates 1'720'000 BPs for 9 players which gives an average of 192'000 per player
Fat Camp cumulates 3'630'000 BPs for 11 players which gives an average of 330'000 per player

So here is one stat you could always try to get :p
Being small has its perks, everything can't go to the number 1 alliance. ;)

True, you have 31 out the 50 first players in ABPs, 57 out of 100 so it's quite easy to claim being the best, where is the challenge? If all the best players are going to same alliance, doesn't it show just a tad that those players are more comfortable picking on smaller size guys than facing a real challenge? I'm sorry but I see PE exactly as microsoft, it outsources competition and eat the market to become the sole player. And boy! every PC user has reproached it to Bill! I was one of them. Yes PE grew to be the number 1 but it has grown mainly by the addition of new big members. There are other alliance out there who have the same number of members for months and who doubled their size on their city takeovers only. On that stat, I think those alliances are more deserving then PE.

Looking at PE, I can see it controls the core oceans, it means that those players started when Kappa opened or soon after. Then there is nothing special to find those players in the first ranks of ABPs, DBPs. Don't mistaken me, I have great respect for those who are attacking beasts or great at defence but I can't help admiring a little bit more those players from the rim who started much later (1-2 month after the opening) and who are also in the top players. Their achievement is no less impressive.

Then to finish with, I wrote a greetings PM to PE, weeks ago. I'm still waiting for an answer. Sad but true. There you can learn and improve.

DeletedUser

First , if the messge was sent to me I am sorry I did not respond. That is very uncharateristic of me since I try to respond to all messages even the unpleasant ones.

Second, I never said the alliances on the rim arent good. Rogue, Fat Camp, GKM are quite impressive from what ive seen. However, being in the core you had to go through a hell of a fight to survive. Yes we have been around but thats because weve conquered the rest.

Third, everyone keeps saying we are the biggest because we have soo many players. Yes we have taken on players. I remember only wanting to be about 30 members. But everyone who joins has a friend who has a friend etc etc. But make no mistake, weve always conquered cities. Grepostats speaks for itself. Many of us have been constantly taking cities. Before we took on a lot of players we grew organically through conquest. Once we invited many of the old chillax players we grew large. But everyone seems to be forgetting the month long war we had with VROD when VROD was significantly larger than us. Or when we were fighting Confederate States and VROD at the same time. Does that not count? Or how about when we wiped out Phantom Knights? We annihilated The United Alliance....all of them. GREECE...gone...TAU .....gone.....the list continues. To say we havent grown through conquest is just inaccurate.

Rudicus I appreciate the effort in trying to find negatives :) I do appreciate it! This is all in good fun! Soo keep it coming

Cheers

Paul

btw it was sploggos post i was referring to about Sasastrezen. Ill make sure to tell him you think hes a noob lol but not a simmer

DeletedUser

I never said the alliances on the rim arent good. Rogue, Fat Camp, GKM are quite impressive from what ive seen. However, being in the core you had to go through a hell of a fight to survive. Yes we have been around but thats because weve conquered the rest.

make no mistake, weve always conquered cities. Grepostats speaks for itself. Many of us have been constantly taking cities. Before we took on a lot of players we grew organically through conquest. Once we invited many of the old chillax players we grew large. But everyone seems to be forgetting the month long war we had with VROD when VROD was significantly larger than us. Or when we were fighting Confederate States and VROD at the same time. Does that not count? Or how about when we wiped out Phantom Knights? We annihilated The United Alliance....all of them. GREECE...gone...TAU .....gone.....the list continues. To say we havent grown through conquest is just inaccurate.

So here we go, I started to play Kappa 2 months roughly after it's opening and I kinda missed all this history of the toddling PP. So it's true, there's no denying it, you grew on your valor and abilities to conquer. It had to be said "publicly"
However, lately the constant outsourcing of good players doesn't reflect good on your valor or abilities, it kinda of blinds us and keep us from seeing anything else.
All those alliances gone, yes PE did beat them. How many of PE current members have been in GREECE, TUA, PK, CS, VRoD? To the victor goes the spoil... and some members ;)

