Kappa Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser15581

What is the definition of a small player?

whats wrong with you? if you are such an english illiterate will you stop posting on english forums? I hope you have something better to do than asking about definitions... obviously everything is relative. 1 month into a server a player with 8 cities will not be called small while right now a 20 city player fighting close to the core is small!

Then, why the hell are you so confused if a rank 9 player 8 months into the server is being addressed as a mega player?

So are you saying you can't defend your smaller players?

Again a senseless notion/question. No one said that! RS/FC front is winning 45-3 on colonizations against PE, unparalleled to say the least. So better not point a finger in the wrong direction. In fact the mocking of the incident was about the fact that rank 9 player of rank 1 alliance was failing against rank 200+ player of rank 9 alliance. No one is cribbing that we were attacked.

DeletedUser

Did you note that 40 of those conquers were the same player who had barely over 100k battle points? I am not saying it was not a job well done, but I think you may be busting out the champagne a bit too early.

Go team, the war is over! FC/RS wins!!

I dislike when people do not use proper punctuation and grammar when accusing others of being "English illiterates". You are most likely a beneficiary of the forum having a built in spell check!

Back to the grind.

DeletedUser15581

-Lol, these aren't my official mails that I'll go for formal grammar checks before posting!
I am not a native English speaker and I am not boasting about my command on the language. But you should agree saskoutrider's questions were rather silly.

-To be precise, 38 of the 45 conquests were against toushirou, a 213k BP player.
Taking him out, is a score of 7-3 something we should be ashamed of? By our standards, yes!
Do check our 3 colonization losses though, 1 guy trapped inside PE territory (who lost 2 cities) and 1 inactive.
Then, 2 of the rest 7 cities taken from PE were taken from dorkas, the rank 23 ABP, who immediately left PE to seek refuge but went on to lose 3 more cities (so colonization losses were not registered against PE) and then fled to VM. another city was from the "mega player" paraplan.

Don't be impatient, other PE players will follow suit (it is happening right now!). We are just attacking whats closer to us.
Hope you have some credentials for your own alliance before stopping us from popping the champagne.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

whats wrong with you? if you are such an english illiterate will you stop posting on english forums? I hope you have something better to do than asking about definitions... obviously everything is relative. 1 month into a server a player with 8 cities will not be called small while right now a 20 city player fighting close to the core is small!

Then, why the hell are you so confused if a rank 9 player 8 months into the server is being addressed as a mega player?

Again a senseless notion/question. No one said that! RS/FC front is winning 45-3 on colonizations against PE, unparalleled to say the least. So better not point a finger in the wrong direction. In fact the mocking of the incident was about the fact that rank 9 player of rank 1 alliance was failing against rank 200+ player of rank 9 alliance. No one is cribbing that we were attacked.

I was asking the question (which is grammatically correct by the way) to understand what LordFDS defined as a small player. As you stated in your post the definition of a small player depends on the person making the statement and the age of the world it refers too.

My point in the beginning was that a mega player with zero skill can still be beat in a single battle by a small player/alliance with a ton of skill.

DeletedUser

If a player with 72 cities, can't take a city from a small player, he should be playing Chutes and Ladders, not Grepolis.

Sorry, your disagreement is denied...

Ultimately I would like to know if I should quit Grepolis and play Chutes and Ladders because I have failed to take a city from a smaller player than me because he managed to hit a 4 second gap between my CS and my first support wave with a cut.

I am only ranked 41st in points and 17th in ABP so I most likely don't know what I am talking about.

DeletedUser

You see mega players only leave 1second gaps.. :p

No seriously this is a team game so why talk of a 'small player' surely there has to be more one person in every alliance that can time.. so therefore i see no small players i see a team..

In my alliance for example we will evaluate the situation and work out what is best, do we send a last second Bireme nuke before the CS or a Light Nuke seconds after..

Then the task is posted so and we have atleast 5 players making these times from multiple citys so your 'Small Player' is now a team..

There is no reason for a player of any size to lose a city unless not in an alliance or inactive..

Anyways isnt this Top 12 Alliance Thread to il leave this thread with a on topic post...

5KP will be here soon... :)

DeletedUser

The bottom line is that we did leave the original topic of discussion.

We can leave things like this...

1) Anyone can take any city...
2) The Level of a player does not always relate to points. Sometimes it can be IQ or skill. So a 700k player might be considered great, a noob, or, just plain stupid...
3) No matter the level of players, taking over 40 cities in a short time is Awe Inspiring...
4) Criticizing the grammar of a Stone Cold Killer like czar, is dangerous...
5) No matter how they got there, you have to give PE props for getting that large.
6) Taking PE cities has been so easy that I lost my edge (and my last fight). Something I will not replay...
7) If you are stuck classifying RSII as an academy or training alliance, I have a couple of "beginners" that I would be happy to send your way... They will enjoy taking your cities...

