Newspaper Knossos Times First Edition Part 1

DeletedUser20921

Alright guys, this is the first edition of the Knossos Times!!

News

Alliance Ranks

1 Brothers Of Truth
2 ATALANTE
3 Legends
4 Legion of Death
5 Titans Of Tartarus
6 Spartan Legacy
7 R4GE
8 The Olympian Brotherhood
9 Jaguar Warriors
10 The Trolls

Latest Stories

Legends:

After being the top alliance for 2 weeks, this so called "MRA" has finally dropped down in ranks!! Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I think that the alliance is sheading players and different MRA's are taking their place. It's a good thing for them but a bad thing for other MRA's at the top. I will go into more detail about these alliances in the next edition.

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:08
How do you think the world is shaping up?

Invincial on 2012-03-22 at 09:35
It seems to be growing steadily; more and more active players join everyday.
Legends is expanding around the core, and is meeting alliances like Legione Di Morte.
It's impossible to tell of course, but I believe BoT will fail as BP ends, and we'll be standing with a net to catch the big fish.
Te other MRA's in this world will either slow down and trim (as we have done) or end up failing.

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:39
What do you want from your alliance after BP ends?

Invincial on 2012-03-22 at 09:47

After BP? I think that we will cover 055. In the meantime, we will ensure our other pacts (which will be made (we're just not telling who) shore up our other areas. We'll wage war against smaller alliances and when conquest comes :) we have a few pre-prepared surprises, which we'll enjoy implementing. We aim to expand across 55 and the core, taking our flanks being attacked out of the question. My island will probably be a big battlefield at some point, it being a stronghold so near the core. These are our short-term plans: we will see how the world plays out before making more.

Invincial on 2012-03-22 at 09:41
The rest of the world is getting big; I think the first battles will be between Legends and Legione Di Morte while on another front (if it is not covered) Legends, BoT (assuming it's still around) and ATALANTE. R4GE will probably join in as well. The world is shaping up to be an excellent battlefield!

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:46
Do you think that you will be victorious in the wars?

Invincial on 2012-03-22 at 09:49
Victorious in wars? That will depend heavily on how our players react. We expect most players to send support and most will also support offensive attacks, and we also already have temples, ready and available. These and LS as well as biremes will play a big part in strategy.
We have a heavily active player base and expect the most from them. I wish them all good luck :)

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:59
Are you afraid of people ganking on you?

Invincial on 2012-03-22 at 10:05

there will probably be attempts to do so, they have set up a relevant item in the forums about that. My favourite comment from the thread is 'You need a coalition to take out an MRA?' > Are they really that weak? We are reasonably (certainly not over) confident that we will succeed in preventing a deluge of people ganking. Enough so that we can deal with them. We hope to deal with most of these problems we may face.

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:53
Lastly, who are your first targets/enemies?

Invincial on 2012-03-22 at 09:57
Targets... none specifically, although there is an enmity with R4GE as they invited some of our players, but we will be proceeding with caution in that area. A war with LDM will probably be inevitable, but we will try to avoid them for a while (unless provoked) as we will have to deal with ATLANTAE and R4GE to the NW and there is BoT (which will not present much of a challenge) to our North.

R4GE:

After a very slow start at a scary 4 players, R4GE has blown the roof. They introduced a completely new style of playing, sabotage. This style of Playing has it's ups and its downs, let's discuss them.

Pros:
They get players fast
They appeal to the alliance who think they outsmarted their old leader
They catch the eye of other alliances/gain loyalty
Gain honor from other alliances
Don't need to set up an alliance

Cons:
Unethical
People leave because of loyalty to old leader
Ruins your reputation
Makes leaders look like dictators
Puts a target on you (skilled players)
Leads to war/hatred

Although sabotage isn't bad, many alliances don't fall for such tricks.

ATALANTE:

One of the most biggest MRA's of all time. I think we all agree they will die but the question is, what mark will they make before that? I think that they will start war on people on oc44. They will try to coordinate attacks but find they can't and the good players will join better alliances. How did they get there? Well this Interview with the founder tells you everything you need to know!!

