Newspaper Knossos Times 2nd Edition

DeletedUser

:pro:Knossos Times:pro:

Welcome, this is the second edition of what hopefully will become a long running feature.As you are aware we have more than one newspaper running within the forum, I would like to wish them all good luck and hope the competition will help to just push up the quality.It has been 9 days since the world opened and as expected with a speed 3 world,we had the first conquests.. As for the rankings ,Sir Henriksen(Legion of Death)tops the player rankings.As for the alliance rankings,2 alliances Brothers Of Truth & ATALANTE on rank 1 with many members and small difference in points.But as you all know... rankings mean nothing at the moment!ATALANTE has more players than anyone in the world(187 members):eek:.
My thoughts are that Jaguar Warriors and The Trolls will go into a bloody business in ocean 55.Next,some interviews of top 20 players in Knossos.

(F)Interviews-Top 20 players(F)

Kayfon:
Your one of the top 20 players in the world, could you share how you got there and maintained that place?
Dux Vox:
I had my troop Q running from day one till BP ended, sometimes buildings just had to wait. By capturing all 7 villages and ending beginner protection with over 600 farm space of troops I was able to quickly clear and farm surrounding players. Once they give up its like you have 5-6 sets of warehouses filling up for you to collect. Lots of time online and 5 min farm cycles doesn't hurt either.
Kayfon:
Since you get so many points, do you use gold?
Dux Vox:
I use all 5 premium advisors. But really the only two that matter are the administrator so u can put buildings in Q overnight, and the captain which lets u easily farm your villages every 5 minutes without going crazy. Once in a while ill reduce a long build in half, but thats more for convenience as my build q ends up empty overnight. I enjoy the game and don't mind supporting it financially. There's no point in cycling the merchant though especially on a speed 3 world where its so easy to get resources.
Kayfon:
Since you have that many points, is building the only thing you do or do you also attack?
Dux Vox:
Like I said earlier a lot of my resources come from raiding other players, and attacking to get battle points is the only way to expand. I've cleared and continue to clear all troops in all other towns in my island, and recently I've also started raiding local islands adjacent to mine. The more troops i hit the better.
Kayfon:
About how long do you play every day?
Dux Vox:
Lets just say I play a lot, I'm on paid vacation of sortes since I recently got out of the Marine Corps, things were pretty wild in Afghanistan and so I'm happy to just relax and enjoy some peace and quite. Grepolis has given me something entertaining where I can both apply what I know of leadership and tactics, and socialize with people. Both from the cofort of my apartment. I'm on all the time :p
Kayfon:
How do you think your gameplay is on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best? Explain
Dux Vox:
I'd say probably around 7. I'm aggressive, stick to the basics, once in a while I'll do something awesome. But often I'll also make some mistakes. I'm learning new things every day from my alliance mates still. The key is when you take a hit, loose some troops, or whatever just rearranging your plan a bit, rebuilding and keep pushing forward. As long as you press hard you will always make steady progress.
Kayfon:
What do you rate your alliance from 1-10?
Dux Vox:
Again I'd have to go with 7. Our ABP is high and we have a lot of aggressive players. We have a tight recruiting radius and a solid plan to move forward. We'll be around for a while. But there are also some growing pains with establishing a new alliance. Some of our players are untested, so are an unknown quantity and we will have to wait and see if they will fit in properly with our alliance's go hard or go home style. There is also a lot of experienced competition. Some of them may be lower on average points right now. But that doesn't mean much. The true test will be to see who comes out ahead in the long term. Anyone can grab a moment in the spotlight. I like to look at things in perspective and I never let me head get too big, or let myself think I'm better at this or that. If you want to stay ahead you must always be looking forward at what challenges may come your way, never looking back and wondering at your achievements.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kayfon:
Your one of the top 20 players in the world, could you share how you got there and maintained that place?
wayne147:
i just spend alot of time on the game! got 6 villages really quickly to get resources fast and upgraded my buildings
Kayfon:
wayne147:
the only gold i used was for the administrator, captain and commander that all
Kayfon:
Since you have that many points, is building the only thing you do or do you also attack?
wayne147:
yes i have a welth of troops and have taking control of my island
Kayfon:
wayne147:
i play about 8 hours a day maybe 10.
Kayfon:
How do you think your gameplay is on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best? Explain
wayne147:
i would say my gameplay is 5 as i have only been playing for 3 weeks although am learning quickly
Kayfon:
wayne147:
my alliance is 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kayfon:
BIG JAKES:
Farming farming and farming. First the villages and then the less active players as soon as you have enough forces.
Kayfon:
BIG JAKES:
The points have two effects, one your advancing and two it has a pshychological effect that other smaller players don't attack you. You attack selectively meaning someone who is not defending the whole time because the losses not worth the resources you are getting because you just have to use it to rebuild lost troops.
Kayfon:
BIG JAKES:
Difficult to say but at least 7 hours a day
Kayfon:
BIG JAKES:
6 Only my second world still a lot to learn, especially if when you work so hard and there are players already taking cities, makes you think what are you doing wrong lol
Kayfon:
BIG JAKES:
9 Experienced players dedicated and a lot of co-operation.
Kayfon:
DjTwistedBlues:
too much time on my hands ;)
Kayfon:
DjTwistedBlues:
i do yes
Kayfon:
DjTwistedBlues:
i do attack
unfortunatly im going to have to go offshore more
as we are a pretty crowded little island with our own alliance
Kayfon:
DjTwistedBlues:
far far too much
Kayfon:
DjTwistedBlues:
about a 7
i went off on a tangent with my builds or i should have been conquering by now
however it has kept me at a level pace in the scope of things
and once i do conquer ther will be more than enough troops and ships to keep me on a high average between both cities
Kayfon:
DjTwistedBlues:
they have huge potential
i must say i joined them only because there were so manny of them on this island
so it was for self preservation really
however i have found them to be very organised and will do well for support once full scale
war or conquering begins.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DeletedUser