Sorry Paul, but I have to be the devil's advocate here :p

and about:
being in the core you had to go through a hell of a fight to survive
I went through numbers again (it 's kinda wonderful how you can make numbers speak :p) and I found out that only 17 out of the 50 first defencers are from PE 30 from the first 100.
As PE is an aggressive alliance, it's quite normal but, other alliances have been attacked much more in comparison ( FC has an 190K DBPs average per player, PE has 65K DBPs average per player). So, is it a hell of a fight to be in the core? If your are attacked in the core, support flows in much easier and faster as you are close from you team mates, even on the same islands most of the time.
To the credit of PE, the numbers of cities in short range make it probably harder to conquer and that's one thing PE can claim: They took cities in the core (hence the massive ABPs) and the threat of not being able to go through the whole siege was greater due to proximity of enemy cities. (told you I would be fair in my arguments)

So is PE the best at conquering? I'd say you were the best when you faced a challenge.
Today, your size and the fact that you can launch 150-200 incomings on one guy doesn't show valor anymore, it shows sheer number can overcome the best player easily. You were samurai and now you are an enlisted army. The army will win for sure, but the ways of the samurai were and still are much more appealing.

quick questions to finish this: what will happen when the PE members in the core won't have a target to fight which is not 2-3 oceans away?
they will get bored and what do bored people do? either they quit or they split from the alliance they are in to form something new and "create" new close targets. What will it be? History shows us that no empire ever made it, will PE prove us wrong?

Don't we all love grepolis!:pro:

DeletedUser

Mac, you make valid points......

We definitely have a higher proportion of attack battle points to defense battle points. We have always favored being offensive. We would constantly attack keeping our opponents defensive and wear them down. Also, when we do get attacked our support is unparalled. It is not unusual for us to get thousands of biremes in a city before a CS arrives. We are an excellent team.

As for being in the core, part of our plan was having tons of cities close to each other. This makes us able to react to threats quickly. It would be tough for anyone to break into 045 just because we have 1400 active cites there.

I will admit that when we were smaller we were better attackers. our timing was excellent and we worked " like samurai" thanks for the analogy. Now due to our size, we generally overwhelm our opponents. I have 5000 LS alone within 5 hours along the 045/055/044 border. But you cant begrudge us having an army, its natural progression. I personally liked the way of the samurai.

As for our core players, we are all constantly moving outwards. our players in the heart of 045 also have cities on our borders. I have alot of cities in 045, but i am moving into 044 and 055. We help each other leap frog so everyone has access to front lines and new targets.

Finally, you say we take in best players. Recently I cant and wont deny it. We do it strategically. We like players who attack but also players who fight back. There have been players who have fough back to the last troop and never gave up and more importantly never whined, begged or complained. For example , Vengeance989, Lord Gryphon Prime, xApocolypsex etc. So call it spoils of war if you like, i call it smart. They have been much better members of PE than i could have hope for. Taking their cities would have been a waste of talent.

Yes we are large now, but how do you control soo many cities and oceans without taking players in? Its very hard to do with 10 players. We have 5000 cities, Fat Camp would need to have each player have 500 cities....we average 50 and growing. I feel to control large areas you have to expand in player numbers. Why not take the best you can?

The reason we have been successful is the culture of PE. You see our rules they are on alliance profile. Look at the first two.....we dont quit and we have each others back. Everyone embraces it even new members. People dont just want to be in PE because we are the largest but because we are friendly, help out and have fun.....end of the day its a game to have fun. Even with our new members, do you see how many cities a day we conquer? Conquering has never stopped.

Cheers MAc!

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So call it spoils of war if you like, i call it smart.

Don't confuse being greedy with being smart. You simply fell to the temptation and prayed on the weak minds of bored players. What would be smart is if you figured out a way to win without recruiting enemy players.

DeletedUser

I didnt fall to any temptation. PE gave them better options and opportunities. You cant conquer and entire world with 20 players. Not enough city slots to go around, its mathematics.

DeletedUser

The reason we have been successful is the culture of PE. You see our rules they are on alliance profile. Look at the first two.....we dont quit and we have each others back. Everyone embraces it even new members. People dont just want to be in PE because we are the largest but because we are friendly, help out and have fun.....end of the day its a game to have fun.
Paul

You too make valid points!