We have some pacts going now, before BP has ended.

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 06:07

How do you think this world is turning out?

TDDT on 2012-03-22 at 06:14

I think it is filling out nicely. Will know more when BP ends.

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 06:20

How do you want your alliance to turn out?

TDDT on 2012-03-22 at 06:22

A top alliance.

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 06:33

Are you planning to pact anyone before BP ends or after? Also, have you been recruiting alot or are you waiting for people to ask you if they can join?

TDDT on 2012-03-22 at 09:12

We have been recruiting some and have had some ask to join us.

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 06:28
Who do you think is your biggest threat in the world/who are you going to declare war on?

TDDT on 2012-03-22 at 06:30

We will not know that until BP ends.

Legion of Death:

These guys are the big guys. They will climb up the rankings and dominate, quite a hard force to beat!! They have the highest average and decent attack points. We will have to wait to see if they get attacked but if I wasn't in their alliance, I would be worrying about these guys!!

Will get an interview on them as soon as the questions are answered completely!!

Moving along, Titans Of Tartarus:

An MRA but better than ATLANTE. They have a chance to stop recruiting and settle. They could go either way, good or bad. I'll talk about them later.

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:08
How do you think the world is shaping up?

DSFaith on 2012-03-22 at 09:11
Quite well...their are many things already starting to occur although the B.P has not ended...
Many experienced players are their in this world.....People from different servers are here too..
I think this is going to be one heck of a world.....this world is going to surprise the best of best players...

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:13
Good news!! What are your ideas for your alliance, the direction your heading (aggressive or passive... etc)?

DSFaith on 2012-03-22 at 09:16
It seems we are heading towards....I really don't know.....we are heading towards everything, but I think our main goal right now is to remain in the top 5....or to a extent to rank 1...

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:17
Do you consider yourselves an MRA?

DSFaith on 2012-03-22 at 09:26
Not really....only experienced and active and loyal players...
We are really strict on these issues.....if anyone is seen not growing...we would kick him out without a notice....

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:33
You have one of the lower point averages for alliances in the top 10, what do you think about that?

DSFaith on 2012-03-22 at 09:36
We are ahead of Spartan Legacy but....I think...ya, we are growing and if you see...compared to other alliances from 5 to 10....they have from 20-50 members....so the lower the members..the higher the average...except for the top 3....as their members have really high points....but we are growing and will get ahead....

Kayfon on 2012-03-22 at 09:38
Who do you think is your biggest threat in the world?

DSFaith on 2012-03-22 at 09:40
I think Legends...
We need to overcome them...they have grown at a high pace....

Continued on Second Part, too long to fit on one

+rep if you liked it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

After being the top alliance for 2 weeks, this so called "MRA" has finally dropped down in ranks!! Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I think that the alliance is sheading players and different MRA's are taking their place. It's a good thing for them but a bad thing for other MRA's at the top. I will go into more detail about these alliances in the next edition.

I think you mean two days?

DeletedUser15240

Not a bad attempt, but I would have liked to see more formatting in interviews, and maybe you could have expanded more on the R4GE section.

However, not bad :)

DeletedUser22940

not bad. I agree with the comments about formatting.
Also, maybe a little less interviews next tome and some propaganda involved =D

DeletedUser

Nice newspaper, quite a bit of work went into it. Although my only problems with it is the splitting of the newspaper into two threads, why not just cram them together and if you go over words max just post the rest in a different post?

Also, layout could be better. Such as a image in the center to draw people in, play around the typography a little bit. You'll be surprised how fancy typography keeps people focus on things and makes them read on.

Although, I have experience with the doing above, I never actually written my own newspaper but something else entirely that involves quite a lot of the above and I'm also a bit of a detail-freak, I like making things complicated in my artwork and literature, but if that isn't your cup of tea than each to their own. So I don't really know if my critique will be useful or not for you, but hey, its your newspaper. Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20921

Yea, just wiped this up in 15-20 mins so didn't work on formatting that much. I'll add a picture and better appeal next time. I just wanted to get info about alliances before BP ended to you guys as soon as possible. Ok, I'll post in another post next time, thanks Valoel!!