Newspaper Kos Weekly Edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20921

Hey guys,

Another week has passed and Dreedfleet has caught up in ABP to ETD. This week will only be an article and interviews. Don't have much time... The interviews were taken by mrpenguin so thank you for saving me alot of time. Don't forget to +rep him for his hard work.

Lets get to it, interviews:

First off, Victorious69 from The Furious
How does it feel to be in the top 15?

1 - It feels good to be in the top 5, its where i think we belong

Do you think you will stay in your position or get better?

2 - i dont like our bp stats. but its for a reason.. we fight as one team and preper for war.. not slowing down on single tasks

Out of the other top 15 players, which one do you think is the worst and why?

3 - i dont rate worst or best players.. i just try to do my job as a founder

Out of the other top 15 players, which one do you think is the best and why?

4 - same as above

Other than your alliance what other ones do you think are good or could be a threat?

5 - right now i think the dragons are the best

How do you plan on continuing your expansion and to where?

6 - we will control O 55 and O 45 if we lose that war it means that we are out.. and we do our best to make that not happend.

our expansion depends purely on how and what happend in the oceans we are located in now..

What do you think of the alliance you're in (ex: Do you think it will be a prime war ocean, what alliances would dominate in your ocean)?

The ocean i am in will be a prime war ocean.. as in many other worlds the O 55 is. the dragons will dominate for a while..its up to the rest who they pact with to secure the future of their alliance. nothing is certain so early in the game.. and no matter if you are experienced or not the alliance with the highest activity and communication will come out as a winner of this ocean or world to.

Do you like the players in this world and how the world is coming out?

I like this world so far better than the last world i came from (knossos) its not too much bs politics but there is good and bad with every world and some player i been in talks with have already proved themselves on both sides. i think its very many strong teams in this world and that makes it inntresting, some of the top 10 will disepear and some new ones will come.

Second we have kekeREAL from ETD

Well,obviously i could say it feels pretty good and I'm very happy that everything works out that well but I'm pretty used to it to be honest.^^ Being on Top in the first Month of a world is directly related to your activity.( So its not a real achievement)
Real skill and strategy aren't that important right now.

I do skip alot of worlds and play only one world seriously. Thats a common mistake by a lot of players. They get exited about a new worlds and forget their work in older worlds. If you really focus on 1 world and max 1 extra hobbyworld and stick around for a long time you should be doing well. If I play a world seriously I always want to dominate ( which is not that easy on morale worlds)

I think H3kz is the best player there. He knows how to execute decent gameplay and is very active. There are quite a few good players. Its too early to see who will be serious.

well^^ obviously u want some fights. i dont like to call names that early :D

Other than your alliance what other ones do you think are good or could be a threat?

DreadFleet looks impressive.
Kos Elite doing pretty good aswell.

Dreadfleet will be around for a long time because they dont have any big threats in their core area.

No details , sorry lol

What do you think of the alliance you're in (ex: Do you think it will be a prime war ocean, what alliances would dominate in your ocean)?

I think Enter the Dragon is the best alliance on the server right now but a few are close.
Its just too early to tell.

yes I do. Pretty funny people. The forum is not that inactive like others. I think Kos will be a fun experience for all of us. People just have to focus more and they will be around for a while. This world has great settings. A conquest world with speed1, unitspeed2 and an alliance limit of 50 is great. This can be a very interesting longterm world.

Next we have stabbed from Dreadfleet, now in ETD

its still early days yet the game only really starts when conquest starts, so the top 15 will change within the next few weeks

Im always a bit slow to start with hope this will pick up as time goes on

Do you like your standings for BP?

Hate my BP but this being a world 1, working on buildings first to get conquest is a must

The other top 14 players have all done great to get where they are so well done

kekeReal has done great he did Colonize his first city but this worked as he was so fast at getting his CS built nobody could catch him

Enter The Dragon looks like a great alliance they will be here for a while.
The Shadow Force is top but feel there going to make a lot of enemy's if Sir-Saint keeps mailing other alliances players

Sorry don't have any plans i take each day as they come.

DreadFleet are a great group of experienced players and im looking forward to the months ahead.
I have noticed a lot of alliances are spread out a little so time will tell what direction we all go in.

So far this world looks like it might have a few good wars in the future. and the players i have talked to have all been great

War game or not its all about having fun. good luck people :)

Finally we have H3kz from ETD:

It feels pretty nice but at the same time it does make you a prime target which is concerning as well. People think 'If i can get him the rest will crumble'.

Well i'm intending to stay in the top 10 for the foreseeable future, but it's hard to speak for how well i'm gonna do until things start heating up properly :)

Do you like your standings for BP?

I'm pretty happy with where i am at the moment, but to tell you the truth i have been slacking off big time this past while, it's hard to resist juicy farms all around me ^^.

At the moment i'd have to say kevcar, for no other reason than him being in his own alliance. It's very hard to judge people based on points, maybe after ive fought some i'll know better!

I'm a big fan of kekeREAL but since he's in my alliance il be diplomatic about it... I like mortal-9999. He has a high point average, he has a high ABP and he's just taken his second city.

Im pretty impressed by how dreadfleet have been doing, after starting up a little later they've been blazing a trail in their ocean.

Seriously considering Emperor Penguin for asking me this question :D

O55 is always a big war ocean, but im pretty sure ETD will do just fine in our ocean. There doesnt seem to be any huge premade threats here for the moment. Of the alliances i'd take note of are probably Elite Trojans, they have quite a large presence and a decent amount of ABP.

I like the world, there wern't any huge premades running away on ABP or points and nothing is set in stone yet which is really nice. A lot of the players ive been interacting with are friendly and very active so i think Kos has some great potential!

DeletedUser20921

The topic for the article this week is conquest.

Now this topic is very broad and it incorporates many aspects of the game. Today we will talk about the strategies when getting cities early in the game. Generally during the early game, alliances want to create a solid core, weather that's by inviting or conquering in up to them. The point is to secure an area of influence that they can build off of later. Many top players rush to conquest as fast as possible to ensure the juiciest cities for themselves. But one big predicament every player early game is stuck with is weather to focus on building your city for conquest or building your army to kill other players. Both arguments has pros and cons and different people have different views on the topic. Starting off killing players can get you lots of BP when can help you progress faster in the game due to culture points. Gaining BP will generally result in a massive increase in cities once they get conquest. The disadvantage of this is the fact that you won't get building as much and will lag behind the rest of the server. So for most people, getting conquest is the best way to go. As we saw from kekeREAL, he rushed to conquest and was very successful at getting a 2nd city while only having 2000 points. Although both ideas have pros and cons, a nice balance of the 2 will give you the best results.

That's it for this week, sorry it's so short. I'll see what time I have next time for this.

Thanks for reading + rep if you liked ;)

DeletedUser27700

Another great addition!

For discussions, or compliments, please go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.