Still the attraction to be in the largest alliance seems to be a predominant factor. Just take 2 of the last ex crimsons who joined PE, one is in 66 the other in 76, pretty far and isolated from PE and mainly surrounded by their ex comrades. Those persons have really good friends in Crimsons (and in VRoD too, ;) wasn't going to miss this one G!) so the friend factor wasn't the one to push them to PE, I also don't see those players having the need to be helped out as they are quite "big" players so that rules out the help out factor.
You said in a previous mail or post that they asked to enter PE and not PE asking them first. It's to your credit but there PE yield to the temptation ;) Yes you could tell me that is is strategic positioning, I have some trouble to see the strategy. Anyway as I'm not in PE I can't see it the way you see it.

As for the
PE gave them better options and opportunities
:eek: it's just because FC is only in 56/57 :p coz we got free cookies, bahamas holidays homes and corporate jets!

DeletedUser

interesting facts don't agree with them all.
but you do have my vote on the part
" it is a game and it is made for fun. "
only question that I would have now is if it is fun why are so many players leaving... maybe the fun has been lost.
for me not having Fun wasn't my reason. but for many that was there excuse or reason to leave. :eek:

other note yes In kappa there are plenty of good players, but one thing for sure is that with all the big players that are leaving and all the new players that as soon as they get +6k and get straight away eaten no wonder kappa is dying.
so yes in every alliance we do expect to have good players and we should expect the best out of our brothers etc.

but one type of player that I particularly appreciate are the players that help other players learn how to play the game and grow.
everyone at some point has been a noob in this game a lot of people still are because they have never took the time to read the magnificent help manual that is offered.
and a lot of big players will still in my books be considered noobs for the stupidest reasons ever.

so come on I would vote to give a chance to the new players that join kappa and give them some time to grow before rimming them that for 1 would make this world funner cause I am sure there is some great potential to be found. and I have been proven that by some players its not always the size its how they use it... ( that sounded really cheese but ya )

by the way :pro: so make the best of it.

o yea only person that should get rimed each time is Cabzz bi ;)

have a good one everyone and keep smiling

DeletedUser

A brilliant post Justpaps +rep for you.
If I hadn't joined skullduggery, I would have ended up either an alliance that didn't help me learn (and got conquered) or just got conquered. unfortunately all the new members just dried up, there was noone to take in. so we cut all the inactives and joined VRoD. now there is only one alliance that the newcomers in 76 can join and that is the elite crimson fowl. Now I think that there should be more choice out there. personally when I was making my first few conquers I only conquered people who had another city so they wouldn't have to start again. a couple stopped playing, one continued and another has bolted me every day for a month and a half. (yes I do like to complain about this, I think she has a thing for me guys ;)). The only way to get new players is to support them in small alliances, but there seem to be none of these around anymore. and that is what is the problem with kappa. strong alliances don't want to waste time taking in small members, the only ones doing it are RSII (I am not counting the Crimson Fowl as they are all small members really, and when they are big they move to another crimson alliance). Really this leaves newcomers with one choice, if you want to join a small alliance. join another world

some of you may have noticed by now that there is no actual point to my message, it is just me rambling on... You would be correct, but I like to think that there are some small alliances out there that are teaching new players how to play the game properly.

and yes Justpaps, Cabz will get rimmed again :D

DeletedUser

Come on people...you all talk here far too much.
It is a war game and there is only one way to let your enemy know what you think about him/her... and trying to speak him-her dead is not the way to do that...lol

DeletedUser

tough luck maybe my comment is back a few buttons to the left
OOOHhh so close
Now you have found my comment. I hope it has wasted as much of your time as reading your comment did of mine, my point is unless you are going to either add to the conversation or create an argument. whats the point in commenting.

DeletedUser

hmmm...

no wander that you are as "as mighty" ingame as here with your words...

DeletedUser

sure I may not have as many points as you but seeing as I started the world 4 or 5 months after you did, I don't really see any failure of my own with your statement. I have never lost a city I have remained loyal to my alliance and have been as aggressive as is possible in a dead ocean, I am sure if I had joined when you did I would be just as high in points.
So don't you come here trying to act as though your points and reputation ingame have a direct link to your reputation on these forums. because they don't and I would say that out here in the frightening world of the external forums. you are the newcomer and I outrank you.