Kayfon:
lukjackm:
10% senate researched with high senate biult early allowing me to biuld things quicker
Kayfon:
Do you use gold?
lukjackm:
only on the senate biulds and late academy biulds
Kayfon:
lukjackm:
army is the most important thing and i biuld troops and ships round the clock
Kayfon:
lukjackm:
im on all the time but i dont farm every 5 mins, i go every 40mins and do things inbetween
Kayfon:
lukjackm:
10 lol.
Im always a top 5 player but i dont belive in getting citys above 8000pts on moral worlds, so i tend not to be rank 1 cos of that (although i have been rank 1 on a few worlds).
Delphi was my most recent world before this one, i took INP a rim alliance that started weeks into the world, from the low ranks to no1 in the world.
I also know many many dirty and sneaky tactics, but not going to tell.
Kayfon:
lukjackm:
10, most have come from Delphi and are the top players from that world
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kayfon:
PrettyMaria:
Be a top player and lead the ranking is easy - just develop your city and make it large enough to take a leadership in the world. First of all build very high level of Senate - it will help build everything else much faster. And after that build high and beautiful Academy... Doing so, you'll get nice large city and a lot of points for top place in rankings.
Kayfon:
PrettyMaria:
Sure. Gold is a part of game and also developers/maintainers of the game need money too - for salaries, servers, nice girls and other very useful staff/expenditures. So why not give them some? Especially, if gold costs not much but gives you a lot. With gold you can significantly cut time necessary for your buildings and get large nice city (and top place in rankings of course) much faster!
Kayfon:
PrettyMaria:
I'm planning to attack too. When you have a big city and top place in rankings - it's probably time to start build some troops and conquer even more cities. Right?
Kayfon:
PrettyMaria:
In the world's 1-st week i played very very much. Alsmost around a clock (with a time to sleep). And pretty obvious, that it is barely possible to lead the ranking if you don't play much.
Kayfon:
PrettyMaria:
What do you think, if i was leading the ranking for 3 days (though now i'm on place 2)? Of course i'm expert. So just read and learn from me how to play the game correct and lead the world ranking. And of course i'm giving me 10 points.
Kayfon:
PrettyMaria:
We have very nice alliance. There are many ladies (and also with a big experience - i was really surprised) here and i enjoy it. Hope we'll achieve together many great things and will dominate the ocean and later... who knows... :)
I give my alliance 8 points (don't like extremes :) )
Kayfon:
One more thing to tell you:
In the last 4 days (after i took lead in world ranking) i've got plenty of messages from you. And seems like everybody wants to know if it's me on my userpic in profile. To all of you curious i answered like this: "The photo is a couple of years outdated but i like it. And fits to the game. :)"
PrettyMaria:
And it's true, i wasn't lying to you - the photo is couple of years old, and i like it, and it fits to the game. :) But ... It's not mine. I don't like the idea to make my real photo public (because of privacy reasons) therefore found in "google images" similar to me photo and put it in my profile. And it will also stay here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Some thoughts of Kayfon on Top 12 alliances-