Pardon my ignorance if I have left something out...

DeletedUser

The bottom line is that we did leave the original topic of discussion.

We can leave things like this...

1) Anyone can take any city...
2) The Level of a player does not always relate to points. Sometimes it can be IQ or skill. So a 700k player might be considered great, a noob, or, just plain stupid...
3) No matter the level of players, taking over 40 cities in a short time is Awe Inspiring...
4) Criticizing the grammar of a Stone Cold Killer like czar, is dangerous...
5) No matter how they got there, you have to give PE props for getting that large.
6) Taking PE cities has been so easy that I lost my edge (and my last fight). Something I will not replay...
7) If you are stuck classifying RSII as an academy or training alliance, I have a couple of "beginners" that I would be happy to send your way... They will enjoy taking your cities...

Pardon my ignorance if I have left something out...

2-3-4-5-7 Yep, LOL

6......sad but true. Maybe its a PE tactic to make us lower our guard? Or maybe deteriorate our fighting skills? :heh:

DeletedUser

My views on the top 10 Alliances

Just been reading through the posts, and as it's a bit off topic at the moment I thought I'd post my views on the top "10" alliances.

Here goes, and I'll try and post an insight into Strike Force(SF) as I am a current member.

#1-Public Enemy-PE

Current leading alliance in Kappa, alliance has the max amount of members for Kappa (100) Points~58m, with 12/15 of the top players in the world. They are the alliance to beat, however recently they've been sticking to conquering inactives/ghosts. Despite some difficulties with other alliances-Rogue,Rising Stars etc. they are still growing due to their large numbers.

#2-Rogue

In my oppinion they are The Best offensive alliance in Kappa with a good ABP in relation to their amount of points. Currently preying on Infernal Knights and 5KP when i last checked. They aren't afraid to stand up to PE as we have seen, but their efforts aren't noticeable at the moment.

#3-VRod

A good alliance, very quiet at the moment, perhaps because they lost all their members to PE a while back. They seem to be rebuilding east of the Centre line, and staying out of others business. They have potential to become #1 again.

#4-The Crimsons-TC

They were and always have been one of the Kappa MRAs and still are. They have got better admittedly, deciding to merge into one larger alliance. However their BP is another matter... It's very low, especially for an alliance of 20m+ points now. Do they have what it takes to be #1? In my view, Yes. They just need to be more organised, and start moving forwards!

#5-Strike Force-SF

Based in the North-west of Kappa and they are in trouble. They've (We've) come up against the problem of GKM - a skilled and very selective alliance in the North. Strike Force have the problem of relocation to conquer before they can handle GKM as most of the alliance members are too far South to harm or protect against GKM. At the moment it is a battle we are going to lose, but timings etc. are becoming a bit more controlled in recent days. It's interesting to see if they will honour they're ongoing friendship with PE or ally with Rogue in an attempt to save themselves. They've done little to help Enigma, and have left the South of O24 almost defenceless. Possible #1? I don't think so.

#6-Enigmas Pink BUnnies

Can't quite understand the name change, but nevermind. They seem to be stuck in a long war with Oceans Alliance. However i think Enigma will pull through in the end. They've got a good set of leaders, despite being PE's shadow in recent months. They might soon come under the problem of war on two fronts if RS continue their expansion.

#7-Rising Stars-RS

They started off quietly, quite late into the server. They seem well organised, and are making things difficult for PE at the moment. Their pacting with Fat Camp has been a Very good move to say the least (possibly something Strike Force should be looking to do with GKM). I don't think they should have a feeder alliance, RS II, but oh well. I look forward to seeing how/if they can continue their attacks on PE.

#8-Oceans Alliance

A bit of a mystery to me, mostly based in O25/O26. They are locked in a struggle with Enigma for now, which i predict they will lose. They have a few good members at the top, but are dragging a lot of debris with them. They need to shed their MRA weight and become more selective. If they beat Enigma, who knows what might happen?

#9-Rising Stars-RS II

Another academy, when will alliances learn? Despite the sluggish MRA name etc. They are a bit different, they have some work to do, but could they rule the Core in the future with RS? I'm not sure, it just depends on when Fat Camp turn on them, which i'm sure they will when they can.

#10-Infernal Knights-Ik

They've been strung together in the very north of Kappa, a mixture of alliances. They grew very quickly to begin with but have become restrained by Rogue and GKM. They allied with Strike Force in an attempt to save themselves, which isn't working. All is not lost however, but the future for this alliance is grim.

Sorry for any mistakes etc. I'll correct problems later when i go through it.

DeletedUser

Good comments, just one of my own

......it just depends on when Fat Camp turn on them, which i'm sure they will when they can......

