keep it classy grepolis...

• Thread starter DeletedUser5554
  • Start date

DeletedUser5554

alright this just might be me noticing this but in earlier worlds everyone seemed more professional and kind if there was a underaged dude or a toolbox they were often some kid who led a small time alliance or was half active and being conquered.

now i see all kinds of crazy messages and forum posts, one guy was on a rant about how america is horrible and deserves to die.. this was because he picked a fight with an alliance and was getting his butt kicked and couldn't get a peace agreement....i also realize that the number of good leadership qualities has been declining since i was last here last spring/summer. a year ago not every world was MRAed out with what appears to be an overrun of whiney players who started pointless drama then screamed more if they didn't win...im one of the most arrogant and sometimes even crazy players in the game and its been hitting me to anyone i disrespected ever i sincerely apologize cuz i see some of this could be my fault... but when i lose i still take it and even set aside my pride and congratulate my enemies..after all i did make them.

before this gets any worse everyone should agree and realize. whether you have 1 city or 100 cities, are 10 years old or 70+ years old, experianced or inexperianced everyone should come to terms with one thing. its a game...get over it. i went 0-2 in conquests my first 2 worlds, i've been back stabbed by "friends" several times in this game, and i've been delt bad hands a couple of times. i still learned to smile and at the worst i just take a break. some people are taking this game way to seriously sometimes so i decided to give some tips on how to balence life and the game to prevent this place from becoming a 12 year old pitfall of grepoaddicts.

1. SHUT UP...its grepolis not real life while everyone loves winning and hearing about stories. nobody likes hearing about someone ranting about how horrible someone is because he is conquering them and how he'll "own his alliance"

2. balence life and grepolis - this is mainly directly at my 12-25 readers right now you are in the prime of your lives 12 year olds not so much you are just starting to get there honestly. 14+ chances are you have a lot of social opportunities and sports opportunities DON'T BLOW IT. you'll have all the rest of your life to play grepolis or games like it. your only young once hangout with friends any chance you get, play atleast one sport if you get the chance even if its just for your health, and never ever take grepolis over your girlfriend or wife. oh and if you get an offer to party but have 100+ inbounds...go to the party that world dies in a year your memories never die (;

3. be respectful. you catch more flies with honey than with vinigar while not everyone will be nice to you, you can stand to learn something even if no mercy is shown.

4. and if you wanna blow off 1-3 do me a personal favor and take the drama, and immature threats to somewhere else...i know from experiance runescape would fit you well ^.^

well hopefully someone takes this message into consideration and goes classey insted of being a tool. thanks forum goers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5554

its late and i don't sleep much as it is im used to 4-6 hours at best on average ^.^ but you are right but its also true...the community is getting kinda bad...check pella's forums i wasn't kidding about people ranting

DeletedUser

All those happened because many new players started playing grepolis since grepolis started winning so many award. If I remember right grepolis won the MMO of the year??? That brought many noobs which resulted to this....... The first signs of grepolis ruining was morale then came 2.0 and now the massive and huge premium advantages. Grepolis got really bad after those updates.....

DeletedUser5554

haha hp its summer for me i stay out late and stay up late. yesterday was my only day in this week and thats cuz everyone else was busy and i still took time to go out and see the world (; + i never sleep as it is. i litterally get 4-6 hours grepolis or not ;p

and yeah that would cause it. except 2.0 i don't think that would really turn the community into a bunch of rude tools really.

DeletedUser

You have some good points nodcrush, I would like to see the kinds of communication going on here to return to something more respectful, but the dynamics seem to be a lot more complicated.

Apart from people getting angry over the upgrade to 2.0 in all worlds, wonders, click-farming, etc... some players get irate about the tactics employed by another player or alliance, such as refugee harboring, turtling, simming, defending smaller players to get cheap DBP, the list goes on. The trolling ensues and it isn't a pretty sight.

The game and the forums here are a microcosmic reflection of real life in more ways than one, so it is ultimately up to players to decide how they want to react to someone, and even then there are some people that no matter how much evidence you present, no matter how charming, persuasive, wise, or how nice you are, there will always be someone disregarding what you say. Even if the gods came down from the heavens in a beam of brilliant white light, a chorus of angels singing in the background, and lightening bolts firing left right and center; there would still be people deaf, dumb, blind, and mute to the message. As you can tell, I get this often and it is a frustrating experience. :D

DeletedUser

I agree Horus, its very frustrating at times.

I think the secret is The Golden Rule.

We can never complain about being part of the world we help create.

We should treat other people how we want to be treated.... even when they are not worthy of it.

We don't want to be saps, yes-men or push-overs... we don't want to be treated badly... but we can show kindness and respect while standing our ground and striving for what's fair and right.

Some posters reading this may be saying to themselves.... "Why should I treat other people well when they don't treat me well?"

Good question... I'm glad you asked.

Its because in the end, your life is about you... not me. Not us. Not them. Its about who YOU are... no one else.

Who YOU are matters.

And you should be the person you know you should be... the person you will be proud to be.

And if you figure out how to do all this... let me know, okay?

DeletedUser20429

I would have to agree on the fact of morale and the massive advantages premium has. To me grepolis has gone from being a great game to a greedy money sucking rubbish game. I mean why do you think I only play in the beta worlds now? Because it's an even play field.

DeletedUser

I think calling it a "greedy money sucking rubbish game" is very unfair Luke.

No disrespect intended, but do you know anyone who works for free? Why should the engineers who built Grepolis be any different?

DeletedUser

while i can see what luke is getting at, i agree with the rooster. the game has become more premium-orientated in v2, but then inno is a business before anything else. the advantages one gets with premium are well worth the money charged without making the game completely one-sided (there are plenty who are extremely good top-ranked players who don't use premium, although definitely less so than in v1)

grepo players should really be thanking the players who spend cash on the game rather than acting as though using premium is some kind of no-no which we should be reprimanded for.

DeletedUser

I would have to agree on the fact of morale and the massive advantages premium has. To me grepolis has gone from being a great game to a greedy money sucking rubbish game. I mean why do you think I only play in the beta worlds now? Because it's an even play field.

I think you need to realize that games like that cost money to run and make, they have to be paid for somehow, I also think being a player that appears to not use premium you should be thanking the people that do use it. They pay for you to have the FREE experience you have, without them paying you would have no game to play in the first place.

Also if you are good at the game, you don't need premium to be near the top just time and dedication.

DeletedUser12667

do you know anyone who works for free?

I do:) My wife works(volunteers) at a Zoo and a food bank for free. She used to also work(volunteer) at the hospital, but had to stop that when it started getting in the way of her naps:eek: And I have worked for free as well, being a diesel mechanic(grease monkey:eek:) I have fixed peoples trucks when they were going through hard times without charging them a penny.

Imo life is too short to focus on money. As long as I can keep a roof over my head and food on the table, I dont need to drive a fancy car, or go on extravagant vacations. So while everybody I work with is working hard to pay for a car or a vac, I am happily living without money controlling me. I do work hard, but because I want to not because I have to.

DeletedUser

Volunteering is wonderful..... especially when you can make ends meet and live the life style that makes you & your good-hearted (but sleepy) wife happy.

The Grepolian developers are a bit like you.... they make a living off of premium players... while letting the poorer players play for free without paying a penny.