Brothers Of Truth I think this alliance has potential but going up to 1st place is risky. It puts a target on their back and makes them look like an MRA this early in the game. They will hopefully decrease their member number as well as improve their reputation throughout the next few weeks
ATALANTE Their an MRA that has a lot of players. Although many say they will die, their leader might get training and become a really active and good player. If he can pull their alliance together, they could pack a punch!!
Legion of Death Their a deadly force. They have high averages and good players. Their amount of people and stance in the world might get them killed in the end thoug
Titans Of Tartarus I personally don’t like the alliance. I think the leadership won’t last too long but I could be wrong. Their average is decent and I think the leaders are putting lots of effort into the alliance so good job. I just wonder if they will be targeted or start attacking
Sunshine Social Club This alliance is my favorite under The Trolls. They have great people who are friendly and work together. Their leader knows how to recruit and kick, good luck guys!!
The Trolls This alliance is my favorite. Their profile is unbeatable and their average is better than everyone else’s. They have an awesome abp. Just hope they will be around long enough before getting ganked to death!!
Phoenix Reborn MRa, don’t want to comment
Spartan Legacy Will have to see, they could do something but not certain about it
Jaguar Warriors Their elite but their not known. I have never seen them anywhere other than here but I believe they will also live a long life.
R4GE Same as Jaguar Warriors.

So Finally
We have reached an end to 2nd Edition,please message me in game(Byzantine Emperor) with any stories or news.bb(D)

-Kayfon & BE-

DeletedUser25607

I hate how you "format" the interviews. Is it that difficult, at least make a questions bold and answers italic? Or it's not allowed in spoilers?

Interviews are nice and correct itself. But maybe just have a bit more respect to readers in formatting. :)

DeletedUser20921

Don't worry guys, the next edition will be bigger, better and definitely of more quality as the world shapes into it's true form!!

DeletedUser

Nah i was just left out...

Ha ha, no worries though as i will let my conquering do the talking, lol;-)

DeletedUser25607

...Also, he thought it would get too crowed

You have got interview from lukjackm (who is a member of Legion of Death) and not interviewing the alliance leader and also world ranking leader because "it would get too crowed"?

Will all my respect to lukjackm - but it was pretty donkish (= like donkeys do) from redaction. :)

Ageofmyths

Phrourach
By the way, LoD are actually higher than trolls with point average. Or maybe that's a new development from when you wrote this, if so, sorry. :)

DeletedUser20921

I'm gonna make the next one. I don't know why Meria's interview didn't go in but I'll interview the people in top 20 that we missed here in the next one

DeletedUser18825

By the way, LoD are actually higher than trolls with point average. Or maybe that's a new development from when you wrote this, if so, sorry. :)

lol, LoD was for a few hours, but then we went back up ahead of you. :p

DeletedUser

You have got interview from lukjackm (who is a member of Legion of Death) and not interviewing the alliance leader and also world ranking leader because "it would get too crowed"?
Lukjackhm is a pretty good player... I remember him on Chi.
As for Sir Henriksen, they will probably just put his interview in the next edition.

DeletedUser

Lukjackhm is a pretty good player... I remember him on Chi.
As for Sir Henriksen, they will probably just put his interview in the next edition.

Me too. He attacked me quite a bit while I was learning how to play :p What's your in-game name on Chi? I don't think I've seen you there before

DeletedUser

I played there back when the world just opened... I had to quit it though. I was under another Allias too.

DeletedUser22940

nobody knows and discussing in game bans is against the rules....