Won't happen mate....unless they end up being the last two alliances in Kappa...FC and RS will spend the immediate future dealing with PE, and afterwards there is other unfinished business in the south....

DeletedUser

with 12/15 of the top players in the world.

I always love to see statements like this. Look at the average city sizes of the players 12 of 15 players you are talking about. You will see that most are just building needless buildings just to be on top. Now look at mine ;)

There is an optimal city size for the most troops. This is a war game after all, not sim city.

My premise here is just like LordFDS previous post. Don't judge a player on his rank, rank in this game means nothing.

The true measure of an alliance is the warriors it contains.

The true measure of a warrior is the strength of his or her enemies.

I, for one, hope PE is all your making them out to be.

DeletedUser

it is always good to see a fresh face posting on the forum and it is nice to have an insight into SF, we don't hear much about them over on the other side of the world

DeletedUser

I always love to see statements like this. Look at the average city sizes of the players 12 of 15 players you are talking about. You will see that most are just building needless buildings just to be on top. Now look at mine ;)

I absolutely agree with this: saving pop for armies instead of for rank is a great way to play....especially the smaller you are. But you know, there are plenty of players in many worlds and servers who have over 150 cities. They have no problem with army size, and also to build their cities tall.... even approaching 12.5 - 13K.

Look at the stats of the top 1 - 500 ABP players in all of the worlds on Grepo-World. Now look at their city sizes.

You don't have to be stingy and ultra-pop-conservative to be a great warrior.

Here is the number one attacker on all of Grepolis: 4.2 Million ABP. He also maxes out every single one of his cities.

DeletedUser

I agree with you, but if you look at the ABP rankings of those still active in this world, 11/15 of PE are in there at the top. I see your point though, Sekeriadis-top in ABP in the world, has most of his cities at around 10-11k points.

DeletedUser

#9-Rising Stars-RS II

Another academy, when will alliances learn? Despite the sluggish MRA name etc. They are a bit different, they have some work to do, but could they rule the Core in the future with RS? I'm not sure, it just depends on when Fat Camp turn on them, which i'm sure they will when they can.

Fell,
I was wondering, when does an alliance qualify as more than just "another academy".

Lets see... In the last month RSII has taken as many cities as strike force, even though RSII is an extreme rim city with very few players on the front line, or the RSII noobs probably would have taken twice the amount.

Most of my players are larger than you, does that make you a beginner too?

Glass Houses... Unless you have had any interaction with my "trainees", I don't think you are qualified to make your judgements or comments...

DeletedUser

Now now FD.
we were all new once, shouldn't we be using these forums to contructively prove him wrong (so as to invite new players to the forums). we are all entitled to our own opinion after all.

even if it is wrong.

DeletedUser

Lord,
Since when did I mention the word "Beginner"? In fact, you should be taking it as a compliment that you are "different" from other academies. I just don't quite understand why you have your "more" experienced members split up into two alliances? I do understand that you might have some sort of training progress going on RS II.

On the matter of taking cities, the majority of your conquests have been either: Internal, inactives, ghosts or players without an alliance. I do see that you have taken a few from PE though. The reason we (SF) havn't taken as many is simply the problem of GKM. You could say that PE is better than GKM, but from what I've seen this isn't true. Alliances like GKM, Fat Camp, or the now dead .9., are all incredibly successful due to their almost permanent activity. Our problem is we are against them, you're just fortunate to be with them.

Finally, in response to "does that make you a beginner too"?
I wouldn't say so.

Oh and you might want to examine your stats, as "Most of my players" have less points than me.

DeletedUser

I enjoy the forum "banter"...

But on a lighter note...

I bow my head to the massive - all knowing - mega expert from SF.

Forgive me for not understanding that a 110k player like yourself, has the fullest grasp on the game and all aspects of it. :eek:

If you could train a humble player like myself, it would be greatly appreciated. I am but a poor nave, that is in awe of the brightness of your words... :cool:

...Your a 110k player, get over yourself... :p

DeletedUser

Bty...

It did not escape me that your last 3 cities were 2 abandoned, and 1 inactive non-affiliated conquests.

If you want to grow into your big boy pants, I'll give you some of my cities...

DeletedUser

I'm quite sure I mentioned the topic of relocation in one of my earlier posts? Unless of course you expect me to be sending a CS with 48 hours travel time?

Being late into the sever doesn't help my points does it....

Thanks for the head bowing and all, but I think I should be doing the head bowing to someone who has had 30/53 of his conquests as ghosts/internals. I'm keen to get these lessons started. When are you free to teach me?

Massive is a bit of an understatement. I'd prefer the title of: "The Voluminous One" if possible. All knowing? Yes, thanks for pointing that out. And finally, expert from SF - yes there are a lot of us.

Your humble servant,
Fell33

P.S I would love some cities, when can I claim them?